My daughter wants to break my tv..

I have a 40 inch in the bedroom a 19 inch was in her room and the I think 4o something in the living room. she change the biggest tv and put it in her room and put the little one in the living room. I told her I need to move the tv back and that she could use my 40 in her room. she said,she does not want that tv in her room. why can't you tke that in the living room. so,trying not to fight i was honest. I said,if I don't move that tv back to the living room adrian is taking it back to his house. so she said,we are all trifling and asked me to leave her alone. I don't have a problem with the tv being in her room it is just that he bought it and I don't want to argue with either of them.. so,now she said,she feels like slamming the tv on the darn floor.
It is okay for her to say how she feels, but it is not okay for her to do it. Maybe saying how she feels will be enough. In one of your other discussions you asked for help with her, but it is a build up over the years of not being tough with her and making her be responsible and do what is right. If she breaks it, she should go to jail. Since she will not be able to visit with your mom and give you a break, then you need to call CPS and ask if there is an option for respite care. That is where there are people who are willing to give stressed persons a break by having the underage child in the home. I wish family could help you, but it probably will not work, so the respite care thing is the best choice I can think of. I do not know if they will do it since she is so old, and I do not know the laws in your state.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Respite care is not a bad idea. The persons to whom she would go would most likely be used to strange and outlandish behavior and maybe would not put up with it and make her own up to her behavior, atleast around them. Either way it'd be a rude awakening and impact on her. That is what the girl needs, she needs to smell the coffee before she wakes up and it's too late.
I am hoping that there is something available for Sharon so that she can get some peace of mind.
I am just waiting for her to get her check and move out. I know cps told me they would take me to court if I called them again so i will not be calling them. I am fine right now and all is going well. I just walked away and went to my neighbor. I will alk away if anything else happens as well. I feel like she is going to suffer in her own way and time.
Well some one needs a reality check. It is your home you are in correct? There fore it doesn't matter what she wants it is your home, your items and she needs to show you some respect. How are you feeling by the way?
I wanted so bad to come here and talk with her so I did. I could not talk to her becuase she got so upset over the tv and that was enough for me. I will leave shortly and come back another day.
Perhaps if you can get her to talk to you with a mediator. A pastor that does counselling or therapist. Sometimes families need help getting what they need to say out in a healthy way.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
If she wants a bigger t.v. for her room she needs to go out and get herself a job or find a way to make the money so she can get herself a bigger t.v. It's your propery not hers to be messing with.
That is what adrian was upset about. I got it and now I am fine with it. she figured since I don't stay here she can take the bigger one.
I think that the largest television in a house needs to be the one that is in the living room. That is how it is at our house and how it has always been. We have a 46" television in our living room, then each of the two kids have 19" televisions in their rooms. My husband and I don't have a television in our room because we decided that was something that we just didn't need. Now, I think that your daughter is disrespecting you by not leaving things in your house the way that you would like for them to be.
My feeling is that your daughter can have whatever television she bought with her own money in her room. She didn't buy any of them? Oh, then I guess that she doesn't get a say, now does she? Personally, I don't believe in giving children televisions for their bedrooms--regardless of the age of the child. If the kid has her/his own money and makes such a purchase, that is a different matter.
It sounds to me like its time to practice some tough love. How old is your child anyhow? You really need to put your foot down and stop letting her run all over you. If I was presented with a situation such as your I would walk straight in her room and take the tv and put it back in the living room. I will tell you as I tell my own daughter. You are the parent, you do not ask, you tell. They do not argue, they do. Another good idea is to get your daughter into counseling if her behavior continues.
@carolscash (9500)
If you are going to allow her to have the large tv in her room, does it really matter which one it is? It does sound like you are being a little bit too particular on this and that you should just learn to pick what battles are important? I have learned that the mess in my daughter's bedroom is not important and that I have to pick what I feel is the most important to me. Her behaviour is more important that what tv is in her room if you let her have a big tv anyway.
@winterose (39918)
I hate to say this I don't want to hurt you but your daughter is a spoiled brat,
@Runite (307)
She's just a darn spoiled child, TVs are expensive as hell. Tell her how lucky she is that she even has one.
She's being a brat, isn't she. It's his TV and he has every right to have it where he wants it.
Oh, your daughter is so spoiled. Don’t stop convincing her and let her understand that Adrian would take it back in his home. 40 inches tv is wider anyway. If she still argues with you, cook a food for her that she loves the most and speak to her. I hope she will be convinced.
She sounds like a spoiled brat, to me. In our house we have ONE 20 inch older TV, and it's in the living room. None in the bedroom, just ONE TV. When I was a kid, I got a nice 14 inch older TV for Christmas (1993) and I loved it. She should feel lucky to have a TV in her room at all....case closed!
@hotsummer (10436)
How old is your daughter anyway. I just wonder why she behaves like that
Oh my goodness. She does want to say some hurtful things. I hope she will get in and get some help too.
@alberello (4755)
To be honest, I do not watch TV ever. And I would be just the first to break into the house, slamming it on the floor. All this while my family, spend hours and hours in front of the television set. When eating in my house, no one talks anymore! My father, staring at the screen and remote control in hand. My mother sat on the couch in the evening, is always some drama to watch. Now to talk about your case, changing very topic I think you two should come to an agreement so that peace may reign in your house, and do not be family quarrels.
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
You really have to stop with this. Yes you do bother that your daughter took your tv! It's yours. She can have the small one or no one at all. If she wants a big tv she can buy one herself! She should be happy she is allowed to stay in your home. She has no respect for you at all, is abusing you in every way. Kick her out and start your life now!
Oh, that's not good. If she wants a bigger tv sets then she should buy one for herself.