I don't know how people live without tv..

Adrian has regular tv and after a certain time there is nothing on tv. I have to watch repeats of good times,threes company and so on every night. I love being with him so i deal with it. being home right now I am watching a movie on cable and boy does it feel good. I know some people who don't watch tv at all... I love watching tv so much. it feels good watching something I have not seen before. Next month I am getting direct tv so that I can get rid of this high cable bill. I will save about $60 a month. that will be gas money I am sure. lol do you have cable or something to watch many shows..
@bostonphil (4397)
I love TV but I think that i could learn to live without it if I had to as long as I could still keep my computer. I am bundled with my cable company. I get my internet, home land line and digital TV with HBO for $168 a month. That is a lot of money. My television service alone costs me about $90 a month. I am a senior citizen who lives alone. I do not have a lot of family or friends so TV is very important to me. If I had to cut back, I would probably give up my cable TV and just go with free TV. I really love being home and watching a very good movie on HBO or another cable station.
I pay a little less than this for all three and will be giving it up. I can't ait to see the money I save in my gas tank or on my stove. I need this month to end so i can get it next month.
I do not drive which has some pluses as well as negatives. I do not need to worry about the expenses that a vehicle creates but there are limitations as to my getting around and going places. I have more than enough money for food which is a good thing because I love food and I eat too much. I like the bundle I get from my cable company but still feel that I am paying too much for what I get. I love my digital cable and HBO. That is the biggest expense.
I have DirectTv myself and I love it. I get a lot of channels and choices of what I can watch. I love watching the older shows and game shows. I also love watching the Hallmark Channel and Inspiration channel. I will watch Tvland only if M*A*S*H is on. I am glad that you get to spend time with Adrian.
I am glad you like direct tv that is one more reason I will be getting it. I think it will be good when I lower my bill.
@surfer222 (1715)
Things i watched on TV usually just movies, soccer games, and sometimes news... about a month ago my TV broke down. Funny thing is, since my TV broke, i get more sleep and i feel more fresh in the morning... LOL, now i don't know weather i want to fix my TV or not...
I would have to fix my set or I would miss all the good shows on at night.
Hey Good Times was an awesome show....LOL But I do understand what you mean. It does get tiresome watching the same things over & over again. However I do have basic cable so I can watch a few more shows then most people without cable. Even so all they mostly have on TV nowadays are reality shows & I hate reality shows with very few exceptions. Have you ever thought about getting Netflix? They have packages as low as nine dollars a month which really isn't that bad.
Yes,but then it would interfere with the time I am online so that will not work for me.
@marty3888 (2359)
Yes I do. We have basic cable and I discovered a web site called Veetle.com. You go to the top and hit channels and on the left are categories like comedy, animation and my favorite, entertainment. They are movies and some are 2012 movies! And it's free. and modtly no ncommercials and if there are, it's at the beginning and only one. The only catch is sometimes there is no schedule. you have to recognize the movie or research it real quick. But it's great! who needs HBO or showtime when you have Veetle!
I am going to go and check them out. I know i liked watching hulu but,I hate not being able to be online while watching something.
@marty3888 (2359)
Yes, this is much better than Hulu
I respect people who watch television. It can be a way to relax and being entertained. It can be one way to beat boredom or stress. It can be for educational purpose too. I am just one who is not good in watching television for a long time. I watch sports and the news only on television. However, I don't like most of the programs so I don't watch television a lot, including my kids. The influence of television is so high that I don't think my kids need it. Happy watching and have a great day ahead.
my kids dont watch a lot of tv either. i dont like it being on in the background during the day when knowones watching it. i feel like its just there in the background brainwashing them.
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
When were still in the city we used to have a cable channel, back when mylot is not yet introduced with me. I love to watch HBO channel with a movie marathon together with my kids and my ex. Actually I'm still watching TV after I discovered mylot but not too often like before. When we moved here in the province , there are also cable TV but I did not manage to take because almost 2 local channel are fine with me. They entertain me a lot. And taking those cable cost a lot of money, and I can't afford it.
I can understand that because the channels I have are costly as well.
@erikmama (12934)
Hello GAB.. I am with you. Right now I have a special with the cable company for service at $30 per month, which is $10 more thn Direct. I tried to get them but due to the location of my apartment am unable to do so. Once th promotion runs out it is almost $70 per month fir cable, prices I find absolutley ridicuolous. I sitll will pay it, I suppse, as there is nothing like coming home and flipping through 100 channels to find nothing on!! lmao!
@carmelanirel (20979)
I live without it because there really isn't anything on that I find good enough to watch. But we do have basic cable, but the only time I watch it is for the Super Bowl, and whenever they play a movie for Family Movie night. Anything I want to watch, I watch online, like the news. If there is a movie, I will borrow it from the library or watch one of mine..
@blue65packer (11835)
I could not live without tv! I watch it alot and if I am not watching it is on in the back ground while on the computer. It would be boring without it! I love watching sports and I can't live without my football and basebal times! I would save money to without a tv but that will never happen! LOL!
We have Direct TV. I'm watching SOAP NET right now... I'm watching all week's worth of Young and the Restless. I see it during the week and then watch it on Saturday from 7 to midnight.
@TheIzers (680)
I decided to stop my cable and direct TV since last year because of tired watching crime on News media. Now I am free from watching TV at all. I just read news paper, magazine, books, browsing on internet and watching Netflix or going to movie theater.
@cher913 (25893)
me either. i only have a few shows that i really like to watch but would hate to miss. we also get lot of dvds out of the library which a tv is necessary.
@Rick1950 (1555)
• Lima, Peru
I've cable and I can watch almost 80 channels. I could watch a lot of more channels but it will be expensive. However I know that to the students of the Waldorf Schools are not adviced to watch TV.
@laura1991 (178)
i have sky tv. i dont know whether you have it where you are. im in the uk. ive got hundreds of channels but there are only about 20 that i actually watch. lol. but i can record programmes and pause them aswell. i love the time in the evening when the kids are in bed and me and my partner sit down and watch the soaps. just because its relaxing and you can forget about the stress of the day. my tv subsription costs me £20 a month plus line rental which is about £10.
I love watching cable and doubt i could go very far without having it around. It keeps me company and I enjoy the programs. I would never get Directtv. My digital cable is so great. I remember when I had no cable for awhile and it was awful. Half the time the channels didn't come in and I had nothing at all to watch.
@dodo19 (32614)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yes, we do have cable. Although we don't watch it a lot, we still will watch it. Sometimes, we'll still watch something, even there may not be a whole lot interesting to watch on television.
@MandaLee (3696)
I have Verizon FIOS. There are so many great shows to watch. I used to have Direct TV. You will just love it! Have a great weekend!
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
I live without tv if I stay in my house in Hungary so are my kids. We don't miss it at all. We do have a (kitchen) radio over there. If I am in Africa I live without tv as well. At home (Netherlands) I do have a tv but I seldom watch it. I don't care about it, always have plenty of things to, my days are too short. I think that is the reason I don't watch tv. It's not relaxing to me to sit there watch a part of a movie (10-15 min) and have to watch commercials again (15-20 min) see a part of the move etc. It's annoying to me so I leave.
@wqdayang (137)
I like watching tv,but I think that doesn't matter much if without tv,in my office ,there is no tv,I can watch films on the computer.I always can get the latest news first.but on the tv I can't.