When you say Forgive me

@didi13 (2927)
Romania
Sometimes, we say forgive me and believe that the magic formula that I gave it only after we thought long, snatching it from the pride we will solve everything. That the miracle will delete all wounds. Will smooth all the scars. Then we get upset when the one who I wrong, but I apologized, sometimes reminds us our evil deed in the past. We feel entitled to believe that, beyond the magic word, and unpleasant memories should be abolished forever. "Why reproach me that, only I asked for forgiveness?", Fits of rage, believing that more than I could have done so. But "Forgive me" is an utter empty words when you put something in place without hope that you collapsed it. It is not nothing but a trick of atonement in a situation, however, can not be saved. It's a formula that makes sense only if you apologize and fix it somehow, which you broke. If you put something in place of waiting, the illusion of hope that you destroyed it. If you say "forgive me" and never make a promise that life will not repeat the gesture that caused your suffering neighbor. A promise that, if a break, it's like you have canceled all requests for forgiveness before. When we say "forgive me" ought to start a new life. Too few of us are the strong, who really are able to do so. For many people, "forgive me" is just a way of saying "leave me alone" ...
@Dominique25 (9475)
Yes when a person says to "forgive me" it should be a genuine request. They should endeavor not to do what they did before that caused pain to the one that they are asking forgiveness from. So many people take such a request lightly. But we can only break a person's trust and respect for us so many times, before it starts to have huge consequences on our relationship with them.
@didi13 (2927)
In our vocabulary slip short words but with deep meaning. Forgive me, Sincerely, Regards. All have spoken, time and their time, and only then, it will lose its significance, and only then, means that we understand the context in which we used. Otherwise, it would be so, empty words, meaningless, and rather than tell them, better for the Silent, silence is more precious than the banality of talk, meaningless, the vibration of living. Thanks for response.
It is definitely important for us to under the context behind what we are saying. This will for us. And it will make us realize when we should say certain things. We want to be sincere and genuine.
@shylade (3137)
its easy to say forgive me but its hard to give forgiveness. you have to regain the trust that was lost because of the mistake you have created. if you ask forgiveness be it true to your heart and soul. the person you are asking for a forgiveness may not see it through but the Lord God what's in your heart. for the person whom forgiveness is asking for, you can forgive but remember what you have learned from it. forgiveness is hard to give especially if the person asking you so much pain. but bare in mind that continuously dwelling with past is not healthy. when the person who have wronged us already said sorry and ask for our forgiveness with honesty and heart fully, its up to us now. the burden is all in our heart. its like holding a burning charcoal in our hands, the longer we hold them, the more pain it can give us. we are still hurting but the person who have wronged us had freed him/herself from the pain. so better move on and look forward.
@didi13 (2927)
I believe in the power of "forgive me" and I forgave him and I apologized whenever I wrong. Generally I get angry in my heart, forgive easily but when you feel like another sorry mistake. I have said many times "forgive me" when I was wrong, because I was always an honest man and I could not live with the fact that I hurt someone. Most times I was forgiven. Instead, maybe when I was sincere, but wrong without intention, when I regretted and I would have wanted more than anything to be forgiven, did not happen. And sure, you have to get over, and move on. Thanks for response.
@tatzkie23 (773)
One of the thorniest and most difficult things we humans are ever called upon to do is to respond to evil with kindness, and to forgive the unforgivable. We love to read stories about people who have responded to hatred with love, but when that very thing is demanded of us personally, our default seems to be anger, angst (dread or anguish), depression, righteousness, hatred, etc. Yet study after study shows that one of the keys to longevity and good health is to develop a habit of gratitude and let go of past hurts. Want to live a long, happy life? Forgive the unforgivable. It really is the kindest thing you can do for yourself. Your enemy may not deserve to be forgiven for all the pain and sadness and suffering purposefully inflicted on your life, but you deserve to be free of this evil.
