A Trip Worth Tripping

I have an important event in May. Me and friends are going to go swimming in a remote resort. I'm thinking twice joining them here because I have a tight budget. I have to pay for the bills and other miscellaneous stuff, and I don't wanna bring my family down by not offering financial help. The trip will cost over Php6,000.00 and this doesn't include the pocket money, and I haven't saved anything yet. My salary next cut-off will determine if I'll still go, or if I'll stay instead because I've been rendering overtime work for extra cash. I'm hoping my money next cut-off will be enough for the bills, etc... and the payment for the trip. It's still in May so I still have plenty of time to save up for pocket money for whatever I wanna do there. Saving money really is hard to do, especially if you have too much in your wallet.
@ybong007 (6658)
If you'll consult suze orman chances are she'll tell you you've just been denied. But if you ask me, why not grab the chance to go with this trip, that is, if you think you'll regret not going with your friends for the rest of your life. But if you think that there's always a second time then I think going for the second chance and saving all those 6k for more important stuff is the way to go.
I think there would be a "next time", although it would be next year. I don't wanna wait that long. I'd have to figure something out if I really wanna come to this event.
I try to save money and my child ends up getting it all. I found I still don't have enough to save after paying the bills. I am getting a job soon and I will be putting away something every pay day.
I guess family always comes first, except maybe if your whole family is made up of race car drivers. I bet saving up for the whole trip is worth it since this is the first time we're doing this.