Blue skin?

Boise, Idaho
Thought this was odd. A family with blue skin. One good mark for intermarriage? Your thoughts. Here's the link: http://gma.yahoo.com/fugates-kentucky-skin-bluer-lake-louise-200247843--abc-news.html
@writersedge (22579)
I would think it would be a sign of poor oxygen exchange. Or very slow heart rate, something. At first I thought you were going to talk about the blue people. There are people who crust stone and put it on their skin to protect it in a desert somewhere that I read about years ago. Like some Native Americans used to put Ocher/ochre (sp?) on their skin.
Oxygen exchange? Hmmm. Interesting. I think alot of tribes have used all manner of things on their skin,
@writersedge (22579)
Your blood goes to your lungs and exchanges carbon dioxide for oxygen. People who has asthma or really slow hearts, that doesn't happen the same as for most people and they can turn blue. Lips can also turn blue when people are cold. Yes, many ways to paint skin, I'm sure.
@krajibg (11939)
• Guwahati, India
Hi celtie, The article says the grand mother was the bluest of woman ever seen. Now shall we jump into the conclusion that it was simply due to intermarriage or there is environmental impact too? Whatsever this is interesting. I wish I were blue too. lol
I'm thinking its the intermarriagle. Interesting on Halloween i bet.
@krajibg (11939)
• Guwahati, India
It could be so. The night of 31st October !!!!!
@Lakota12 (42684)
wow thats weird
That it is.
@myfb2009 (8304)
Hi Celtice, indeed this is a rare case. Even i never came across a person in reality to have all his skin in blue color. It is indeed amazing at how people having this rare skin color still able to live a healthy life. At my former area, i ever seen a person with albino blood problem. She is born in an Asian family, where all her family members have black hair with Asian skin color except her. Her skin color is as white as snow and her hair color is blonde.
Even you huh? LOL Albinos are more prevelant than this is. How odd about this Asian family.
@jazel_juan (15767)
saw this article on yahoo news yesterday and it was indeed peculiar! but do you think they are still blue today?
Me too! Whoever has this would be. I don't think they have found anything they can do for it.
Wow, this is so amazing. They are quite special. I ever read a novel called Blue Blood Man. But it is just a science fiction. It is a myth why there will be men with blue skin. I love China
There is a book about this family too.
@JenInTN (27565)
Wow..that is a weird article! I have to say that I have never heard of anything like that before! If I see any people with blue skin...I'll at least know what the deal is. I would be trying to do CPR on them or something. It makes me wonder about Mennonites and Amish communities. I wonder if there is any record of blue skin with them? I heard that they often inbreed because they are so isolated and never really allow outsiders in.
I thought so. I guess there was a book written about the family. If you look back over the responses it talks about it. I would knit them a sweater. Ya, I hadn't really thought about Amish and all. Curious. Well i would think about awhile in their communities they run out of non-relatives to marry.
@bunnybon7 (36901)
• Holiday, Florida
wow thats so interesting. i found myself reading about all of it skipping over all the big words my mind cant pronounce. im known to do that. i wonder how many others do that.? anyway i do it when somethings really interesting. im from ohio but lots of my family ancestors are from KY. and when i was in school, i went to a class where one girl had bluish skin and someone said she was a "blue baby" didnt know then what it meant and until today wondered. now im thinking this is what was meant.
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
An interesting article about the tricks genetics can play with us...good to hear that the effect,though alarming at first sight from a medical perspective,as it would appear on the surface to indicate conditions requiring immediate treatment in most people,but doesn't prevent those with the condition from living normal lives...
It doesn't sound like that serious of a condition and it is rare. i think it would be cool to be different. Not nessecarily with blue skin but......?