I was a victim of cyber bullying...if you're in my shoes, what would you do?

I had been a victim of cyber bullying once. I used to have this co worker friend whom I shared an apartment too. We had a little misunderstanding which I fix even before I left her in the apartment. Little did I know that she had been holding grudges all along and made a mountain out of a molehill problem. She tweeted bad stuff. Insulting words against me which I didn't know at first because I don't have a twitter account, in which I found out when I went online one time out of curiousity. So I tried to resist at first. I didn't do anything about it. However, it got really worst. So I made an account, followed her tweets and then bam! the next day, she posted that she deleted her tumblr and planning to do the same thing wih her twitter. Then I went to tumblr. There I found that she's attacking me too on tumblr. I deleted my twitter account right away after letting her know that I followed her tweets. (I just want to send a message). A few days after...she put her twitter account on private. The entire time that I've been reading her tweets, I never replied anything bad...NEVER! I feel like it's very High school to do that and there's no need to sit down at her level. What do you think? Would you do the same thing?
@WakeUpKitty (8717)
• Netherlands
Stop making your own life misery! Quit following that person and checking out what is said about you. You are only hurting yourself for no reason. Don't respond on anything, ignore it! The great thing about this is that today or tomorrow this person will find someone else to bully. Also there will be plenty of people who think she is nuts, so she is also giving herself a bad name by her behaviour. The only thing she wants is to bully you, see your respond, break you and this way she can control your life! Please ignore this person!!! It's for your own good.
standing ovation! its like your name is saying " WAKE up kitty! so intelligent advice..really admire you for saying this.. i was once z victim.. and i did quit.. I WON! HAHHAA you inspire me..thanks kitty
@nurseclare (2210)
First thing came up in my mind, how sure are you that it was you whom she meant? did she literally post your name?maybe you did overlook it.. but as what you've said, the best thing you could do is IGNORE the b_tch, ust so insecure and acting like perfect.. i was once in your shoe and i could day i was totally hurt but in the end i choose to detach myself to negative vibes.... learn to look at the brighter future, don't get affected and she'll get tired.. Pray to GOD to have peace of mind, you'll have it soon..
* i could Say
It happened last year. It only took me a week or two to get over it, given that we used to be besties. I figured she's not worth it and no need to sit down at her level. I raised up this issue because I want others to learn from my experience and learn how to deal with it.... I'm proud of myself that I was not affected that much and I took the situation well. I didn't do anything bad back and look who's laughing now? Hahaha! nah, I think if you do good and you never attack others when they attack you, you'll get compensated for that. And yes I did!
@saundyl (9698)
I have a feeling that if someone was doing this to me..I'd either ignore them...block any contact with them online rather than following their tweets etc. Following them...gives them the power to know they hurt you. If it continued or went farther than I'd make a point of saying to their face that i understand they have a problem with me but why not talk to me about it rather than the public bashing. If its threats being made I'd take them to the police.
I followed her on twitter because I want to send a message. She never talk to me upfront about anything and she's giving me a poker face. So, I want to let her know that I'm not the one to be mess with. Following her is like threatening her that, hey, now write what you want to write, now that I'm here waiting. But then, bam! I was right, she got scared and planned to delete her twitter. So then I deleted my account and observed her reaction...she put her tweets in private. See, that's how back fighters work. lol!
@saundyl (9698)
You never talked to her to her face either then.
well, some people are like that they feel good and derive satisfaction when they criticize another person putting this person n a bad light. i think, if you are neighbor. it is better to confront this person and know from his own mouth the reason he is doing it to you. also ask him the reason why he s mad at you. this should be a calm and reasonable arguments to hear both side reasoning to find out the real reason behind those discreet. you could file a case n court f he never stop since he is putting you n bad light. surely, he have a bad intention and create a bad reputation out of your personal life.
Like others have said here I would not waste one more moment on her. She is probably getting a kick out of you checking everything. She is probably thrilled your doing that to give her that much of your time and attention! I only know because I have had things like this done to me and the more I responded to it, the longer it went on. I know it probably kills you not to look because it did me but honestly it will make you feel better once you let it go. The only person you are hurting is you... Hope this helps! =)
@musicman6 (2337)
Well for me I've never had trouble with bullying, cyber nor in person, I just plainly confronted the person, and if they didn't quit, a punch in the nose always did! I can not stand a bully, nor seeing anyone else being bullied, and I always did something about it, the only way they can bully you , is if you let them!
well i can say that it is really tough to be in that situation it is easy to advise that just let it go or just ignore it but at the end of the day you cant just ignore it cause it will bother you and you will think about it before you sleep or sometimes when you are answering the call of nature (pooping) ha ha no kidding but it really happens right, so for my opinion try to face it, what ever you read or hear think about about it if its you that has a problem or its just that they don't have other things to do, then it its really you who did them wrong correct yourself but if your not doing anything wrong laugh at them and let them feel that you are not scared and you don't give a damn.