What's going on there?

So this time of the year the two things people get most excited about are Spring Break and March Madness. I'm not really big on March Madness, but then again I don't follow a lot of college basketball. And I don't fill out any brackets and bet in any pools. I also don't go to school, so there is no spring break to celebrate. The woman checking me out in the grocery store today was psyched because she was going on spring break next week to see some of her friends. Ah,youth. I sound so old! So what's big in your neck of the woods? Anything special going on? Any events or holidays coming up that are nationally recognized? They had a statistic yesterday on the radio that the day before March Madness (the NCAA basketball tournament) began, was the day with the most vascetomies in the U.S. performed. Because you have to take a day off after that, so that way guys can stay home on the first day of the tournament. I thought that was hilarious.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
That really is very funny! Nothing much happening here in the U.K. except they have Mothering Sunday at the ned of Marcch instead of May. Nothing to report re me either. Still a time bomb who cannot get a date for surgery. Continue praying my friend.
Oh cynthiann, I am so glad to see you..I have been praying for you and I had no updates on what was happening..So you can't get a date for the surgery? My prayers are also continuing...
Definitely praying for you and worrying about you too!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
How I love you guys! It is beurocracy at its best. I saw the Cardiologist at great cost but two probems. One I am not a good candidate for open heart surgery - in other words the odds are that I will not survive. Secondly I would need it have this done on the National health as I cannt afford to have this done privately. The problem is, is that I do not have a health number and need to be registered with a Dr and get a letter of referral to the cardilogist. Yesterday, I did register, with great trepidation and was told that I was not eligible for any benefits unless I had been here for a year. I also have to prove that I have reurned to live permanently in the U.K So far, there have not found my original health number. Once I get the number - hopefully next week - then I am going to another Dr. in another district who has agreed to write a letter of referral for me. He as found by a good Jamaican friend of mine who is a Priest. very close friend to my family. But it is all taking time and \\i do not have much time. Remeber they only gave me a few weeks. I walk daily but notice that I am walking much more slowly and have to rest a lot. I have reached the stage where I constantly repent throughout the day and have placed my life in the hands of God. His will be done not mine. Having sais that I have not given up hope and am still positive that surgery will be done. The surgery will probably be four or five angioplasties. The artery that is 100 percent blocked cannot be repaired in any way. I do have the joy of spending much time with my third son who has been and is magnificent. Am so proud of him. He came from a Banana Farm and is now a General Manager of a Hotel in London. My daughter will be here in two weeks and will be staying for 2 weeks over her Easter break and this will be good. Then my wonderful DIL is leaving Qatar with the twins and relocating to London as my GD is losing sight in one eye. This can be reversed so that this is all happening in my family - crisis after crisis. It will be lovely to see DIL and twins and hopefully the first son will come for a week to see his family. Can't get online much as she-who-must-be=obeyed hogs the computer. She is having her nails done so I have an hour! lol Bless you both and all the othe rmylotter's too who are prying for me. I need a miracle!
No, nothing much here in Ohio. The only thing I can think of off hand is St. Patricks day which is tomorrow. My daughter looks forward to this every year and going downtown to see the parade and have some fun...even though she's not Irish, lol! She's been doing this for years. Then comes Easter of course which many people are looking forward to. All I can say is I'm just lovin this weather here, it's in the 60s-70s all week, woohoo! I actually heard an Ice Cream truck driving down my street just a few minutes ago with his funny little ice cream truck music. That's certainly crazy to hear in March.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
The children have spring break, and I may take them to Disneyland. Other than that, not much. I'm not much into basketball either.
It is spring so Baseball is starting and hockey is ending.
I love my baseball!
Opening Day is not too far away.
I'm so psyched.
We got married in March. Went to San Antonio, and so did the final four, but we went to visit the Alamo instead. that is funny about the Vasectomies.
@katsmeow1213 (29044)
We have a big university nearby, and they've been in the Final Four quite a few times, and even won the NCAA tournament once or twice.. so naturally that's the big thing around here as long as they're in it. Once they're not in it anymore it's like the tournament is over. Other than that, not much else big happening here except for people getting excited about the warmer weather and their hobbies like boating, golf, or whatever else they do. I'm not much into anything at all. I like the warmer weather but don't have any serious hobbies.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I not only am getting spring break, but a summer one as well. I didn't have enough to take a class this spring, so I am going to have a lot of time to revise my story and hopefully get it submitted before I start classes again this fall..Is that exciting enough????
@jillhill (37383)
I also saw that! LOL......what a way to spend your day off....and some places were even including a bag of frozen peas to put on the area! LOL....this weekend to mark the first sign of spring is I am doing the spring craft sale at our mall and this nice weather is killing our business! We were all praying for some rain today as yesterday you could have shot a cannon through the mall!! Pray for rain please! Either today or tomorrow....one day of it is just fine! LOL
It's really cloudy and windy today here.
@pergammano (7755)
The IDES of MARCH..are reeking havoc in my neck of the woods, so there is NOT a lot of excitement, other than these questions; How much damage did the wind do? Is your power on yet? Curling is almost over...dratz! I am not the least interested in Basketball...Curling/Hockey is my winter schtick, Baseball my summer love, and guess what Ambie...this summer I am actually going to play on our "Slo-Pitch Mixed League!" I haven't played for 20+ years...so I have actually signed up at the local gym (it is so teeny, but what do you expect on a small Island)...Spring training camp..LOL!! The end of March is a bit of a celebration for me...I will be eligible for both my Canadian Pensions...and plan on treating myself to a salon haircut..Whoopdee do, eh? That's a treat to me, I can't remember my last salon do! And I am taking myself to the City, for an overnite...so I can go to my favourite Japanese restaurant...as they have a HUGE smorgasbord on Sat. nite's! NOT often I spend on me...so this is a big deal, to me....!
FAR TOO funny...Ambie, here I am complaining about the Ides of March...and Ol' Man Winter dumps a load of snow on us..April Fool's Day! A real dump...and disappeared in about 3 hours! Are you watching the World Curling Championships...little bragging rights here...Canada, as you yesterday..8 straight wins. Thank you sooooo kindly, for the BR!
@megamatt (14327)
Auction season around this neck of the woods. The really big ones at least. Of course, over the past couple of years, auctions tend to be a rather hit and miss thing. Mostly its getting more and more like the useless junk that people don't want. Then again, you'd be surprised with what people are going to collect. One man's trash is another person's treasure after all and that is something that is very true with collectors. Also a few garage sales as well but really more of the same. If you are willing to dig right through the muck and find some gold, that is. Which many people aren't, but you never know when you're going to find some deals. I found some really old comic books there, which was something that I'm pleased with. Mostly I'm just rather enjoying the nice weather and hoping that the spring months bring something that is grand.