Ellen - "My haters are my motivators!"

Yay! OMM did not win in their attempt to get Ellen fired from JCPenny. They didn't want Ellen to be JCP's spokesperson because she is gay. I didn't think that OMM would win. They are extremely discriminatory. This is the article http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2012/03/08/Ellen_Wins_One_Million_Moms_Backs_Down_in_JCPenney_Fight/ Here is the interview with Brian Fisher (AFR) talking to Monica Cole (OMM) about Ellen being the JCP spokesperson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYC6I-QclZ8
@dazzledlady (1626)
It is time for Ellen and the others to feel empowered. I like the statement " my haters are my motivators" it is like saying bring it on and I will never back down from the challenge. They will become your fuel to achieve whatever your goal instead of getting distracted and down because of the negativism in them. The is the power of positive thinking. Turn your disadvantages to advantages.
Yes! And rightfully so! They shouldn't back down, they aren't doing anything wrong. OMM (one million moms) only see disadvantages, and loves to spread negativity.
@dragon54u (28727)
Hooray for Ellen! And shame on small minded people that judge a person by a God-given orientation that they can help no more than they can prevent the sun from rising. These people ignore scientific research that proves being gay and lesbian is genetic because it disagrees with their interpretation of the Bible. I don't watch talk shows, I find them really boring, but I have always like Ellen's humor. The times I watched her on TV she didn't resort to vulgarity to get a laugh but was truly funny and creative. I like the commercials, too--me, who FF's past commercials! I stop for hers because they make me laugh. She supports a couple dozen charities that encompass children, animals, the homeless, the hungry, the crippled and everything in between. How many of those OMM members actively support strangers by donating money or time, huh? I'll bet very few--their hearts are too tiny to make much room for others.
No, Ellen doesn't resort to vulgarity to get a laugh. Her's is just wholesome funny stuff! Ellen is an empathetic, caring, person.
@JenInTN (27568)
It's ridiculous that those people thought they had any cause or case anyway. They would have to start making their own clothes if they limited their business to people like them.
LOL! So true! They would have to make their own. Do they really think there's going to be merchandise that has not been, in some way, produced by glbt's? ha ha
@bunnybon7 (27429)
• Holiday, Florida
what in the heck is wrong with people. i dont understand such things. Whatever OMM is, how do they get a say? Im glad she won it. ive seen them commercials and shes quite funny and right in them. ive watched her show some days. and she seems like such a sweet nice person. i wonder why anyone cares about her being gay
What's wrong with people? I'll tell ya, they are so busy poking at the small stick in someones eye that they overlook the log in theirs! (I'm paraphrasing, but I think that's in the Bible.)
@marie2052 (3697)
I am with you. I love Ellen. I could care less if she is gay or purple with pink polkadots. If I am down she can make me smile and forget my pains from illness when I watch her. I would give anything to be able to go to her show she is always so upbeat! I usually try to be that way. My husband watches the political channels all the time he is home. Ellen just makes me forget all the political issues, and how bad the economy is. Even her commercials you can always get a chuckle out of. Have a wonderful day! And Welcome to Mylot!
Same here! She makes me laugh when I'm down. She is wholesome and funny!