Does smoking wee*d help with depression .

I read in a magazine that smoking this has been shown to help with depression. I am asking because my daughter smokes this and I am wondering if it will help her. I don't smoke so I would not know this for sure. I know she is calmer than normal when she is high. I see she is also not fighting or arguing with me either. But,I am hoping one day soon she will stop smoking this and get some real help. thanks.
@crystal11 (158)
Depression can lead to serious mental issues. Smoking and such only eases the state and over a long period can lead to other health issues. It would be best to treat depression at the source. Perhaps a visit to the psychologist or psychiatrist could help? There has to be a cause. It is a serious matter and shouldn't be treated lightly. Get help for your daughter as soon as possible!
I am working on this as much as possible thanks.
I also heard that smoking will help us to get rid of depression but i am not a smoker so i don't know much about this. Eventhough it is good for her soon she will get addict of smoking so take care of your daughter.
That is what I am worried about as well.
Explain your daughter about the badness of smoking and one more thing is if she is in her control then there is nothing to worry about that because nowadays youngsters are mature to take care of themselves..
@choybel (5059)
It sounds like a temporary solution, but actually leading to a worst situation. This can lead to addiction and studies have shown how smoking this in unhealthy dosage can affect the brain in a very bad way. It would be best to stop it at an early state before she gets too dependent on it, and get real treatment from real doctors and experts of the problem.
@tessa9 (1086)
i don't think that it does. It can make things worst in my opinion because you become dependent on that stuff. Every time you feel depressed then you have to get that stuff to feel better. I think the best way to deal with depression is to know what makes you feel that way and to talk to someone.
I would actually think that it would be quite the opposite because smoking it will relax you. So, I know that I'm a very high strung person and that is something that I inherited from my father as he was the same way. I will partake from time to time when I am feeling especially stressed out. However, when I do that, I do find that I feel a little bit more depressed than I usually do.
@MandaLee (3726)
Smoking marajuana helps with alot of health problems. For this reason, many people would like to see marajuana become legalized in the US. Have a great weekend!
I really dont know. I just remember when I smoked it feeling amazing. It is relaxing but I think in the long run it can do more damage then good because it can mess with the chemicals in your brain and cause depression to get worse. I know when I smoked it people would say I was mean because I would jokingly pick on them. It was funny to me but hurtful to them I guess lol.
well it directs amplified pressure& restlessness as well as tenseness & fear