I am so broke i don't know how I will cope with not shopping much..

I am not a shopaholic by any means. I do enjoy shopping for this and that when I need it. I am not sure what I will be doing in the next few months about shopping. I know next month I am taking my daughter to buy some jeans. I gained weight and she lost weight. so we are going to get one pair each. That is sad that I can't afford a whole outfit. lol..
Join the club. We all have to live within our means. I don’t have money to shop for myself hardly ever. My undies are wearing then before I buy any. I have one bra to my name now because the two others wore out and I threw them out… so I will get me some new stuff as I can. I got me 10 new pairs of undies last month. You got a free car, so now you gotta keep gas in it. I don’t have that excuse.. I just don’t have money to throw away on stuff each month… I have to put my needs before my wants.
@cher913 (25893)
yup, you are right! i only go shopping when i have extra cash and then i only shop at a thrift store or for stuff on sale. today, we went to an outlet mall and got my one daughter a shirt for $3 and a pair of jeans for $10 but other than shopping at thrift stores, i havent had anything new for some time.
It’s hard! Really difficult to make ends meet anymore with the cost of food being so high. Everything costs so much to take out of the store and put on the table. I will get me a new bra next month… and maybe another one the following month.
I don't know how much your bras cost where you are but,I go where the cost about $5 I could get you one next month if you like. I just gained weight so I need to buy me at least two. I get them for cheap because I wear a small size.. 36 c. tiny right.. let me know I can send it to you as soon as I can.. you don't need to pay anything either. take care..
@chicgale (2982)
You are not alone. I shop too much too and I really need to cut it! Every month I buy clothes and my closet are full already, and I realized that some of it I haven't worn yet. I wasted so much money on clothes.
I don't have anything like what you have. I need clothes so much and can't afford to buy them. I am going to get some when I start working though..
oh gifts you will be doing hair dos and making a ton , I do hope anywary. wish I lived close so I could come let you do my hair as it sure needs something done to it.If there are more Mew Yorkers here on my lot hope some live where they can drop in and give you lots of business with hair dosl and such.
I can't wait to take my exam and find a job and then get some hair customers. I might need to go back to braiding for a short while though I don't want to.
@Nadinest1 (2040)
From getting to know you over the past few years, you seem like a very resourceful woman. You are always making bits of money here and there...Avon, selling online etc and etc. i am sure this too, will pass. You seem very good at stretching your money. If shipping would be cheaper to Canada, I would be ordering Avon from you, Sharon. Too bad. Good luck to you my friend.
My family calls me the hustler because I always find a way to mak it happen. I am thinking of something to do with make bags out of pretty fabric..
@sid556 (31006)
Hi Gifts, Good to have you back. Your absence has been noticed and missed. You will get used to the lack of shopping and once you do it won't feel so bad. My daughter and I make a game out of "seeing how much we can't spend" . I can't even remember the last time that I've bought a brand new pair of jeans and it has been a while since I've bought her a pair. We save at the grocery store and with the electric bill and we both do the incense burners for extra cash and I work. She is still in school but out of work. She was working but because of a sickness , lost her job. When we have some extra money we search for deals and shop the thrift shops. It's fun to shop the thrift shops and we've also had fun talking each other out of impulse purchases. On her birthday, I actually had some extra cash and I was going to splurge on her. I took her into a kind of pricey shop here and told her to pick out something up to around 50.00 plus I'd already given her 50.00 cash. OMG...she shopped forever and finally gave up. She said I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on things.
If that were my daughter when she got to the register she would have spent the $50 and needed more cash. I wish she was caring like your daughter about cash..
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I am going to be broke for the next couple of weeks. I'm spending money I really shouldn't now but I'm going to be hanging out with friends next weekend, so need to. I've been having more hours at work, longer shifts which means lunches, and I have to eat, but I don't want to spend the money to eat. There was a shirt I wanted at Charlotte Rousse for cheap but they didn't recognize my zip code so I couldn't get it. I am expecting some bonus money from online in the next couple of weeks (I use sidetick too), and that will come in handy. I just have to REALLY watch my money. I may have to dip into savings to pay for some things. I still haven't gotten the moped, but I've got to by the fifeteenth. I may call and ask if I can wait another week before paying it, I've been on time with my other payments so they shouldn't care. I'll be turning around and selling it as soon as I get it. I am hoping maybe Ross or Marshall's will have some good deals for you, if not the salvation army. Maybe you can find a nice pair of jeans for cheap, and be able to afford more for both you and your daughter.
bWhy are you selling your moped? i will go to marshall's as well. they always have nice clearance items there.
