Have you eaten anything that you shouldn't as a child?

@chiyosan (29383)
Philippines
February 10, 2012 8:31am CST
Just a while ago my friends and i was talking about childhood memories, and someone just admitted that during his younger days - he has accidentally eaten clay doh! and well nothing bad happened to him, though(thank God). but then he also said he also tried to eat vicks vaporub! whoa! and we were shocked, how come he was not supervised, or something. hehe but of course he said nothing happened and he reallyy though that we cann eat mentorubs. This made me think, if i have eaten something i should not have... haha but thank God i could not think of any... and well, i guess sometimes i nibble on my pen, or pencil... but never actually swallowed something. How about you? care to share anything that you remember you did put in your mouth as a kid/toddler?
2 people like this
9 responses
@bounce58 (17526)
• Canada
10 Feb 12
The only thing I could remember taking, which I wasn't supposed to was oil. I had a habit of just grabbing anything in the cuboard or the fridge when I was a kid and just chug it down without using a cup. I once grabbed a bottle thinking it was juice. I already drank a lot before I noticed that it was oil that I was drinking.
1 person likes this
@chiyosan (29383)
• Philippines
13 Feb 12
hi there bounce, thank you for your response! :D what kind of oil is this, i sure hope it was cooking oul... but im glad you were ok. and realized it wasn't juice that you were drinking.
• India
10 Feb 12
When i am a kid, I always having the habit of my fingers on mouth in all time when i alone. This not in my memorie my Parents telling i am doing always i alone. So that i haun't any chance to do that. It's not Good to all. Some time it's take serious Problem. So Parents need to take care with this one.
1 person likes this
@chiyosan (29383)
• Philippines
16 Jan 13
Thank you for your time to reply to the discussion. appreciate your effort in this. have a great day and see you around the site! :)
@sayo13 (414)
• India
10 Feb 12
well you discussion really took me to old good days of my childhood. but as far as i remember i was an obedient daughter. i used to think of eating many things which that time i found appealing but then i was really scared of my mom's scoldings.
1 person likes this
@megamatt (14331)
• United States
12 Feb 12
Oh, I'm sure I did. Crayons come to mind for sure. For the record, the blue ones are high in fiber. :) Also I'm sure that when we are children, we tend to really try and eat a lot of things. Thankfully it was nothing that was too dangerous to say the very least. Well other than a rather unfortunate and nasty bowel movement, but that's just small potatoes. I'm sure I learned what mud tasted like. And cardboard as well. What we think as children is rather going to be something that is really just going to really just amuse me to say the very least. Well its kind of amusing, unless it is deadly. Of course, I look back and rather cringe, but hey, that is just what tends to happen. So young and naive and trusting during those days.
@chiyosan (29383)
• Philippines
16 Jan 13
oh, i think i have tasted crayons and play dohs as well. :D he he Thank you for your time to reply to the discussion. appreciate your effort in this. have a great day and see you around the site! :)
@secretbear (19466)
• Philippines
12 Feb 12
I have a friend who told me they used to chew on paper when they were grade schoolers. I don't remember myself eating weird stuff but I do remember me and sister eating the fruit of tuba which was actually poisonous and we were just thankful that we puked all of it and didn't have to go to the hospital.
@chiyosan (29383)
• Philippines
16 Jan 13
Its great to have you in the discussion, thank you for taking time to respond, appreciate your inputs herewith. See you around, and happy mylotting! Cheers! d=)
@maezee (32260)
• United States
11 Feb 12
I remember for a while when I was 5 I would eat cat food. And I actually kind of liked the taste..It was very salty. Until my mom caught me one day and got super duper angry at me. .
@chiyosan (29383)
• Philippines
16 Jan 13
Hello there! thanks for your time in your response to the discussion. appreciate your sharing this to us... hope to see you around and have a happy mylotting day!
@tatzkie23 (773)
• Philippines
11 Feb 12
I remembered eating dog meat before. I didn't know it was a dog meat, i was only a child and they didn't tell me that it was a dog. I thought it was a chicken!!!!!! I only knew that it was a dog when i finished eating it. I even said it was delicious. Since then, i always check what food i eat. LOL. Those are funny accidents, good thing nothing nothing happens to them. But i feel bad for those children, who accidentally, drink gasoline or some chemicals that are scattered around the houses. I remembered we had a patient, he was a child, He accidentally drunk a bottle of gasoline. His father is to blame, because he put the gasoline in a drinking bottle container. Since he was a child, he didn't know it was gasoline, so he drank it. Good thing he was saved, but very ill. His body turned brown to black. His system has absorbed some of the gasoline content.
@chiyosan (29383)
• Philippines
16 Jan 13
oh my! i think that is something i think that would worry me much if i have been the one that ate a dog meat!! noooo way i'd rather not know!
10 Feb 12
Well I'm not sure if this counts but I swallowed a quarter once Lol. I was in 2nd grade and my mother told me to stop playing around with it in my mouth (pause) but I did it any way. I didn't choke but it did hurt.
@chiyosan (29383)
• Philippines
13 Feb 12
hi vision... and i sure hope that after you swallowed the quarter it still went out... he he thank you for your participation in the discussion. we really sometimes do not listen and well it sure did make us remember to somehow just listen as it is better. hehe
• United States
10 Feb 12
I ate playdoh in my kindergarden class everyday. i loved eating it because it tastes salty and i love salt. I looked forward to school everyday just to eat this treat. lol