would you like to have plastic surgery...

I was looking at a few people who made a wrong choice in doing this and ruined themselves. I would like to have my belly done but will never do it. the scar would not be something I could live with. I have keloid skin and would never wear a swim suit after that. what would you like to have done..
There is nothing I would want to have done. I am aging pretty gracefully. I would like to lose some weight, and I know that would leave me with some saggy skin, perhaps. That might be something I would have taken care of, if I ever lost the weight.
@merci322 (29)
Cosmetic surgery has gotten completely out of control. When I was a teenager I wanted to "fix" my face so it was more camera and audience friendly, since I wanted to perform. I'm so glad I did not make a permanent decision like this. I miss the days of watching a movie where you don't find the main character especially attractive at the beginning of the film, but by the end of the film you've fallen in love with them & all of their unique characteristics! Now more than 50% of Hollywood seems to have the same face which looks plastic, like a Barbie doll, not a human. It doesn't look realistic at all to me. It makes me appreciate the beauty of those around me, and thankful their vanity didn't take them to a ridiculous extreme. Not just with nips and tucks, overly laser- treated skin looks weird to me too. That said, I'd love some cosmetic dentistry, ha ha. Those porcelain veneers look great.
@MandaLee (3695)
No, I would not. I am happy with how the Lord made me.
I have seen some scarey stuff and stories about plastic surgery gone wrong.I have a long scar across my lower abdomen that is really ugly. I would like to liposuction, a breat perk up, vericose veins taken away, and the stomach done. I really need it all. THat'll be the day. Money would help.
@sid556 (31006)
Actually, as much as part of me would love to improve myself, I've seen enough botch jobs that the thought of it really kind of scares me. Also I have this little hang up about "looking good" because of surgery. Artificial good looks for some reason are a turn off for me...not sure why. I don't want to be liked for superficial reasons so i wouldn't make sense for me to do something like that.
@andy77e (5165)
Oh how I wish more people how that attitude toward 'artificial beauty'. It kind of reminds me of this Japanese Anime I saw, where the super 'hot chick' was a robot. It's FAKE... people. FAKE. Not "real", you know? Are you in love with a real person or a fake robot that looks good? "Duh robot!" -dumb guy. Gahhh! *SMACK*
@sid556 (31006)
That's funny, Andy and yet portrays exactly how I feel about it.
@MissPiggy (1751)
I would love to be thinner, but I would never do any plastic surgery to make it come true. I would do healthy diet so when I get really thinner, I would still be healthy. I would not do anything that can hurt my body even though it is to make it prettier. But I'm pretty, just the I am. :D
@MissPiggy (1751)
Oops..I mean just the way I am. Lol.
@andy77e (5165)
I'm more worried about the condition of a persons heart, than a scar. When you place your trust in how you look, you will always be disappointed. Looks will fade in time, no matter what you have done. If my wife truly wanted plastic surgery, or any kind of cosmetic surgery, I would require that she consider this, and pray about this, for at least 6 months to a year. During that time, I would make it plane to her that I married *HER* and not her body. However, I would also not prevent her from doing it, and would support her (provided we had the money for whatever it was). I'm supposed support and comfort my wife, not stifle her choices. But I would make it clear I would stand by her side without the surgery. That said, I would also point out that all surgery has a risk. All of it does. There is always the chance that you could end up worse. Some actors and actresses have had surgery and then deeply regretted it. Sometimes, even removing something you find unattractive, ends up taking away from the uniqueness of who you are.
@sid556 (31006)
Yes! Remember that model with the gap between her teeth? She'd been turned down by so many because of it and told she'd never model unless she got that fixed. And then she got discovered by just the right person and ended up being a top model and stood out and shined because of that gap. Good attitude about being supportive of your wife, by the way!
@asliah (11149)
hi, if i have a chance to have a surgery i will,because i know that only surgery can really change the look of it,and the part what i want is my nose because there are some acne hole that did not remove so this is what i want to make a surgery.
@garson (886)
Many of us would think twice of getting a plastic surgery since the cost to get one is about in the range of thousands of dollars. At least it is not cheap. The ones that usually subscribe to it are many celebrities since they can afford one. I would like to have one, but I would not be getting one anytime soon since it would cost a lot or I may not get one ever. It comes down to the idea whether it is necessary. Getting a plastic surgery should occur if it is for the benefit of health overall. For example, there was a reconstructive surgery done on a person who lost part of his face. You might heard about this one in the last week or two. A guy lost his face to a bullet. Just imagine living with his kind of face for about 12 years. What this guy had was more than a plastic surgery.
For me, plastic surgery is not really something that I would ever consider doing. The reason that I would not consider having plastic surgery is because of the fact that I am not a person that is completely addicted to looking extremely attractive. With that said, there was a time in my life when plastic surgery was something that my parents considered for me. You see, when I was eight years old I was involved in an accident that resulted in my ankle being broken and then having to have surgery to repair the bones in my ankle. That resulted in a large scar that covers almost all of my ankle. It had really bad keloids soon after the surgery and my parents did consider plastic surgery. However, the plastic surgeon that my parents consulted with advised that it wouldn't be a really good idea because of the fact that I was so young and that my scars would signifcantly fade over time.
@chertsy (3805)
If I could afford plastic surgery, I would go for it. I would have a tummy tuck, lazer hair removal. I don't know if I would worry to much about a scar. Since my stomach already looks like a road map thanks to my two kids. I know that the scar would be at the bikini line, so when I wore a bathing suit, it wouldn't be noticeable. It would be wonderful not having to shave ever again. Like I said, If I could afford it, I would.
@jdyrj777 (6558)
I can totally live with what God gave me.
@ckciasigurl (1570)
• Vienna, Austria
hi giftsanbagscom i don;t like to have a plastic surgery maybe because there are people a lot of experience on having plastic surgery some are successful but some are not, im contented on what God gave me and im happy about that.
@Cherish14 (2695)
hi there, my boyfriend got a keloid too in his chest and his parents decided to have them fixed by a doctor. the doctor said it will be a 50/50 chance = the surgery will make it look better by making it flat and lighten it or might make it look worse. the outcome was, it just got worse. it got wider and it doesn't look good. i feel bad for my boyfriend i just tell him to buy a scar remover for it, to flatten it for a little bit and lighten the scarring. well i was thinking about that too, but then i think about those people who just made themselves look even worse. and also my boyfriend doesn't like it when i think about those hehehe he tells me always that i am beautiful so i think that is already enough.
@Matpunk85 (1066)
Plastic surgery is dangerous and can destroy our body. I don't like to look at people that think to be more beautiful, but in reality they are worst than before. I like natural body because are little defects that make interesting a person.
No I do not think I would to look better but I have a few things for medical reasons I will probably do later. I have severe scarring in my nose from polyps that have had to be removed. I will need work done to my nose which will result in needing to change my nose some. I have been putting it off for several years but I am almost to the point of one side being completely blocked.
@lakantar (1575)
• Greece
Well I could only do a plastic surgery to fix a nasty scar or something. I could think of me stretching my face or my body :)
I still prefer the beauty that god gave us. I think there are side effects when having plastic surgeries coz I have read reports about this, doctors malpractice. But I don't know if those best plastic surgeons provides us with no side effects.
@balasri (26554)
I will subnit myself under the scalpel only if improves my bank balance.If it doesnt help me to have more money it is a no no only.Nothing matters in this world including our own looks as long as we have loads of dough.
no , i would not opt for it. I respect my life and whatever has happened to me in my past life , i have no regrets of any kind. i have injuries, however i don't think i need to hide them. That's god's way of reminding me of my failures and success and seeing them helps me to understand the importance of life