Am I missing something here..

M friend called me to ask if she could put gas in my car and I drive her to conn. I live ten minutes if that from where she wants to go. I live 30 minutes from where she lives. The train costs $3.50 each way and is about a ten minute walk from her. I told her I am not going anywhere tomorrow. I also told er I don't have gas to get to her. I said,you know the metro goes there. she said,I was looking out for you I figured you could use the money.. LOL I don't want it and yes I need money.. I would have to go out of my way to pick her up and then go with her to her families house and sit there and wait on her. ten drive 40 min to take her home and back another 30 to get me home. what amount of money could she be putting in my tank... LOL I just said,no.. Then she asked me if I would drive to albany which I think is a few hours from me. I also said no..
She's just trying to manipulate you. Now that you have a car she thinks you can be her taxi. She's looking out for herself. She probably thinks she could give you $5 and save herself some money. If you start doing it she will expect it of you. I would say no too. I put a quick end to my granddaughter thinking i was going to be her taxi. First thing she starts asking me to take her here and ther. No, no, no!
Adrian already said that I was not going to be anyone's built in taxi even with my own child. I pick her up because it is very dangerous where m family lives and I feel safer picking her up.
And I think as long as KK respects that it is just great. I would just hate to hear of you being taken for granted.
That's absolutely absurd! That's like asking my mother to drive 50 miles from her home to pick me up, in order to drive me 20 miles to my Grandparent's place, where I could easily get the GO bus from where I live. As for you needing the money, that's also absurd. Are you going to spend $10 in gas, for example, to possibly make $15, only to spend another $10 to get home? What about the money you spent to get there to pick her up in the first place? That means you'r absolutely LOSING money on her idea.
This is funny.
I knew I was not going crazy here. Thanks
@winterose (39918)
why don't you just tell her you don't do long distance trips, period
That was the end of it when she asked me if i drive lon distance. I did say no..
Is this the same one you told me about that charged you for pain medicine? I wouldn't do anything for her, if it is the same person. I wouldn't want to wait around all day waiting on her either. She can take the train.
es,It is the same person. I was not doing it and did not answer the phone last night when she called me back.
It sounds like she is looking for any excuse to get you out running around in your car. I would not do it either, probably.
That is why I will stop answering the darn phone when she calls me.
If i were there, i will also say 'no'; here in india a liter of petrol costs almost same as a liter of cooking oil; guess you did right lol. Prof.Bhuwan. Thanks for sharing
No, definitely not worth it. Your friend has an interesting idea of what constitutes "looking out for" a friend. She sounds like she may be someone you might want to distance yourself from a bit. Anyone who can't differentiate a friend from a taxi service doesn't seem like much of a friend.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
Sounds a little strange to me. Maybe it isn't about the money. She probably misses you and wants the company. It really doesn't sound like it would be worth the time. Lol maybe you should suggest getting together for lunch instead!
@fannitia (2170)
• Bulgaria
I cannot understand one thing. She wants to give you money for the gas you should put in your car. You take the money, you put gas, you drive her. Where are the money for you? She said that "you could use the money" but I don't see any money left.
@cutepenguin (6457)
That's really interesting logic that your friend is using...good thing you said no. I don't see how your friend could have given you the money to make it worth your time, and you'd still have to get her to actually give you the gas money.
Lets put a lil color in here. Just i think your friend want you to be with her alone.Money doesn't matter as long as one is there with you.
@sid556 (31005)
Good for you for saying NO. I fail to see how that would be helping you at all if she were to put gas in your car and then have you use it all to drive her all over the place. Plus there is wear and tear on your car as well. And of course as you mentioned...your time. I think for me, the time would be the most important factor in all this.