Indian Skybox

To my indian mylotters. I have a question for you... Are you familiar with a skybox??? Is there any courier service in India that offers a skybox? To those who dont know what a skybox is, it is a "courier based" service wherein an indian outsider may order indian goods over an indian website and have those goods dumped in a storage box which we would call the "skybox". The outsider is allowed 30 days to have that "skybox" filled up with his online purchases. The outsider would endorse the courier's address as his shipping address but under his name. The courier would then consolidate all his purchases and on the 30th day, the courier will finally ship the skybox via cargo. Is this kind of service available in India?
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Graceekwenx No. I dont think we have that kind of services anywhere. Not sure, but when I was trying to have a business for me, in 1999-2001 - wherein I was to ship handmade craft items and handmade clothes (both from orphans, differently abled people and old age people), this was one main concern. As those days such services were not available, I had to contact an agent in a few countries I wanted to ship to. The format (though at those olden days) was - I was to get the clients orders, store all the requirements until 20th and on each 20th I would dispatch the package to the Agent in that country. Now, it was just a theoretical plan as the business never succeeded (I realized during this that I wasnt much aware of business and also I wasnt made for it) and I gave up finding contacts and agents.
Awww this is such a sorry fate. Indian forwarders need to be more innovative for this kind of stuff. In fact, the agent wont need to act much, all he has to do is wait till all the purchases of the online customer arrives and then ship it via cargo. If i may ask, does your cargo service accept orders from individuals or do they accept only from companies?
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
The cargo companies will accept orders from anyone. There are two main categories of Cargo companies existing here - Local(or better Domestic - these operate and deliver only within the country and even some only within the state - affordable and economical prices) and International (like DHL or Blue Dart)- Their charges are much higher and they deliver anywhere - locally or even Internationally. Then there is the Indian Postal and Cargo Services - this is run by the National Government - economical but too slow - you cannot be sure when they will deliver. In 2007 we did send a Parcel of Legal Documents to our Boss in Australia - It never got delivered and was returned back to us after 8 long months. The next time we re-send them via Blue Dart and it got delivered within 15 days. And when he send them back via the same Blue Dart, we received it within 72 hours. The financial difference - Indian Post Services cost us 1/5th of what Blue Dart Charged. Hope this helps.
• Kottayam, India
you can try www.gati.com
@thesids (22453)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I believe Gati is just an ordinary shipping thing like the normal couriers though it provides International Services too.