Every Port.. Report???

Friends... How many percent is this true for seamen? I used to have a boyfriend who was a seaman. I had to give him up because an old friend of mine blurted out that my boyfriend has been hanging out with a girl he met on the ship. I can feel the distance anyway. I understand the plight of overseas contract workers as they are almost always lonely and longing for home. Can you blame some seafarers ending up with a different partner in every port that they stop by?
@tigeraunt (6331)
my sister works in a cruise ship and she is most of the time in the sea. she tells that men on the ship really get unfaithful (this goes for most married men) and the hard part is if they fall in love with the new girl and forget about the family that was left at home. i guess that is the saddest part. ann
@tigeraunt (6331)
i guess they get lonely and bored. then try to play around and then like fish, they get hooked. haha
@flapiz (7007)
Yeah a lot of seafarers are unfortunately reporting to every port. Well we can't blame them, it must be so lonely for them since they are almost always on the boat. Anyway it's their problem if ever they contract STDs. But we shouldn't generalize them because not all seafarers are that way. For instance the opposite happens. Sometimes their wives cheat on them while they are working hard to support them. The bottom line is: People are people. Everybody can cheat and everybody can be cheated. So we must be ready for the shock and after effects.
Right you are Flapiz. It can also happen the other way around; while husband stay faithful and true, his wife hangs out with the neighbours! Bad.
@enelym001 (8333)
My dad is a seamen. I grew up hearing him talk about his colleagues having different girlfriends. Some of them got crazy over those girls they meet in any parts of the world. And even when the ship moves to a new place, some of those guys are sending money to those girls. Some have broken marriages because of doing such thing. I am glad that my dad, according to him we don't really know if he's not lying - but I do think he is a responsible father and husband to my mom.... am glad that he used to say he would not do as those guys do;. He said for him money is important and he would not waste a penny to those girls. He needed to provide for us - 3 kids and my mom. So he said it is useless having girls whom you don't even know whether they're clean or not. So if you ask the percentage - maybe it is 95%
95%???!!! oh my goodness gracious!
Neverblame seamen for what they do in their work.thats there will.u know that lonesome is much with them in the since that they are always in the sea.so give them chance to have fun sometimes and do some happiness in life.Anyway he will go back to u and makes u feel satify ever after..
@doryvien (2293)
I've heard this many times and I find it funny, but I think there is some truth to it. I have friends who are married to seamen and it's quite common for them to feel insecure when their husbands are on board. While some may succumb to temptation, I'd like to believe that most of them choose to be faithful to their wives. Besides, they know they are exposed to deadly viruses like HIV and STD when engaging in this activity, which should make them think again whenever they feel the 'urge'.