Death and TAXES!

@ElicBxn (60884)
So, the roomie has been nagging me to get my stuff from retirement and my job for taxes so we can go to my bro's and get them started. So, yesterday I called ERS (retirement) and said I hadn't gotten my tax forms. I was going to call Girling today, but just didn't have time. So... Today I get the tax stuff from Girling, with a not saying that "some of our people claim they didn't get their tax forms so we are sending duplicate forms out"... Well, I sure didn't get the other form, so I got it today. Then, just a few minutes ago (its like 3:40 a.m. right now) I find a bag and, what is in the bag? you guessed it, my ERS tax forms! So, I've got my tax stuff - guess we'll call my bro and see if he's going to be in the office today (Saturday)... Oh, in that bag is a CHECK as well from a doctor's office! At least they are found! Does it ever seem to you like other people are conspiring to make your life difficult?
@BarBaraPrz (19829)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Where did you find that bag, and just what were you doing looking for it at 3:40am in the first place?
@ElicBxn (60884)
I had dozed off about 9 p.m. so I woke up around 2 a.m. The roomie was looking for something and had pulled this bag off her door. She quit looking because she found what she was looking for in the first place, but I was helping her look for something else and found these!
Hooray, the lost has been found. No wonder you feel like life is a conspiracy. I hope to find lots of treasures soon.
I make my own life difficult enough. I am quite the bag lady myself. So, who put the check and the ERS stuff in a bag for you? It was not the cat. I put stuff in bags myself, but I know you have had a lot of "extra" help cleaning, etc. to add a room mate, and with extra people can come extra misplaced items.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Actually, it had to have been the roomie who got the mail that day... it was with stuff she bought and in her room!
@Loverbear (4928)
Welcome to my life! My soon to be "ex" friend is really great at doing that to me. One of her stunts was to tell me to do what it takes to get her on disability (which wouldn't be hard, she's in terrible shape physically and mentally...especially mentally). So I started the paperwork online and was using my time to fill out all the necessary information. (applying takes a LOT of time because of the huge number of pages to fill out) Then she tells me not to bother that she had two jobs lined up...AND she wanted to check each and every thing I did on the application. I got rather annoyed (pissed off to the max is more like it) and quit filling it out. The jobs fell through (after all when you take on look at her you really don't feel comfortable hiring her for a job. Plus she snivels and whines about all her ailments, personal problems, and what the dog has done) and then she called to tell me to finish filling out the application when her husband came in with the mail. In it was a notification telling her that she couldn't try applying for disability again until September 2012. She started to flip out at me, which wasn't too bright a thing to do. I snarled back at her that first she told me she had a line on two jobs, and if you're working you can't apply for disability. Secondly she was treating me like a total moron about the application and I wasn't about to finish it up because of her attitude towards what I was saying in the application. I finished snarling at her that she could have gotten it the first time she applied if she had let me handle the details rather than butting in and telling me what could and couldn't be said in the application. The way the first one was filled out it was like she was okay and just applying for the chance that maybe she would get it. She decided she had something else to do and hung up. I also will do things to make my own life difficult. I get my mail from my mail box that is 8 miles away from my house. I will put the mail in a bag and forget where I put the bag. Of course I also end up with friends that suck me dry physically, monetarily, and mentally. I am now at the point of limiting the contact I have with people and am very careful about the ones I select as "friends". The one I mentioned above is the same one who has been giving me grief for 10 years. She has borrowed money from me and not paid it back for 9 years. The list could go on, but I am sure you remember that loser. I figured out how much she owes me from the jewelry I loaned her to pawn, and it is getting up to a thousand dollars. I'm only staying "friends" with her until I get my stuff back and then the "friendship" ends. The only reason that it is staying together is because the pawn tickets are in her name. By April I should be finished with her. Like the old axiom goes, "with friends like that who needs enemies?" My great joy will be informing her "WHY" things have changed and that our friendship and sisterhood have come to a halt.
@savak03 (6681)
OMG it sounds like you have been living my life.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I remember hearing about this, so called, "friend" and yes, friends like that who needs enemies! I guess if the mail box were 8 miles, but its only about 30 feet!
