I have to have $3000 in savings

@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Well I would have to either get a cosigner (Which is out of the question) or save up $3000 before I would be able to get my own place. I guess I will just have to work on getting that $3000 saved up. I want to get it saved up as soon as possible but I know that that is going to be a bit difficult to accomplish. I am hoping I can get as many hours as possible and after my first few initial expenses, maybe I can save up one or two paychecks a month to help me save up quicker. Not only that but online earnings may help a little bit. Taxes won't because I've already gotten them back and they've already been spent (Well are in the "to be spent" pile of money). So yeah $3000 to save and then I will be able to get my own place. If I save even more I can et a bigger place but that all depends on what I have at the time. i also have to take into consideration that I am going to need to buy furniture as well so I will have to maybe go somewhere with some good furniture or find some for cheap but in good condition at goodwill and find someone who will carry it for me to my place. SO yeah a lot to plan and a lot to buy. I also plan on stocking up on necessities so that when I get my own place I won't need to buy them for awhile. Freebies is what I will be using haha. So that's a little update on me. Sound like a plan?
@peavey (16856)
Yep, sounds like a plan to me! Once we get the goal set, it's a lot easier to meet, so it looks to me like you're well on your way by knowing just what you have to do. Good luck!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Like they say knowing is only half the battle. Still it's half the batlle I've already won. Now it's just setting my plan into action, which I've already done since I'm on here earning. I make about $200.00 a week if I'm lucky and i think I could save atleast $75.00 of it. 75*4 is 300 and after six months if I only saved that much I'd have $1800. Of course one dollar goes out of my checking to my savings everytime I use my debit card so that helps on savings as well, and then online earnings. I will have it saved up in no time, I know.
@peavey (16856)
It won't take long. Also, you should be getting a little in interest if you use a savings account. Keep us posted on your progress!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I do get a little bit in interest but not sure how much because I don't really look at the savings account. I do transfer money to my checking sometimes just so I can see more in checking if I'm about to make a bigger purchase. Usually I only transfer $15.00 to it. The savings account I have can only have $300.00 in it but that's because it's a special account. Everytime I use my debit card $1.00 goes into it. I may open another and put say $20.00 from each paycheck into the account and not touch it.
@Lakota12 (42684)
I am hoping with $3000 that you are planing on buying your own home! Thats escrow money and the way houses are now you might get a very good payment plan!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Oh no, this would be just so that I can get the apartmetn. I have to have atleast $3000 in savings to get an apartment I want. I couldn't afford a house right now.
@Lakota12 (42684)
we put up that much got the house and payment is only $524 a month
Three thousand for your own house? Because I think last time you were talking about an apartment? I'm behind in my e-mail notifications so you may very well have addressed this already and I haven't seen it.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
no no, I mean apartment when I say "place".
@GemmaR (8526)
One of the hardest thing about getting our own place is the fact that you have to have saved up that amount of money before you can even think about asking for a mortgage or anything like that. I am saving money at the moment, and I have recently changed my supermarket, and am saving £20 per week after doing this. If you shop around, you may find that you are able to do the same, and save enough to get hold of the money for the deposit that you need. Vouchers are an excellent idea as well, and there are lots of places that you can find them on the internet, which will save you money in your every day life.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I am a cashier at a grocery store so I know where to find the best coupons as all I have to do is ask my customers. I dont' do much shopping for myself anyway and can limit what I do spend on myself to nothing unless necessity / for the apartment. After I get this moped paid off my only obligation is $45.00 + the cost of gas which is fairly cheap. That's $45.00 a month and I'd say $2.00 a week from what I've heard a moped can run on so $53.00 only spent a month, + $1.00 going to way2save, a savings account of mine, it will add up quickly. I've done some figuring and think that I can most likely get this done within a month and a half though I'll be pushing myself by asking for more hours and doing what I can online.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hi SomeCowgirl, I think anyone who has made a goal for themselves have a great plan..If you set you mind to saving that $3000 dollars then I am sure you will reach that goal...It may not be as easy as it sounds but determination will certainly get you to your goal eventually. You are doing the right thing, buting in advance as you see items you wish to have in your own place, as long as you have some place to store your items.. Good luck to you in reaching your goal...
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
The storage will be a problem as I don't have much room here but I plan to do what I can and pack as I go. Go through clothes I can't or wont' wear and go ahead and give them away. Buy closet organizers and see what I can do with it. I will have very little space to deal with.
@WakeUpKitty (8706)
• Netherlands
Well at least you have a goal to work hard for and you know why you are saving for. This must it make easier to save, to make priorities (what to buy or not), to do for some time with less money or give up on some expenses you make now. To me your plan sounds great!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I don't spend very much a month anyway. I do have a moped purchase to make and getting safety gear for it but I can get that done and out of the way fairly soonish. After that, my only otehr expense would be a $46.00 cellphone payment, gas for the moped (which is very cheap) and then some groceries. I plan to do couponing for it, and buying items that can stretch a few weeks. My biggest challenge is finding time to be online to earn to help boost my monthly income.
@dodo19 (33326)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does sound like you have a good way of achieving your goals. Sometimes the number does sound like it may be challenging, but sometimes it's a lot easier to achieve than you may think.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
For me the number sounds about in the middle. It seems like it will be a bit of a challenge but at the same time I think if I keep my eye on the ball it will come faster then expected. Earning online will help me with a bit of it and I've already set some guidelines with that as well.
Sometimes those numbers sound challenging, but I am pretty certain you get there. I am not sure what expenses you have right now other than your phone, but those can get pricey. I am trying to pay off about $13,000 in debt asap. Enjoy working toward your goals. You can get nice furniture on freecycle as well.
@bounce58 (17524)
I guess the most important thing is you already have a goal. The rest would be easy (I think). You already know where the money would be coming from, so it's just a matter of getting more hours, so you could reach that target a lot quicker. And get your own place sooner. Goodluck!
That's alot of money to save. It is good that you are looking ahead and planning for the future. Alot of young people don't and then they have problems. Is this amount like a security deposit or what? It does sound like a plan and a very sound investment in your future.