Scarlett - A sequel of Gone With the Wind

@mimiang (3777)
I read this novel a second time and the magic of Rhett Butler and Scarlet O' Hara never fails to mesmerize me. It makes me feel good about my lost love and somehow make me dream and hope once more. It continues a saga that was left hanging. The Gone with the Wind novel seemed left unfinished and the Scarlett gave a superb finishing although it haunted me why the Irish people were described here as superstitious and ungrateful. I just hope that Alexandra Ripley gave a better story that would make the Irish look better in this. I saw the mini-series that was made in the 90's and the writers made a better story . At least, the mini-series did not dwell on the Irish. Instead, it just revolved around the main characters and how they became reconciled without placing people in bad light
hello mimiang! gone with the wind is one of my favorite novels...the book is much better than the movie, and i have just recently re-read it...i also read scarlett, and like you i was happy to see scarlett and rhett reunited and with a lovely child, and in ireland, where i think they belong! i would love to re-read it now but i haven't been able to find my copy yet...i may have to get it at the library! i haven't seen the scarlett movie, and i would love to...did you like that movie better than gone with the wind? it is really great to meet another fan!
@mimiang (3777)
Hi, psychoartist!!Nice seeing someone like you here. I read the three novels many times now. Gone with the Wind is Gone with the Wind. It is remarkable and no remakes might equal. The Scarlett TV series is much better than the book. I love watching it over and over again. I just wish that it is a real story- as in a real life story. Nevertheless, it is nice to ponder .They are movies and books that could make you feel good
@lilaclady (28245)
it is a great movie and I have seen it a few times, it is a real classic but I have always thought the movie "Raintree County" with Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Clift in it to be a better movie, it is along the same story line but better I think.
@mimiang (3777)
I will look for that movie. Thanks for telling me. Elizabeth Taylor is a favorite of mine