I closed my facebook page

I had over 200 friends, and most of them I haven't seen in years and never speak to. I started to delete some, but then realised it would be easier just to delete my page. All my close friends have my phone number anyway. I will eventually start a new facebook page, and only add people I talk to regularly, and family, so I can show them photos of my kids. But mostly I was only using my facebook page for games. What do you use yours for?
The main reason that I use my facebook page is to keep in touch with family and friends and I also share a lot of my scrapbook pages on my facebook page as well because that is the best way to let those people that I care about see pictures of my children and my nieces as well. I will occasionally play some games on facebook, but I do find that I tend to get tired of them pretty quickly.
I do love to upload recent photos of my kids, but really, how many of my friends are interested? I might just set up a new account and only add people who matter.
I am also planning to do that, but i do not want to hurt them. Actually, i joined facebook to be able to communicate with my family, some of them are abroad and we can chat and video call through facebook. But i seldom communicate with some of my friends there and i wanted them deleted from my account. On second thoughts, it is also good that i am able to know how and where they are. Anyway, i will just let them there until the end of facebook
@sheen13 (567)
Hey... I had the same issue earlier. I had many and many friends with whom I wasn't even acquainted. I didn't know much about facebook when I first joined it. And I had joined only because I had seen my sister playing games( zombies , vampires, slayers, etc). And those games had really caught my eye. And after joining facebook, when I got unknown friend requests, I just kept accepting them. But then later on, when my friends started opening their accounts on facebook, we all became quite really familiar with every facebook activity. And now in my friend's list, I have only those people who I know, about 150 friends. I post on their walls, we usually wall post each other rather than chatting. But we don't wall post personal things alot. Hehe! I even enjoy playing games. Earlier my favourite games used to be pet society, restaurant city, farmville, etc. But now more games have come up. So, for now I'm playing bubble atlantis and the mindjolt games.
@Heixyin (175)
I'm not a frequent Facebook user. Thus, I only add and accept people I know. Moreover , I don't use my real name so, only close friends and family or thus who asked for my account would know. So yea. I'm more to face to face, then via Internet. Haha, I'm not the social networking guy then. If I were to add a lot of people, my motive would be just chattingxD I would interect with everyone, the public. Introduce and share stuffs and things I like and find useful. More like discussions then chatting. Sharing good quote and philosophy. I don't do it for any social networking site except twitter. Haha. Maybe you can consider social networking in the endxD so yea
@Court33 (34)
I use my Facebook for getting samples, coupons, sometimes chat with friends, and playing games! (But the only game I do play is Frontierville) At this point I could not see myself deleting mine! Thanks for sharing
I choose not to close my page, although I am not talk to all of them regularly. My facebook page contain many my old friends, which are I do not have their cell phone number. But I like to hear their condition. Moreover, I have several foreign friends and friends that work abroad. It is more convenience to contact them through facebook, instead of send short message and call.
@lilaclady (28270)
I have often thought of doing the same but I do play a lot of the games and I wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings by cutting them off, so I guess I will just plod along..