Where is our patience?

@didi13 (2927)
Romania
I look around me and notice the world that is struggling. Struggling in agony black because simply can not wait. Not have the patience required to wait in line, waiting for the bus or waiting at traffic lights to be green. They sit and beat the feet, looking through the window of the oven and count the seconds. We can not expect our elderly parents to complete sentences because they say too often. We do not have the patience to explain new technology that we consider too slow. We do not want to wait for true love because it is too painful and long wait. It seems too much an hour to cook a meal, wash the washing machine too slowly, we want cars that go as high speed and planes with as few stops. Just read the titles of books and billboards. We do not have the patience to write properly, so we shorten it. Where will we go? I was determined. I do not get enough of waiting. Why live in the century of speed, while indulging in every moment and hour? Why should I disturb the bus was delayed five minutes? Can see the world, analyze their behavior. Why should I upset that wait in line at home? Can connect a conversation with unknown world. Why should I expect after complaining that the right person? No. I will not get tired of waiting now. However you have to give up other things that wait, I stop. Yes. I have to wait.
@acey76 (1278)
yeah..I know sometimes situation may frustrate and annoy us, but we shouldn't be stop by that situation we have to look forward and see things at the brighter side. I may be imperfect but I'm trying myself not to be angry at all times and take things lightly for us not to be stressed.Dreams and goals are not achieve all at once, it takes determination, courage and perseverance.
@didi13 (2927)
Yes, I firmly believe that should also learn today, especially, we (re) gain lost patience. Learning to understand that although we live in was flourishing progress, there are things that require intricate and time a flock of other related things that can not be solved just with one, two, how us slender fingers slapped. That is very important to know and wait longer, because there is this strange world for each one at each end of a road littered with plenty of all, great love, a fulfilling round, tasty slices of fluffy happiness which you will never show if you rush choosing to immerse one lonely in a sea of bitter deception. Thanks for response.
@polaris77 (2028)
• Bacau, Romania
Unfortunately,we live in a world in which almost everything needs to be done in a rush if we want to fulfill all our duties towards ourselves,family and society,we rarely have them to relax and enjoy walking in the park,sitting on a bench,admiring flowers and so on.We've become so used to this increasingly fast rhythm of life that most of us don't realize how stressful this existence imposed on us by a world changing at an incredible pace is,and how damage it does to us both mentally and physically.That's why waiting for more than a few minutes in a line seems an eternity,and every activity which takes us longer than we anticipated becomes another source of stress for us,but I guess it is in our power to change ourselves,to try to take things easier and learn how to relax from time to time.It's all in our brain and with enough mental strength we can do it,we can wait without getting annoyed and accept the fact that we have to give up on some things so as to enjoy life again.It's not that difficult,I'm sure about that,it all depends on ourselves.
@didi13 (2927)
A wonderful response. Today, technology enables us to instantly get a bunch of things: communication, different things we cherish, but others may be futile, but which make life easier. In the era of speed, you can do so much in the big hurry, there is need of patience? Well, yes, patience is an essential element in life, at any time and in any activity, whether we like it or not. Otherwise we turn into barrels of powder, ready to explode at any time. Not just a nice view, huh? Yes,all depends on ourselves. Thanks for response.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi didi Another great discussion dear. Today, I dont get that busy. I stay at home, nowhere to go. I work from home and that does save me time, I stay cool and patient not worrying about the quickies. They call me lazy and I dont care. I am happy I have time for myself, a brain and heart to think good, an illness that keeps me at home where I can read, enjoy being the kid and do things that I could never have done if I was healthy and leading a professional life. When I fell ill, I felt it was the end of world for me, but today, I am thankful to have this illness and do things that I always wanted to do. So what if I dont have a regular job, dont earn to get rich, I still am richer than many as I have earned Knowledge, friends and can afford being a Kid.
@didi13 (2927)
Hi thesids, What can I say than that, with patience is enriching, with patience - knowledge, with patience shall enriching, the man who works. Thanks for response.
That's true specially if you live and work in the metropolis or city. Everyone seems to be always rushing to work and going home in the afternoon. I envy those people in the rural areas, whenever i pass by them in a bus going to my parents' house. People are sometimes huddled by the road side, simply watching people go by. And when i arrive at my parents house they too are complacent and relax, hence i too, would be. It's a nice feeling whenever i do that on some weekends. But meanwhile, on weekdays, i have to rush in going to work and in going home, so i could have plenty of rest with my husband.
what I can say is "I agree with you." now, people are always living without patience. for myself, I always count seconds when I am doing or waiting things. seeing this topic, I decided to change my mind and with patience to do things better.
@yanzalong (10151)
If you can control your emotion, you can be patient in anything like waiting for a train to show up, queuing, waiting at the traffic light, and so on. All these can be handled successfully with controlled emotion.
@megamatt (14331)
I think that there are just a lot of people who feel frustrated when things do not really go right as planned to say the very least. I think that is why people are trying to find new ways to get everything done quicker. The pace of everything is just not to their tastes. It is just going to be a bit too slow for their liking to say the least. Then again, there are going to be times where we take a bit too much on. Therefore, that is going to cause a lot of impatience. There are just going to be a lot of times where people just bite off a bit more than they can chew. And it really does contribute to a great deal of their discomfort and their frustration to say the very least. Sometimes a bit of patience can really cause us to not to lose our minds.
@Bluedoll (17069)
One telegram found on ground addressed to my dear love I want to say something STOP Forgive me every line costs money STOP I went to city to find work STOP They tell me to get education STOP I went to school because they are lending money so I can go and improve. STOP They said not too long STOP I went to find my place STOP Someone took my place STOP I left to find work STOP Someone took my place again STOP Now someone has taken my place to live STOP I am too depressed now to look STOP Everyone is in a hurry why? STOP Someone told me you moved on STOP I wish you well and have to go too STOP The man said my time is up STOP Sorry it took so long STOP
@Ernnesto (180)
• Slovak Republic
I sad it really true. The biggest problem of our world is that we do not want to wait for anything. We are loosing a patience, and want to have everything now. Patience is a miracle, which teach us how to live, and if you really want something, you have to wait. That is also why we have crisis now, people were missing a patience, they wanted to be rich within one day. And now we can see a results of this behavior.