Maybe this will give you the opportunity to be more inventive with what you have. Like redoing an old blouse you don't really like anymore. Revamping what we have can really be fun. Cut the sleeves off a blouse or something like that. You never know what you might come up with.
I am not there yet. I have nothign to revamp and would not dare cut my jeans to shorts.. LOL that would be cool if i had a pair I could make a purse out of.
I remember when the western fad was cutting the jeans and then putting lace and pretty material in the middle and making a nice western skirt. Some were very pretty. Not the fad anymore. You could make your own fad. hehe
I want to start making fabric handbbags and putting them online or in the flea market for sale.
@beenice2 (2274)
For us here we have to shop for food first and well for what is left in the bank we see if we can afford it, which mean not much usually, which brings some frustration, when you think of it.
That I can sure understand as well. I will be working in a few months and it will be alright.
hi gifts I can well sympathize as the copay on the damened ambulance is still throwing my paying other bills off course. I found that mysurvey.com that used to pay me ten dollars every month is really getting bizarre not adding points to my total after each survey and more.a screen pop sup and says sorry because you dyo not have proper operating system we cannot allow you to take this survery not once but most times. guess I need to find another survey that I can qualify for that will add points, and pay me each month. But karen I know things will work out for both of us so stay calm please.
I will be working in a few months so I will be fine till then. I will work my fingers to the bone to make extra cash.
I know how you feel money has been tight for everyone. I am glad that you and your daughter are able to afford one pair of jeans each. I am sorry that you are gaining weight. I love to shop when I need to as well and I also want to get some more craft supplies, but that is going to have to wait. I am waiting until JoAnn's or Michaels offer a course in either sewing or quilting. I want to take both, but I am not sure if I can afford either class right now. I wish I could make money and be working, but Randy needs so much care right now and I know if I do work Randy will be sitting around doing nothing because my parents will not help him out. I make a few bucks on here but that is about all.
The monry I make here goes to my gas tank so I work extra hard right now.
@blue65packer (11835)
I usually only buy clothes when I really need them! Even if I have the money or not! I find the money somehow and then go shopping. I hate shopping! mostly for clothes! I never have liked to and never will! This is one reason I shop for clothes when I do!
I love shopping for clothing even though i can go for the most part.
Maybe you should try to save more money. Do not buy things that are not really needed and try to save it for future use. Since you're planning to buy new jeans next month, jeans are really quite expensive, so try to save some money so that by next month, you'll have enough money to buy stuffs you like.
My jeans are cheap bbecause I wear a smaller size. If I go to bigger sizes I will pay like $25 but,for now I can bu one for $15
@dodo19 (31998)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I can certainly understand how you feel. We don't have much money to begin with. So, we can't really afford to shop for ourselves. What we get has to go towards bills, food, and pretty much anything that is a necessity or something to that effect.
I need some hair dye and that I will be getting no matter what else I can't get.
I am another person that doesn't shop all the time, mostly because of the fact that I don't have a lot of money and that means that there isn't very much money that I'm able to spend on shopping. However, we have been especially tight for the last several months and that has meant that I've not been able to get any new clothes and that is something that bothers me because I've been wearing some of the same clothes since before I was even a mother (and my daughter is nine years old).
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Me too, I love to shop but it seem I'm getting nervous swiping my credit card every time I have to shop. I'm wishing to have a job for I can support my needs. I can't even buy a pair of new shoes. Now a days I avoid malls or shops for I will not feel depress.
@laken02 (3067)
i know what you mean i amin the same boat,, my husband will buy me stuff if i ask but i dont ask alot unless i really need it.. as i hate asking him for anything. and as far as food he will get me anything i want and that is so very nice and for clothes he will buy me some but i dont ask very often as i respect him and dont want to take advantage of him..