I want to eat corn beef and cabbage..

I have been eating salads,nut,and apples all week. I said,I wanted a break from all the steak we were eating. I have not cooked one in about three weeks or anything beef for that matter. I found I have been going to the bathroom like normal. Which had me worried. Now I want to make some corn beef and cabbage tonight. I hope this does not make me back slide to eating beef more. It's just something I want tonight. I bought a small one so we will not have repeats of it. Then I will be back to my salads and apples. I feel better as well.
Sounds to me like you are doing very well. I don't see where it would hurt to do that one time. You just have to have good will power and since you have been doing so well so far sounds like you do have it. Sounds good. I opened the refrigerator the other night and couldn't figure out for the life of me what I wanted to eat, and I spotted a half head of cabbage. Mmmmmmmmmmm. I immediately got a taste for cooked cabbage. Sometimes I fry it, but doc said I have some fatty liver, so I am attempting to cut down on grease. So I boiled it. It was so good.
I want to know how to fry cabbage. I bought two one for this but still don't have the way to cook it.
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
cook your cabbage as normal,drain it,then later fry it with some bacon...yum
The title of your discussion made my mouth water lol!! I absolutely love corned beef and cabbage. Every year for St. Patty's day my grandpa makes corned beef and cabbage and the whole family goes to my grandparents' house. I usually only have it once a year but I wish I had it more often because it's probably one of my favorite foods.
I plan to buy a lot of these when they go on sale next month. The keep really well in the fridge..
i never try that combination of corned beef and cabbage,i tried potatoes and corned beef and its quite good also and add some spices :)
@louievill (14058)
I had been eating corned beef with cabbage for as far as I can remember, we however use just a little bit of oil to sautee minced fresh garlic and onions in a wok or skillet where the corned beef is placed, once hot strips of cabbage is added and then covered and the flame is lowered. we also sometimes add chopped pieces of button mushrooms as toppings together with the cabbage. Yes, I don't think that it would hurt if you indulge in such kinds of food once in a while.
I cook mine in a crock pot and I add the cabbage to the pot after the meat and potatoes cooked down.
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
I usually saute corn beef and cabbage with onion and garlic, my daughter love it. Sometimes cabbage and ground beef. In hot pot I used pork, beef or chicken together with potatoes and cabbage also.
@JenInTN (27568)
My goodness...I am on my way over...what time is dinner?
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
Oh it's already done I don't know your coming and no food to eat. Anyway I can cook for you. Just name whats' your order.
@AkoPinay (8362)
We usually cook corned beef with potatoes but corned beef with cabbage sounds yummy too.
@asliah (11149)
hi, i missed to eat corn too,because when my sister stay here in our house she always buy a Japanese corn,the sweet giant corn and she always cook it in fry,mince of salt and star margarine that will make it more delicious.
That sounds really yummy to me as well. With that said, I've always thought that if you were craving something, then there is something in that meal that your body needs. I really don't think that eating a little bit of beef here and there is going to be something that is really bad for you. I hope that you did decide to make the corned beef and cabbage and that you really enjoyed it as well.
@pudgeftw (99)
Good work on what you've accomplished with your diet so far. All of those salads nuts and apples will surely lead to better health. But with that said, I think you can definitely enjoy corn beef and cabbage, and I don't think that it will make you fall into your old habits of eating too much beef. In fact if anything, I think that allowing yourself a treat like corn beef and cabbage, especially when you are craving it, will help you stay sane and keep you on track to an overall healthier lifestyle. After all, you won't be denying yourself!
wANNA EAT ALL THOSE...i WONT CHOOSE FOODS TO EAT AS LONG AS I NEED IT ,THEN GO FOR EATING THATS WHY I AM FAT......
I am looking forward to corned beef and cabbage. And the red new potatoes will be so delicious. I don't think that eating beef occasionally is bad. I have to have a hamburger once in a while. But if I had the chose i think I would choose fish over beef. Yum!
@JenInTN (27568)
My b/f actually introduced me to the corn beef and cabbage. I was never crazy about cabbage until then. I enjoyed it sooo much that I could eat it once a week if he fixed it. I think that there is nothing wrong with treating yourself from time to time when you are dieting. I think it's actually good for you to do so on occasion. Makes you feel better too. Take care and I hope you enjoyed it.
• Marion, Kansas
It should not. I hear that you need a break from any diet occasionally. The cabbage is really great for you. I am sure with the added meds that your salads, nuts and apples are excellent to keep you normal in your elimination, but a little beef is good for keeping you from getting anemic.