My phone turns off by itself even though battery is full , weird.

@deodavid (4150)
Hi there guys, Well i have mentioned here that I do have a new phone which is a Nokia 500, and it is great great features, and great capabilities i really love the Bluetooth texting that i can do in laptop. But problem is that, lately I've been noticing that the phone tends to die off after just a one day. The thing is this is brand new and this phone is discharged properly and recharged properly so i really am worried cause this is new not even 2 months old. Any suggestions?
@lakantar (1575)
• Greece
Maybe the battery isn't making a well contact causing it to shut down. But as soon as you have a warranty you should take it to the shop you got it from.
@deodavid (4150)
Hey there lakantar, Sad part is that this phone came from the middle east where my father bought it from, i love the phone but the battery really suck i can just bad an original battery but i want my phone checked for further issues so i guess i just have to bite the gamut and just have it consulted on for a fee in Nokia. Thanks for the advise my friend.
@lakantar (1575)
• Greece
Hm. That's a little tricky then. You are not losing anything if you go to a nokia shop and see if you can find a way out. Other than that paying a mailing fee would surely be less than paying for a brand new phone :)
@deodavid (4150)
good point, don't worry about it I think the dannnggged problem is by just the charging i got it checked out and the tech said that the phone and battery is okay but the charger is, not good so i got a new and no more problems.
I think you can have free repais from the shop where you buy the phone. Don't try to repair the phone by yourself. It will make chance by your repais. So it think you can give it for nokia care
@deodavid (4150)
I guess so trouble is that it was bought overseas by my father so i guess I'll just have to charge it well and see if i can have the phone repaired in Nokia care for a price i hope it will be cheap though.
Yes it is little cheap as compared to other repairing shops
@chiyosan (29388)
i think you are going to have a problem with your battery then. i guess you have not been able to charge it properly the first time you bought it.. but i guess that is because the battery is already damaged from the beginning because not charging it properly is not going to make it show such issues earlier than usual.
@deodavid (4150)
i did the proper initial charging protocol, i've already had it looked at and they said the charger is the issue so i bought a new one and no more problems, i guess my dad should bring that back to the middle east once he comes back home i'll make him make the distributor give me a new charge.
@nezavisima (7423)
• Bulgaria
if you have a warranty for this phone and just refer you better. emnogo this strange new after doing so. more clearly with the purchase was a failure. but if there is no guarantee you can not take you to fix it in some center. nice day!
@deodavid (4150)
HI there nez, Well mine does have warranty but the issue is that my phone was bought abroad and so i cannot use the warranty of it here in my country, anyway i plan on bringing my phone to Nokia center of course I'll just a have to pay for the repair or battery replacement. Thanks for commenting Nez.
@sajeevking (5035)
• Mumbai, India
as the phone is new take it to the nokia customer service center and get it fixed probably the battery must be fault. don't try to to fix it up on your own if its still under the warranty
@deodavid (4150)
Yeah i guess that is the best option let the Nokia guys check it out, well problem is it was bought abroad and i don't think they will take care of Nokia bought over seas but i do plan to take it to Nokia i guess I'll just have to pay for the repair or change of battery. Thanks for the tip.