I DON'T look like that?!

I have been a Mummy for 6 and a half years. I used to spend hours in front of the mirror doing my makeup, but now I barely look in the mirror at all. When I do, I am often suprised to find that I am NOT constructed from blue felt pen... I do not have a huge grin from my chin to my eyes... and my arms and legs are not pencil lines! lol, if I were to draw a self portrait, I think these days I would draw myself as a stick person with blue hair, in a pink triangle for an outfit.
@ShyBear88 (18618)
I haven't been a mom for 6 years yet but it sound like you need a mommy day to yourself to just relax and get your hair and stuff done or to just go see a movie with out your kids. I've been a mom for at least 13 month and some days I feel like pulling my hair out. I don't care what I look like but when I see myself in the mirror I do feel about myself. I try to treat myself to something each week. Mostly a nap and something chocolate related. I always look forward to the when my husband and I can go on a date.
A date? I think the last time we went out without the kids was my 21st birthday... and my 25th is this weekend!
@ShyBear88 (18618)
Yes a date you know that thing that most all people do before they start a relationship to get to know that person its called a date a night where its just two people having dinner or going to the movies. The last time me and my husband went out on date was in January we go out ever few months or whenever my husband grandparents are in town, or my parents or his mom is in town. We let them watch our daughter then we go since we don't have any friends. We would let my husband cousins watch our daughter but we don't' think she is that responsible due to the fact of her friends behavior in our house. I'm looking forward to our date night soon either this week or next week. We are going to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary. I'm 23 going to be 24 in another 6 months. Will have 2 kids by then to deal with. Date night isn't hard to fine with you know people that are willing to watch your kids for free.
There is nobody who will babysit for us, my parents say 3 kids is too many. The godparents would do it, but they don't have children of their own and they would let the kids stay up half the night eating sweets, I've seen them in action!
@shylade (3137)
yes mommy you need a time for your self. you have been a mom for almost 7 years and why not have a rest from it. though i know it will not easy. by this time, i assume your child is at school already so use that time, if you are a stay at home mom, for your self. "me time" is really important to us moms but i know it is not easy. i am a working mom and i find it hard to have a me time. i will always dedicate my rest day to my son and cleaning the house. well, that's really moms are but do not forget also to take care of yourself because your family needs you the most.
I have 3 children, two are now at school but I have an 18 month old at home so I don't get much "me" time. I'm trying lately to devote a bit more time and energy to myself, but its finding the extra time and energy which is challenging
@shylade (3137)
yes it is so true that we mommies find it difficult to have our own me time. since i had my son and never remember any me time i had. i am not complaining though because being with him is priceless.
Being Mummy is amazing :) People keep telling me I should be myself too, but its not that easy, and I LIKE being Mummy.
@lilaclady (28238)
Oh that is sad to see yourself in this way, I think you need a ME day, go shopping and buy yourself something special and maybe get a new hair do or something..just always remember you are special, you are so lucky to be a mummy, I hope things start looking up for you.
I dom't mind, I make a great felt pen drawing to be honest I am happy my kids draw me all the time, as they tend not to draw their dad. I know they are closer to me than their dad, or anyone else, and for the love I get, being a pen drawing is a small sacrifice
@beenice2 (2482)
When my kids was younger I had time to cumb my hair only once in the morning,for the rest of the day, well, just to bad if my hair are not right but that didn't matter for me,let's go through the day that way and they'll like me the same.
You have been a mummy for 6 and a half years, and now you"re surprised that you don’t look like it before. Good for you. It"s amazing that you are not constructed from the blue felt pen anymore. Yes, you won’t believe that once in your life you"ve looked like that. Now, forget what you look before and maintain yourself now so as not to be stress. Be confident.
Even before I became a mother, almost nine and a half years ago, I was still never a girl that was really a girly girl. I was one that would wear makeup for dates, but not for work or for hanging out with friends. I was and still am a person that wears a lot of jeans and sweaters. I don't think that I would ever be able to draw a decent self-portrait, but I would be someone that didn't look extremely happy and I would also be a heavy-set person because that is what my view of myself is.
@wydtron (302)
• Portugal
I don't get what are you trying to say. Are you looking for a complement? Please be more expecific about the subject :) . Hope i helped bro
@NailTech (6890)
LOl, I'm not even sure if I understand this discussion but still find it hilarious for some reason. I'm sure you are not a stick person with a triangular body in real life. As for me I would have a stick body and a fully round body as I have been gaining weight again. I do hope you can find some me time in with your hectic mummy life and get some R & R at times, it is tough being a mom.
@Dhongda (41)
Being a mother isn't an easy thing. We always care about our children 120% more than we care about other. It's the same with my mother too. I'm not a mother yet. But I can see my mother always care about my father, my sister, and I. She never thinks about herself and always work hard for my family. I agree that sometimes mothers should take a free day. They should go shopping and hang out with friends. It's a free day when you can do anything that you like without thinking of anything.