zoren legazpi is called tatay

It’s amazing and humbling that at a privileged status of Carmina and Zoren, their children calls them “tatay” and “nanay”. AT today’s standards almost everybody calls their parents “mommy” and “daddy”, the English endearment for mother and father. Well, me and my husband also lets our daughter call us Mama and Papa. I feel that there is no hypocrisy when she calls us that, because “mommy” and “daddy” seems to be attached to being affluent or having more in life. It feels good to be simple even in how we are called by our children. And I am touched that Carmina and Zoren seems to be so humble.
@laniekins (4585)
I salute the parents for that, I've heard that the kids also helps in household chores like washing the dishes. I just wish that they decide once and for all the tie the knot, I've heard they are having issues over religion, they should sit and talk about that, they think that they are complete, but they still needs the blessing of the God towards their relationship.
I agree my friend. Even if they are already so stable and close as a family, they should really find time to decide in getting married. So it's religion that's hindering them. I think Zoren is an Iglesia?
@laniekins (4585)
It was brought out on an interview but Carmina denies the religion issue but I guess that's the real issue. As far as I know, they can continue with their respective religion if getting married the problem with Catholic is they don't accept a couple to wed if not both Catholic. I guess they just need to talk about that seriously, I dislike Carmina's statement that there is nothing missing in their life right now, you are only seeking if someone is missing, what they don't realize is that they missing the biggest part of having a family is marriage, that they vow right in front of the lord. For me I strictly believe in wedding more than living together without marriage.
We are on the same boat about marriage being important in family life. I think, Carmina is already a born again Christian . Though as far as i have observed even Born Again Christians have their weddings. Maybe she was traumatized of being married, such as what happened to Rustom , so she's taking her time.
Hmmm....I thought that it's the other way around...that the term "mama" and "papa" are for the more privileged families. Wasn't it that filipinos of Spanish-descent (during Rizal's time) refer to their mothers and fathers as such? Oh well, I guess you will have to start an entirely different discussion for that. As for Zoren and Carmina...yes, you are right...the way their kids call them is endearing.
Well, i think the term Mama and Papa did emanated from the Spaniards. But theirs has a heavy accent or "maragsa" tone so its the one that connotes a high status in life. But the one with a "malambing" tone is the one that is so heart warming.
So it's the more "pinoy" tone that sets the difference. Is that documented? Or did you just make that up? Hehehe! Just kidding around with you. You know, I'll take your word for it.
Actually, i based it from those rich people i know of from long ago and from the movies in which rich families calling their parents Mama and Papa with the authoritative accent. So, whenever i hear someone calling their parents Mama and Papa in that tone, i have the impression that their family is rich.
@airamtheb (370)
I am still single and the only unmarried among my family's siblings. My married sisters and brothers who have kids have children who call them mama and papa, daddy and mommy. Since our family is closely knit, our nephews and nieces call their uncles and aunts papa or daddy and mama or mommy too depending how they are being called by their own children. Being the only unmarried and the eldest among my siblings, I have decided that all my nephews and nieces would call me Nanay though oftentimes, I would automatically be thought of to be the kids mother who usually tagged around with me. They also call my boyfriend Tatay and we are a reel family every time we go out together.
Wow, that was nice of you for allowing them to be called Nanay, even if you are still single. Maybe you are already practicing how it is to have kids. My daughter sometimes would also text me as Nanay, because i would always call her anak. It seems to give me a nice feeling when i am called that. I find Nanay and Tatay as so endearing, next to Mama and Papa.
Indeed, Nanay and Tatay are very endearing that it also reflects one's humbleness over life's simplicity.
Indeed my friend!
My mom called her parents Mommy and Daddy, but she made us call them Nanay and Tatay. My son calls me Nanay and i can't imagine him calling me Mommy unless we are in an American environment. For me to be called nanay or tatay is more meaningful than to be called otherwise. My cousins who are the elites in the family even made their children call them Nanay and Tatay.
Yes, Toni Nanay and Tatay seems so endearing indeed. My daughter sometimes calls me that when she texts. And i like the feeling of being called that. It's so humbling.
@jlamela (4909)
It's only now that I know Zoren and Carmina let their children called them tatay and nanay and that's very nice because it only means that this couple raised their kids in a very typical Filipino upbringing. When I become a mother myself, I would let my children call me mama also, because it is more sweet and very personal to hear.
Yes, and in my opinion in that way of calling them, they are indeed raising them in a typical Filipino upbringing. It's very humble of them, to be that way. Mama too, is also a sweet way of being called by your children.
@Genericbe (1378)
In the celebrity family today, this family had served themselves as a good model..The couples are not yet married legally but you can see how they aspire and improving their family to be a model one.. The couple are trying themselves to separate their public figure personality from being a private and simple family.. They even, let themselves be civil and just like any standard and normal family do have.. The good side of them is they are humbly doing their own roles being a couple and raising a family. They only shows that no matter how public personalities they are, still they are living a normal life and secure the future of their family, the growth and independence.
That's why i love Zoren and Carmina. They seem to be so hands on in taking care and raising up their children. Thus, their children seemed so close yet so respectful of them as parents. No wonder, their family has a new endorsement again, which i saw last night. I just cannot remember what it is though.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
We used to call our grandparents nanay and tatay, mama and papa to our aunties and uncles then mommy and daddy or sometimes mee or dee to our parents. I do find children calling their parents as nanay and tatay sweet and dearer. SO if I have kids in the near future I wanted them to call me tatay and nanay for my wife.
Calling our parents nanay and tatay , is after all maybe for the Filipinos only because it's a Filipino term for them. Though, i really am touched whenever i hear someone calling their parents that. It seems that they are really so much endearing to their parents. But i grew up calling my parents mama and papa so we also let our daughter call us that. I really love being called mama by our daughter, and my pamangkins as Mama Din.
@beamer88 (4268)
It is indeed pleasant to hear children calling their parents in our native tongue. Not many children do that. But I had never once thought that it's a humble act as compared to being called mommy or daddy. I mean, I think even those who call their parents mom and dad can be as humble as those who call them tatay or nanay. I have a close friend whose dad is a governor and his brother is a representative, but he still rides a jeep and a tricycle to go to school, but he calls his parents papa and mama still.
Yes, that's what i call being humble beamer. The fact that you are already affluent in life, doesn't make you conform to the high standards of living that it could give you. I don't exactly generalize, because there are indeed Filipino families who calls their parents mom and dad , but still they are indeed humble. But there are some who really would call their parents mommy and daddy from their former itay and inay , just when they become richer in life. That, i relate to conforming with the status in life, unlike the family of Zoren and Carmina .