Themes I want Idol to explore

Calgary, Alberta
I dont like Genre oriented themes cos it screws up singers who are not meant for those genres, so I dont like "country week" "rock week" "RNB week" tributes to singers are cool though. I like the decade themes too. anyway here are some themes I want Idol/X-factor to do on their future season that they never did before. 1.original song week-a lot of contestants write songs, but never get to show that talent cos they have to cover songs week after week after week. we need a week where they can fully show their capability as artist. for the singers who cant write songs, just give them an original material to sing. 2. One song- all contestants will sing a single song, they will have it arranged depends on their taste and creativity. Imagine different versions of 1 song in one night. 3. TV themesongs- well movie themesongs had been done before... 4. Foreign Language week- a lof of hit singers recorded a foreign language song at certain point of their career. so yeah the contestants will sing a non english song. 5.Unreleased songs week- Most popular singers have 8 to 12 songs on their album, out of those 8 to 12 songs only 2 to 5 are released as singles. I think many idol contestants manage to sing unreleased songs before and it turned out good, some failed though. 6.Viral songs week- You know those songs that became viral from youtube... 7.Duet week- This is long over due, the contestants will be temporarily paired up and perform duets, tehyw ills till be judged individually though. 8,karaoke week- I think a certain Idol franchise in europe once make the contestants "impersonate" their favorite singers, complete with hair, costume and,make-up....
@luisaR (452)
I was thinking what else aside from what u have said, but u named it all. I think that would be cool.;-)
• Calgary, Alberta
How about some singers you wanted them to paid tribute at least, just to make your response relevant and not useless.
@luisaR (452)
wow so mean. ok, i will never forget ur name and never to response on any of ur discussion. smart asss
@luisaR (452)
eat ur topic.
@lady1993 (14088)
I like your ideas, especially the original song and one songs. I have heard many version of 1 songs, but usually one of them stands out, and it's not the original. The show could've done a lot more to show how talented the singers are, maybe thy are just lazy and keep doing the same thing every year.
• Calgary, Alberta
the producer of Idol opened a twitter account so fans can suggest theme and stuff, I dont know what is account though. I heard that the producer considered a "humming week"
You've got some great ideas. I wonder if American Idol has a suggestion box. I don't know if you watched Idol tonight or not but the kids really did a great job. There all so good. I think my favorite was Elise. She did a really difficult Led Zeppelin song and it was such a great fit for her. Colton was good too, as always. Jessica was predictably wonderful and other than that...I don't know who will be the last person standing. When we get a little bit closer to the end it might become more obvious.
• Calgary, Alberta
You know reality show producers should hire me on their creative team cos I am drowning with ideas. I already flooded their facebook page with ideas. [b][/b] I think Unique themes will save us from oversanged songs. i think they have a British invasion theme before, what do you think of a Canadian invasion theme,Many Canadian singers invaded the US charts, they need some tribute.