Watching favorite movie

@sishy7 (18402)
Australia
Everytime I see my son watching our DVD collections, he always put the same Lord of the Rings trilogy. I keep telling him how many times he has watched that movie, and won't he get sick of them. And each time he'll just shake his head and keep watching. I know it's his favorite movie, obviously; but do people really watch the same movie over and over again?
@chum24 (570)
may be yes some people watch over and over again if it is there fave movie. even me i used to watch movie again and again if its my fave of course! :]
@sishy7 (18402)
good on you
@Heixyin (177)
Well, same goes to my brother lol. My bro tends to watch the same movie over and over. The last time was high school musical season 2. He just keeps watching it and never get bored though. Well, for me, I prefer watching them once only. Cause it would feel real that way. Some how, watching them over and over feels like history is repeating itself. I feel weird watching things twice. Not to mention over n over. == haha
@sishy7 (18402)
I can understand if we want to watch a movie in DVD, say, a second time. Maybe there were things we missed the first time around; or perhaps other people likes to watch the movie and we just want to be in their company.
@beamer88 (4270)
My collection of DVDs isn't that extensive. I'd say I only have less than 50 more or less. And I rarely watch them, actually. But when I do, I only watch a couple of them, even if I had watched them for the nth time. I've even had memorized some of the lines spoken in those movies. There's something about a movie that makes you watch it over and over again I guess. Oh, and I also do watch Tolkien's trilogy a lot, too :)
@sishy7 (18402)
pheww, I'm glad my son has company. I'm sure he remembers the scenes & lines in those movies by now. I myself can't stand watching movies with grotesque looking creatures.
@dianluzi (48)
My favourite movie is Titanic.I have watched the movie many times.Every time when I watched Titanic,I am always touched and shocked.I have deep feeling for Titanic.Many of my friend can't understand me,but I don't care.Titanic is my favourite movie forever.Lord of the Rings trilogy to your son may be as same as me.I know that feeling.