Do you speak to your parents everyday?

My mother just called because she has not heard from me. I been in this house just enjoying the peace and quiet. I was just waking up from my nap when she called. I am doing fine just napping and spending time with my daughter. When things are going this good you want to enjoy it. I am just thinking hard about if I should move or not. I am just dreading packing and moving all over again. Plus I have moved for so many reasons I just want to live one place for a few years. One reason I want to move is no matter how much I clean,spray and gel this place I am not getting rid of these roaches. They are crawling on all my stuff in the kitchen and it gets me crazy. I will be calling my mother in a while to have a chat with her. She must think something is wrong with me. But,it is just that for once in my life I feel good about living..
@jazzyrae (1747)
I am glad you are happy right now. I talk to my mom when I can she dose not like my boyfriend or the fact that we are living together. We just started speaking Christmas time. Roaches are hard to get rid of I would suggest a move whatever you chose I hope you will be happy
My landlord and I have been treating this place for so long now. I will buy some bombs in the spring time and stay out all day till they get killed.
@ajalitus (127)
I don't communicate with my parents on a daily basis. I'm in college and the work can be overwhelming at times so I don't always have the time. Some people tell me to make time for communication but my parents wouldn't entirely agree. We talk every once in a while, but focusing in college is more important.
I think before bed you can call your parents and at least say you love them.
I am on the phone with my Mom right now. I don't talk to her everyday anymore because we are 1500 miles apart. But we do talk about 3 times a week. When we lived together or in the same city and town we talked daily and we saw each other 3-4 times a week. It is rough on both of us now because we are close and can't do things together anymore like we used to. Not crazy about packing? Take it from me it is not fun. I am currently in the midst of moving again. This will be our 54th move. When you get to that many moves you will know what not liking packing is really all about. I could not, no way live with bugs. I would be out of there if an exterminator couldn't help. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing they were around and especially in my kitchen. That is a health hazard. Hope you get out soon and enjoy the chat with your Mom!
When my daughter moves out I am going to get a few cans of bombs and spray and treat this place again. It would be a waste now because she will leave food here or there and they would come back. Right no she is keeping it all clean but who knows how long that will last.
Well about your roach infestation have you even called a pest control company out there to take a look at it? Have you told your landlord if you are renting the place and i assume you are renting it. There has to be something you can do to get rid of them without having to move too they might have to bomp the place as well without you being there for a day or two but theny ou can take a nice weekend vacation or something LOL. Well i would not be living even if i saw one roach LOL. Well you should talk to your mom and just let her know how you are feeling and how things are going withyour life and explain everything to her so she knows how her daughter is feeliing and im sure she is worried about you. I speak to my parents everyday only because i live with them still.
Both the landlord and I have treated this place for roaches. I don't know what else to do but to bomb again in the spring time after my daughter moves out. I wish their were some traps I could set out in my kitchen for them.
@hunibani (720)
I talked to my mama everyday, and I see her everyday. And I am glad I am seeing her and talking to her. I love my mama a lot ! :) Treasure and give them attention while they are still there.
bThat is how i feel being i know so many people who lost a mother already. I lost my dad and would like to always to in touch with my mom.
@ankit_620 (496)
No, not much.I am the kind of the person who like be all by himself.Well there hasn't been a day where i didn't even speak a word with them but there are days when i don't speak much to them.It isn't only with my parents but also my other family members.I have been told that I have been a silent type since my childhood.As things have been the same for me and my parents from starting so it doesn't bother me or them much.We accept things as they are as long as we love each other.
There is nothing wrong with that either. I like to talk to my mom everyday or night.
@MandaLee (3695)
Hi, I am very blessed to live with my wonderful Mom and most awesome stepfather. I am thankful that I can talk with them anytime. I am so glad you are feeling better!
• Marion, Kansas
My only parent left is my dad. I try to go see him every month. He e mails me, or he calls me, but usually misses me on the phone. My new work schedule is so weird. I think moving because of the roaches might be a good thing to do to make you feel good. When you pack up everything, though, do something to kill and roaches or eggs you may take with you. Treat the new place before you ever move in, as well. See if you can go view the new place at odd times of the day and look for bugs.
If i ever had a line to heaven i'd call my mom there! Sometimes i wish they were still alive. I would definitely be calling them everyday and meeting them every weekends. Telling them every single problem i'm going through and blubbering about my son's achievement in school. I wish i could hear them respond to me and tell me what to do.
@asliah (11149)
hi, actually we only use one mobile network to communicate,so that we can still talk to each other and also to send messages even we are far to each other,because communication will make our distance shortly.i loved to talk with my parents because i always miss them.
@jureathome (5363)
From the time I left home to be with my husband in our new house, I used to call my mother or send a text message to check on them and give updates. But, lately, we haven't been talking very often. It's sad because we had minor differences due to my brother. I do hope, one day, everything gets resolved. My mother is very special to me and I can't imagine living my life without her.
Yes, I do we live live in just one roof. And my mother has just retired from work so she'll just be at home everyday with me. My dad sometimes goes out-of-town every after a few weeks but he still keeps in touch whenever he's away.
@sacmom (14336)
No, I don't. I speak to my dad twice a year. I make it a habit to call him on his birthday and on Christmas. I tend to call my mom a bit more often, although since I started working (outside the home) I've been calling her less and less. I don't mean to let it lapse, it's just between work, hubby and the kids, I don't seem to have time to do much anything else. I haven't even been mylotting very much lately (but that of course if for a different discussion). Anyway, my parents are just as guilty as I am. They hardly ever call me either! LOL Happy mylotting!
@inertia4 (26786)
Roaches are very hard to get rid of. And I understand how you feel about moving. It's not that you don't want to, it is just a royal pain in the butt. Enjoy your quiet time and conversation with your mother. I speak to my mother and father every single day.
@lilybug (21182)
I talk with my parents once every few weeks lately. Some weeks I will talk to them a few times. They live 100 miles away, so I don't see them often. Phone calls are the only way I have contact with them most of the time.
I didn't even move out of my mother's house until I was almost 28 years old and for that reason I have spent the vast majority of my life being in constant contact with her. In the three years that I've lived away from her, I don't always talk to her every day, but I do talk to her nearly every day. I think that the reason that I talk to my mother so much is because of the fact that my father passed away when I was a teenager and having that happen in my life has made the two of us a lot closer than we would have been otherwise.
@yanzalong (9715)
The last time I lived with my parents were in 1992. Since then on I moved to my own house with my wife but communications between my mom and me still continue. Sometimes I drop by on weekend because everytime I want to go to the shopping mall, I pass the street not far from my mom's house.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I usually speak to my Mom once a week and that's enough for me. If I have something to tell her - good news, something about the kids, Dr's updates - I call her more than that. Once a week is enough for me. My mom and grandmother use to talk every day for at least 30 minutes and they'd call each other on days they saw each other!
Well, that's good, that you feel good about living. We all should. Moving sucks but sometimes you just have to do it. I don't talk to my parents every day, even though I still live with my dad. We have WAY different schedules and never seem to cross paths that often. And I probably talk my mom twice a week, and see her like once a week, even though she lives less than a mile from me...
not much...me and my parents have a gap..maybe because of their work..my mother is a high school teacher and assign in a far area..she leaved our house early and came home late while my father is a bus inspector and assign also in another place... that's why we didn't talk too much about my daily activities....well its really hard if your parents is not close to you...sometimes i just wish that my mother is just a simple wife who care much for her children because that is what i see to my friends..i want my mom to be my best friend..