I tried to take a photo today...

...of myself and my 2 girls. My boy was playing on the computer, I didn't deliberately leave him out. Anyway, the girls are 6 years old, and 17 months. I kept holding the camera up and saying "smile!" but every time I looked at the little screen, the photo wasn't quite right. Either somebody wasn't looking at the camera, or the angle was wrong and we weren't all in it. The best one we took captured the moment perfectly. I am laughing, the baby is looking at her feet, and my older daughter is licking the baby's face!
That picture that you are describing sounds like the kind of picture that I would really like to have of myself and my children. I also know from my own personal experience in taking pictures that it is virtually impossible to get the picture exactly right, but those that aren't perfect pictures do typically end up being a treasure that you will really only come to appreciate later.
@lilaclady (28245)
haha, sounds like photo taking is so much more fun these days, as it doesn't cost to get the photos developed oh how digital has changed our lives.
It's hard to get kids to look the same direction as everyone else at the exact same moment. Thank goodness for digital cameras so you can take as many tries at a nice pic til you run out of memory! *LOL*