The skin on my face is peeling

Ok I am so tired of my skin. Not only with the acne but the skin on my face is peeling and it drives me nuts. If I put makeup on it just flakes off and looks terrible. In order to cover up the acne I have to wear makeup so its pretty frustrating. Right now my skin is very sore from the peeling. I looked online to see about this and it can be from various different things. I am going to try putting hydrocortizone on it and see if that helps. If it doesnt improve soon I will probably have to go see a dermatologist who might be able to give me a cream that might work to stop this or at least tell me if its something causing it like psorasis or something.
My skin is like that too. It seems that certain areas on my face will get dry and a little flaky. If I out liquid foundation on my skin seems very dry and then you can see the skin peeling in tiny pieces. What I try to do is use a moisturizer at night and in the morning. And before putting on a liquid foundation I use a primer. Powder foundation is fine for me to use and it doesn't make me peel. I feel your pain though, my pimple creams and face washes dry out my skin and makes it get peely
Thats exactly hw mine is. Its mainly on my nose and chin but its also around my mouth and forehead a little to. When I put on the liquid makeup to cover my acne and scars and pores and put the power over it you can see all the dry spots and the makeup flakes off. Its awful. I've used special lotions for sensitive skin and none have worked. I used hydrocortizone cream twice now. It seems to make my skin feel better. I ran out of it so I have to get more at the store tomorrow. Hopefully this will work for me.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I have pitiopsorasis or I do at times. It's caused by stress and is red blotches that peel around it. Hydrocortisone creme does work for that so hopefully it will for you. I use Nivea face and body cream and it makes my face very smooth. To get rid of the acn get a bar of just plain dove soap, and use it as a mask. For some reason that brand of soap is very good for clearing up acne. I had some around my mouth a few years ago, well it was actually rash bumps from stubble, but it cleared up really fast, it also moisturizes the skin.
When I was at walmart yesterday I picked up a fresh tube of hydrocortizone cream for 88 cents. Before I went to bed last night I put it on my face even in the spots that are not dry and peeling. Today after my shower this morning I slathered it on my face and then put my makeup over it a few hours later. I have to say I can already see a difference. There was no peeling on my nose at all like there has been for the past few months. I am going to take a shower soon and then put more hydrocortizone cream on it after that before going to bed.
@inertia4 (27713)
What I would do is get my thyroid checked out. With thyroid condition, skin problems are common. Or it could be a certain food that you have an allergy to or a medication that you have an allergy to. You're right in going to a dermatologist. They should be able to help you. But it does not hurt to have your thyroid checked out either. Maybe it is something as simple as the make-up you use. Maybe it's bad or that particular brand does not agree with you.
@thanks1961 (7046)
It can be of various reasons. Too much of make up and the usage of chemicals also can be one of the reasons. Why don't you apply some fruit pulp at night time or morning on your face. Most of the fruit pulps are harmless and it will help to keep face skin stable and shining. Still not recovering, get the assistance from a doctor. Thank-s
Sounds like you have some really sensitive skin there. My nose gets dry and flakey, but then other times it's oily or then it's breaking out. I was even thinking about getting my nose pierced again but I dunno if it keeps acting up like this then I doubt it's a good idea plus I'm getting old.
Have you tried to visit skin care center? I think they can give treatment for your skin and some advice to get healthy skin.
I dont go to the doctor very often I avoid it as much as possible. I will not have medical insurance soon and going to a dermatologist after that will be expensive. I used hydrocortizone cream on my face and it helps but it clogs my pores. Its either bad clogged pores or peeling skin. I just cant win.
@Java09 (3085)
My skin has dry flakey skin on it also.I don't really know why.I think it may be due to the winter season.In the summertime my skin seems moisturized.I don't recall white flakes on my face.
Mine never used to be this way. Its been since the last year like this pretty much year round. The sun and warm weather hasent helped it at all unfortunately. Now that its winter its still here. Its just getting worse all the time. The skin on my nose peels so much that it gets sore and red underneath. I read online that hyrdrocortison cream helps so I went and bought some. It seems to be working pretty well. It also says on the back of the box that it helps with eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis and a bunch of other things. At only 88 cents per box I am more then happy to buy this if it will help me rather then have to go to a dermatologist.
@ajk111 (2527)
you think your bad? i have a face that looks like i've been dunking for chips! i find the best thing for acne is the sun but sadly in Scotland i don't see much of that!
Ahh well here we dont get much sun either. It snowed last night and its very chilly out today. The sun does help improve the skin as long as you dont get too much of it. Then it can even make it worse. Thats awful that your skin is so bad. Its tough to be a man and have bad skin because you cant wear makeup to cover it up. They do have artifical sun lamps you can sit in front of at home and it helps to improve the skin. I havent ever used one but I knew someone who used to and it would help with his depression.
i have experienced that change skin esp. in our face...i did not make it a problem..i just leave it....sometimes, i wipe it with lotion so that it will vanish....