Microscopic buttons are becoming the standard now why?

@apples99 (6564)
Just got a new cellphone it's pretty nice got a good deal on it since it was on sale it's much better then my old cellphone, my old one is a real tragedy of a phone lol boy was that one a mass that thing is I was barely able to make any calls on my old phone due to various reasons not worth explaining I'm so glad that I was able to update to a better phone but gee! the buttons are extremely small lol I don't understand why are most new cellphones are made with such tiny buttons, I mean the buttons are so small that you'll be lucky to press the right one during a call or text, and don't get me started about the little symbols on top of the buttons/keys Can't they make a good cellphone small in other areas but still make them with nice size keys, of course I'm sure they do make cellulars with good size buttons, but I don't see those sort of cellphones too often these days oh well yay for my new phone small issue I guess compared to the issues the old one has haha. Why do you think they make cellphone with such small buttons if they can make them with bigger key?
@JenInTN (27564)
I think that it is a sad thing that the smaller the things we use, the smaller the darn buttons are. They might have to make them a remote before long just so we can use them.
@apples99 (6564)
Yeah because sometimes I feel like getting out my magnifying glass just to see if I'm typing in the correct option LOL.
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
There seems to be a 3 basic designs now when it comes to phones, one with touch screens that has no buttons, one with basic buttons and one with a miniature keyboard attached to the phone. The problem with choosing a phone also involves the price so, many times someone will choose one that is on sale and then not like the phone. I have one with a touch screen, it is light, handy easy to use but if I forget to lock the screen - which I have done - and put it in my pocket, I have dialled numbers without knowing it. There are phones with extra large numbers, normally marketed for older clients, but these phones tend to be very simple - no camera or basically any feature. The phones with the miniature keyboards though practical are annoying - at least for me - to use, when I bought mine there were three models I was interested in and one had the mini keyboard, I tried it out and couldn't get the hang of it. I hope you get used to the small buttons and with practice and time probably won't even notice the button size. I hope you enjoy your new phone though.
@apples99 (6564)
Mmm yeah interesting points I've heard of the phones that are marketed to the elderly, but you know what they should consider making a smart phone with slightly larger buttons because I think younger people will appreciate bigger keys also Lol I was also thinking about what you said about forgetting to set your key lock feature and your phone dials in your pocket whoops I think my phone has an automatic key lock option so hopefully it won't dial by itself haha I'll take your advice and practice occasionally so I will get the hang of the super tiny keys thanks for dropping into this little topic and sharing your thoughts and becarefull of that pocket dialing.
I also feel that they are making the cellphones smaller and smaller in size currently. As you said, it is so difficult to press the right buttons due to their size. I guess the companies are making the cellphone size smaller so that they are easier to handle and carry around. I feel that they are comprimising one thing for the other. The ease of use is getting worse while they decrease the size
@Rick1950 (1577)
• Lima, Peru
I'm not sure why they are making the cellphones smaller. At the beginning they were too big, but now it seems that they are too small. I think, they want that the people can carry them easily. Therefore, they make them smaller. Moreover, there are today the new tablets, and these are not so small. I see them bigger.
The human living now in our Models like Passion not tradition, they like stylish only to express theirself with other. So now the trend is micro buttons and the Touch Screen this is the Reason i think for the Micro buttons on cell phone. I really accepting this is really difficult to working with Mobile.