I'm always hungry!

I recently calculated my BMI to be 17.4, which is far below what it should be. I haven't eaten properly for years. I resolved to start eating well again as I am always tired, and I hate the way I look right now. Underweight may suit some people, but I miss the chubby face and womanly figure I had in my teens. Since I have started eating more, I seem to be permanently hungry. I don't want to go from underweight and unhealthy to overweight and unhealthy. What can I do other than keeping lots of fruit in the fridge?
While I know that it works for losing weight, I'm not sure if it would work for gaining weight, but it might be something that is worth trying. That would be to eat several small meals during the course of a day as opposed to eating only three meals in a day. If you are trying to gain weight, then perhaps you should try three regular meals during the day and some small snack sized meals in between when you are hungry.
@apsara60 (6613)
• Israel
If you are thin and you feel hungry, it is very nice thing.......because you are free to eat as much as you want , what ever you want.......no need to count calories and not need to avoid delicious oily and fried snacks...so eat and eat and eat and consider yourself lucky. My case is opposite...my BMI considers me as obese, though I try to eat controller limited diet.It has been years since I enjoyed any fast food snack joyfully. I either avoid them or eat them with stress that I will be more fat now. So please if you are lucky to have this opportuneity to eat healty and full....enjoy it and soon you will have everything that you want....from skinny hard bones to nice full women....not necessarily chubby.... .....enjoy eating
Make sure you always have a good healthy breakfst with protein in it. Drink lots of water and eat veggies along with your fruit. Eat more protein than carbs as protein helps make you feel full longer. You might also want to take a good multi vitamin and up to 5000 mg of Vit D3 each day. All of these things will help you feel not so hungry all the time. Another thing you might try is eating five small meals a day instead of three big meals. Good luck.