frat hazing

@luisaR (452)
this week, a law student here died of hazing. He had kidney failure due to what they call initiation... there have been cases of this few years back...senseless deaths of aspiring great brain of the country. I watched this interview with different explanation of 2 members. The one,who seem studying and physically presentable said, being a frat member does not need to be physical. it is more on personality and character that they are accepting member rather than the explanation of the other(who seem to be living in a poor community) that with pain, they would know if the neophyte can be trusted. Physical pain is a big issue on them regarding betrayal. I have a son and as I watch the news, I told him that when he is all grown up,never EVER join any frat thing. It's heartbreaking a mother to see her get beaten to death... Guys, what is your opinion on this issue? If you are a frat member, kindly share your principle, kindly share some piece about this brotherhood. Thank you.
@heartbit (237)
hi luisaR, im still a student but i never really thought of joining a frat. mostly, im afraid of the initiation and the things that i see on tv about frats. but i heard that being a frat member, they help each other pass like bar exams or get a good job because of connections.
@luisaR (452)
so I see why most of the students that join are law students..for bar exam...good for you heartbeat...I think you can do everything just by yourself. Well, frat has the pro and cons...
@nyang1984 (464)
i also have a son but he is just two years old. but when that time comes i will never ever allow him to join organization like fraternity. Since my partner is a frat member he knows the consequences beyond if he won't discipline or discourage our son to participate in fraternity.
@luisaR (452)
it is a scary thinking and let's hope our sons will enjoy their youth in a more productive safer way ;-)