@JenInTN (27565)
Oh yes...and sometimes I wonder why simple things that people do everyday are so darn hard for me to accomplish sometimes.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Some days its just one "thamn ding" after another!
hi ElicBxb oh yes but for me its every four years.last year our activities director took us t o get our non drivers Indentifications. She claimed oh this will only take an 'hour."No" i said" Nothing in the DMv ever takes just an hour.so we get seats as we three are handicapped so I get this code Abd Co2 on top my sheets so a m called 'Hatley ABd so I go down the line to ABC then okay ABD so she asks for my lod ID which I hand to her , she then 'hands it back go to Co so I stand wait at CO then oh go to station 2 so I trot off to station 2 where she tells me" take off the glasses and print your name on this' she hands me a black marker pen and a magnetic tape about t he size of a bandaide."write your name on that' I am going "its too small" She snaps"just do the best you can" so I do th at then 'they take my picture. oh my I g et it back in a week. My pictu re showes mn e squinting without my glasses and looks like'it belongs on the 10 most wanted women criminals from California. my signature looks like my doctors just a scribble lol lol. so it is three hours later we get back just in time for lunch. Now good for 4 years. hurrah for my side.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Dolt... What a way to run a state agency... well, they don't pay them that well, so of course they are going to abuse anyone they can get away with...
@vandana7 (64840)
All the time.. Seriously, such things happen so often..its been a pain. Last year, I started dematerializing my shares. I found so many flaws with my portfolio that I had to attend to them one at a time..took ages..and it can get you real tense because it is so annoying. I still have about four problems to clear. Will attend to them after summer. :)
Isn't that something elicbxn. It could have been so much more less stressful if you'd known those things were there. I think most people have so much to do nowadays in such a short time that everyone's losing their minds. I'm not joking, I'm serious. I make the dumbest mistakes nowadays, and I am not the only one. It seems like everyone I know has a short memory or does really crazy absent minded things. I think time is getting shorter and even tho the clock still shows 24 hours in a day that we don't get 24 hours like we used to but time is less than it was.
@ElicBxn (60884)
It does seem that way! and the less sleep I get trying to catch up, the stupider I get!
Ha ha ha ha ha! Sounds just like me. I have said the same exact thing about myself. I am really stupid also when I first wake up in the morning. I make no sense whatsoever. No sense trying to talk to me. No way! LOL!
@blue65packer (11835)
Sounds like me! Not many people try to make my life miserable but I am very good at doing it to myself! If I was not a worrywart I would not make my life so miserible! I am always misplacing stuff! I am always disorganized! it amazes me I have not ended up with multi-nerveous breakdowns!
@ElicBxn (60884)
It was the roomie who was driving me crazy and it turned out she's the one who "lost" my form, well, the one I GOT - the other arrived because others had complained they hadn't gotten theirs too.
@LittleMel (14055)
yes. but sometimes it's pure unintentional mistake. just that it happened at the same time
@ElicBxn (60884)
I don't blame her for doing it, just kind of annoying that she's been nagging me and she's the one who actually "lost" it! My whole household has been in an uproar, so things going the wrong places are just a tip of the iceberg!
@savak03 (6681)
Personally I think the whole world is conspiring against me. But then I am a conspiracy theory nut anyway. What kind of bag did you find your mail in and who would be messing with your mail? I think I would have to put a stop to others messing with my mail. Oh wait I did have that problem and finally told them the only ones that could get mail out of my box was me.
@ElicBxn (60884)
actually, it was a Best Buy bag, and the roomie often gets the mail, just this time was a Saturday, and she stuck the mail in the bag to help the other roommate, the blind one, to get into the house... so obviously right after "D" moved in, since we kind of let her find her way a bit more now to help her learn her way around.
@cerebellum (3871)
My body makes my life so difficult I don't need any help from anyone else. Think of it as a positive, at least you found a check you forgot you had!
@ElicBxn (60884)
actually, I found a check I didn't KNOW I had!
@KrauseHome (35035)
Been there done that, and all of the above many times, and how I can easily relate. There are many times when things seem to get misplaced that are considered important and when found it is like now how did these get here? I am glad that you were able to find the stuff you needed, and hopefully things worked out for the Best.