I just got back from the store..

I found splenda on sale for $7.00 a bag and that was great. i bought two boxes of flavored tea on sale for $2 bucks too. i got 100 garbage bags for $9.00 they also had 80 bags for $11.49 what a rip off. I went to the freezer section and they had those little boxed sides for a buck each. i bought 7 for one meal each. that will be great. I I am going back shopping at walmart next week for some hot dogs and salads. I priced the protein and it was not on sale. i will wait till is goes on sale and buy the big bucket. i bought 9 big cans of ice tea mix when it was on sale for $3 bucks now i need to stop drinking them to get my sugar intake down. so i will take some to my sweetie pie to drink..I am now off to make a hot cup of tea with splenda. thanks for the help pq..
I'm proud of you Gifts! You did good. With your little tummy those meals will be plenty. I like them, but they aren't affordable to feed 3 people and Sean is a big eater when he comes home from work. He doesn't eat all day and comes home starving. sometimes he does eat at one of the stores he delivers to, but not always. We did the dollar store last night for some food to tie us over until Tuesday when I get paid.
I get my $40 food stamps next week and will stock up on more. thanks so much.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I am not much of a grocery shopper, not much of one when it comes to bargains. If I am shopping at the store I work at I usually wait until things are on sale. I need to save up and just do a big $300.00 order of things at walmart, that way I have plenty of food for a long while. There is a lady that came through my line one time with a big order of food. It was around $600.00 and she said that she just hates to go shopping, so she only goes once every few months. I buy hot tea every once in awhile and usually try to save the coupons for it that are on the box. I have a whole gallon of sweet tea I made, I hardly drink it because I don't seem to get the right amount of sugar in it, which in retrospect is a good thing.
I wish i could find some coupons for the teas i bought today. i will call the company and see what they offer.
@cher913 (25890)
once, a couple of years ago, when i was sick, my hubby went grocery shopping and over heard a lady who said she had to mortgage her house to go grocery shopping! of course, she was kidding, but soon enough it may happn to some with the way the price of food and necessities are going up! its crazy.
that is the case with most people now. my food bill is the next highest thing over my lights. that was why i was happy that i stopped buying all that meat. it is saving me money.