did you play the new york state lottery...

United States
March 30, 2012 8:41pm CST
as you know i am talking to those who live in the state of NY.. the lottery is going to be awesome tonight. there are a few millions and i think it is really in the billions by now. i plaid $5 and i did not pick any special numbers. just trying to be in it to get a chance. that would change the world for me. how about you..
4 people like this
7 responses
@inertia4 (27713)
• United States
31 Mar 12
I did play. It is now 640 million dollars. They said on the news that this is the largest lottery ever. I believe it. I would love to win that money, well, me and countless millions would love to win. Well, good luck with your ticket.
@Hatley (164484)
• Garden Grove, California
31 Mar 12
hi gifts wow in the billions, ours here is five hundref million now urt I did not have one lousy dollar so i could not buy the ticket from our activities director Yara.I sure wished I had had a dollar as yeah that much money would sure change my life lol lol loll Gosh Sharon if you won that what all the things you and kaykay could do wow.I hope you do but the odds I am s ure are astronomical in chances for you to win.
@carolbee (16241)
• United States
31 Mar 12
I did invest $20 to play the lottery last night. Last I heard it was up to $640 million. There has been a winner which was announced this morning on the news. I had the winnings all spent. Knew exactly what I was going to buy, give to our kids and donate. It didn't happen, imagine that! Little over a year ago I did win a nice amount on the lottery. I picked my own numbers and all 5 numbers were mine but missed the powerball. I shared with our kids, spent some and invested the balance. It was so exciting. The winner from last night, from Maryland, will be delighted however there are other issues that will arise. Taxes are a killer.
@carolbee (16241)
• United States
31 Mar 12
Since I posted this comment there have been 3 winners each matching all 5 numbers and the mega ball. They will split over 200 million dollars. Nice.
• United States
31 Mar 12
It was the Mega Millions lottery and you could buy tickets in New York and many other states too. I guess in some states, at some places, people were lined up a long ways just to buy a ticket! Wow, I certainly wouldn't have the time in my day to wait in line that long. I like to take my chance on the lottery and casino games from time to time, but I didn't this time around. I figure my chances are extremely slim. I am more apt to play games where the odds are not so great. However, I am sure whoever won last night is extremely excited. Congratulations to them! Winning the lottery would definitely change my life. The first thing I would do is pay off all my debts, then buy some things I have wanted, and help out family members. I really don't think I would quit my job though, not right away anyway.
@allen0187 (33949)
• Philippines
31 Mar 12
hi gifts. me and my friends from another forum were actually talking about this one. the megamillion jackpot now stands at 645 million. if no one wins the lottery this time out, the jackpot next draw grows to 945 million and if no one wins that one, the jackpot will hit a billion!!! imagine that! anyway, there is a 3% chance that no one wins this draw as almost 97% of all possible combinations have been bought. i would say that there would be multiple winners this draw, hard to see that there can only be one with all those combinations bought. anyway, never played the lottery in my life. played those scratch cards before but that was that. i know a lot of people feel that the lottery is their 'quick way to riches' but i respectfully disagree. i understand that buying $1, $5, $10,or $20 worth of tickets is nothing to other people. office pools contributed $100 each to participate in this one. some athletes and other well-known personalities have also posted in their twitter and facebook accounts that they bought $10,000 worth of lottery tickets. anyway, fact is ,studies and research show that the majority of lottery ticket buyers are the poor and low-income bracket families. to me,the lottery is nothing more than a regressive form of tax system done by the government. so to answer your question, no i didn't buy lottery tickets. perhaps during the next draw when no winner is declared this time out or better yet when the jackpot hits a billion dollars!!! lol! happy mylotting gifts!!! cheers!!!
@youless (93738)
• Guangzhou, China
31 Mar 12
This lottery is quite famous because of the big amount of money. I wish I could be in the US so that I could buy it. You wouldn't pay for much for it but at least you could have a dream and hope. Good luck! I love China
• Canada
31 Mar 12
No, because I live in Canada, and can't think of a way from playing the NY Lottery, from this side of the border.