Are people too trusting...

There are people who just trust everyone in life. i was like this most of my life. i never felt i had a reason to not trust unless you gave it to me. I have been burned a few times when i trusted people with my life. I think i am doing better now with it all. I trust my man 100% and that took a long time but,he earned it. lol..
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I still trust and I think I always will. That being said I have some people or situations I just don't trust. I am cautious regardless, and if my trust is broken it takes a lot to get it back if ever.
that is just how it is with me too.
@TheIzers (680)
I am similar to you, sometimes my husband has to remind me to be little bit caution because everyone is different especially after he saw some of my friend run after I did favor for them.
like when i loaned a loser $300 to fix his mothers car he left me hanging. and when i loaned a friend $700 for an apartment and she ran and ignored her phone calls.
I'm like you. I have to get to know someone a while, see what kind of person they are, etc - before I can learn to trust people. I feel like I have been betrayed too many times by being naively trusting. Being slow to trust has it's downsides - I have probably passed by many good friendships and relationships due to my inability to fully trust (unless they earn it, like I said), but I feel like it's the smart way to go, to take a while before trust is established. I feel like it's the best way to go not to get your heart stompled on.
@512771751 (1096)
Yes, Time can make you trust one. Just as you say we don't have a reason to not trust a person, but time can make everything better.
I am more skeptic with people, because I become depressed when someone I trust ends up lying or talking behind my back, and so, I tend to put gap on someone for a very long time.
@oindy54 (3446)
Hi, I was a person who easily trusted others. I have been like that for the major years that I have lived till now. Just as you have said. However, I have suffered many times for this. I have thought people to be real friends or well-wishers when in reality they were backstabbers or wanting some harm to come to me. There are many whom I have known in life whom I have trusted but felt cheated later on. I cannot say that I have given up on that nature completely. It is still my instinct to trust somebody but I am a lot more careful now so that I do not trust blindly. I am trying to maintain a balance.
@asliah (11149)
hi, now a days its really hard to trust other people,even a friend is hard too,even to husband,but in a couple trust is the key to make a relationship very stronger,and i that was happen to me once.but still at least we tried to trust someone.
@JenInTN (27565)
I used to be very trusting too. I have met some very good people but I have also had people that have really put me through the wringer where the trust thing goes. I still trust but I am very choosy as to the people I let close enough to me to trust. I trust my b/f too. I came to a certain point in my life a long time ago where I figured if a man strayed...he was never mine in the first place so be it. Life would go on.
In general, I don't think that all people are too trusting, but I think that there are a lot of people that are too trusting and I know that I used to be one of those people that was too trusting. However, I am not one of those people anymore because I was burned pretty badly by someone that I thought was a friend of mine one and a half years ago. These days, I have absolutely no trust for people unless they prove to me that they deserve some kind of trust.
@megamatt (14332)
Sadly, I think that there are many people who are not only too trusting, but a lot of people who will deceive and use deceit know this all too well. Given the number of scams out there, and the fact that people tend to be falling for things that they really should have, or someone stabbing another person in the back. It is rather sad when it happens. Trust is something that is earned and I'll be honest, I sometimes act on the obsessively paranoid side, where I don't believe much of anything out there and don't take many people unless I absolutely trust them after proof, and it takes a long time to get there. But just because you are paranoid, that doesn't mean that there are not many people who are out to get you. And I've been proven so right with my lack of trust too many times.
@bonbon664 (3470)
I have been too trusting of people in the past, and yes, it ended up hurting me financially, and emotionally. I haven't stopped though, I'd still rather see the good in people, just with a little more caution. I don't want to stop helping people that need it though.
I hope Adrian never does anything to make you distrust him. I learned through several experiences that people aren't always what they say they are. I think we should all be able to trust our immediate family and not so much further out. Sad that life and people aren't as trusting as they used to be.
hi gifts I used to be but I married a man who was the ultimate cockeyed optimist who trusted every one even door to door sales people He taught me to be less trusting after he bought this super duper children's eating table, walker , etc with a plate guaranteed not to be able to be tossed by a toddler and broken. okay the plate lasted through half a meal before my little toddler made a frisbee ou of it. the chair part of the gizmo came apart and scared the bejabbers out of our little daughter so the seller comes around for the monthly payment and I quickly tell him I want our money back as the thing fell apart and the unbreakable dish broke immediately.I did get my full money back then the final one ,my husband comes in all full of joy,he had a man out in front to sell us a huge television set for only 200 dollars. like an idiot I gave him 200 dollars and he went out to the guy who had the television in the back of his pickup. He handed the money to the guy and told hm to wait as he had to go to the bathroom.oh myG the man took the money and drove off.goes to show you just do not trust strangers and ones selling something off their truck. we called the police who told us they were hot on this jerks trail and finally caught him but he had spent all the money.so I was out t wo hundred dollars. from then on I did not trust any stranger. I had to get to know them and have proof they were not phoneys. I am just a little bit more trusting but not much.