@didi13 (2927)
Sometimes what we say can be interpreted differently than we want. Sometimes, and perhaps overly emotional act. There are circumstances, situations where we are and influence our perceptions and reactions. Sometimes we simply wrong. Personally, I believe in the power of 'forgive me' ... and I said it in my heart when he was to be. I am happy when people meet beyond choosing the common sense useless pride. Here among you I learned this and so I allowed to share this thought of mine. Thanks for the wonderful response.
@GemmaR (8526)
I think that a lot of the time, people will say that they forgive somebody just because they're bored of discussing the same thing over and over again, and because they would like to move on from the situation and think about something else. However, if this is the case, it means that they might not have really forgiven for the thing that has happened, which may mean that it will get brought up in any argument that they may have in the future. I don't think that people should say that they are forgiving if they're not 100% sure in their own mind that this is going to be the case.
@didi13 (2927)
Forgiveness is quite easy to get, but it's very hard to keep! Say it is quite easy for the one next to you in desperation, of too much pain, the fear of loneliness, you may say yes, I forgive you!, But you must be one that shows every second, with each breathing, the remnant of trust that has in you is not in vain. To forgive means to understand and move forward with clean soul from the wrong person may perhaps not realized, can not guess when that may not split from her past ... Thanks for response.
@eljayo (1107)
Hi! To forgive is not an easy thing to do. Sometimes it may take time to be able to completely forgive. But if we don't forgive we will carry the burden in our hearts and it will only grow and become worse. To forgive and to ask forgiveness is an evidence of humility. It should not be taken for granted.
@didi13 (2927)
In fact, I think everyone should like, before you say this word, to look deep into his soul, to get into so far to realize if it is truly ready to accept other's forgiveness for it, the most often comes with a set of requirements that must comply with in order to hope that, ever, on the soul hurt you, will ever again believe in you. Thanks for response.
@safety69 (592)
• Taiwan
I do not believe in that expresion: "Please Forgive Me" since I had some experiences where they said that only when they ve been catched in something wrong , but , other way they wont say what they are doing, untill you find out by yourself, so, I dont think that forgiveness comes from their heart. Maybe I would believe it if the person declare what was the bad thing she or he did, and they feel really , really sorry, even like that , I would never forget what they did to hurt me, just let it go. In my case , if I do something wrong and hurt someone I would say sorry that you found that ,but , I wont regret it , I usually try not to hurt people , I am not that kind of person. Have a great day my friend.
@didi13 (2927)
Forgiveness must truly deserve. Where there is regret, repentance, the desire to not repeat the mistake, to repair, to fill, the void left, remove the suffering created by the crumbs to rebuild shattered hope, forgiveness does not pointless. The word "forgive me" condemn us to change. Us to be better, to be as I was, to think ten times before acting again, to look more deeply into the eyes of those who know the man will suffer from our wickedness. Must alive and sick society we live in, we cultivate forgiveness then we can put it into practice .... If we keep grams of humanity with which we were born ... !!!!! will be saved ... .!!!!! Thanks for response.
@inertia4 (27713)
You're right. The words forgive me are empty words. They mean nothing. Just like most words we use anyway. When something is broken it can never be fixed. Whether it is a relationship or friendship or anything for that matter. But at the same token, don't fix what isn't broken. I never apologize as it is. I find it senseless and stupid. If I do something wrong I confront it. I try and fix whatever it is, but saying forgive me is out of my vocabulary. sometimes we say things or do things that we really do not mean. We are not perfect, we are not machines, we are humans. Even machines screw up at times. So, I do not forgive you and I don't want you to forgive me. Thats how I see it.
@megamatt (14327)
The want for forgiveness is merely a want to be at peace with everything that we have done. So the healing can rather begin. Of course, the degree of how we are truthfully forgiven can really be debated all day, every single day, until the end of time. There are times however where people are going to be put at ease by the mere illusion of forgiveness and what it may in fact bring. Of course, there are going to be times where there is going to really be nothing to it. There are times where we say to forgive and we forgive. I hope that forgiveness can truly happen but it truthfully depends on what the breach is. For some, it is a long and winding road towards the result of forgiveness. But perhaps it may happen, completely, you never know.