One day soon my daughter will learn to care.

She left here since yesterday morning and missed her modeling appointment. her registration papers are sitting here on the table. I gave her money to buy new shoes get her hair done and pay the fee to be in it. now what about my freaking money. i bet she does not have it being she is with that loser.. Boy people wonder why i feel the way i feel sometimes. With that bum she will never have anything going for herself. but,i am not going to say one thing to her.i want my money and she can go about her business.
I don't wonder why you feel the way you do sometimes. I wonder why you put up with as much as you do. He has probably used that money and I can only immagine on what. Maybe even part of the reason she stays with him is because she knows you don't like it. Kids!
I hope and pray she learns what this guy is really about soon and get over it before she gets pregnant and have his kids. I can see her busting her back to take care of him and that child.
WHat a life for her! I hope she learns soon too. She deserves better.
she is still gone with him and not once did she call me.
@carolscash (9500)
Your daughter has been allowed to do things that disrespect you way too long and she continues to do it because she knows that she can. I would never have given her the money in the first place knowing that she has issues with him and that is not very reliable. Once again, you have given this child money that she could be earning if she would work. DO NOT GIVE HER MONEY!! Until, she gets a job and does something to earn it, then she just won't have any. That is tough love, but it works. The loser will leave her if she is not supporting him!
@sid556 (31005)
Thank you Carol! that was my thoughts exactly when reading this! Why in the world did she give her the money ahead of time? I thought maybe I missed something. I would NOT have given her that money and expected any different from her given the track record.
I gave her the money because it was saturday and i thought i would be with adrian and not here to give it to her on sunday. I had no reason to think she was not going we went to buy new shoes and all for the event.
@MoonGypsy (4613)
if you gave her the money the, mommy, you shouldn't take it back. if it was a loan i can understand. perhaps you shouldn't put as much pressure on her to pay back the loan simply cause you are mad that he and she are getting back together again. i understand that you have to do tough love, though. if he is not good for her, i agree that you don't want to keep supporting that in any way. the only thing you can do is just wish her well, and let her know that you will be there for her, when things hit the fan. as long as she knows that, she will have to learn from her mistakes and make her own choices, just like all of us. good luck to you all.
I think she needs to STOP being a money tree for her daughter. Her daughter cannot be trusted to use the money for the purpose that it was given to her. I think a dose of tough love is in order here and let the girl work out her own problems without help from mom because she doesn't use the help properly. She uses her money as a money tree and picks her clean.
I stopped giving her all my money but this was for her future so i thought..
@ersmommy1 (12600)
This is another case of kids having to come to things on there own. Good for you for not saying anything. I doubt I'd be able to keep my mouth shut! lol I know I will have to with my kids when the time comes. I hope you get the cash back.
she will not get a dime more from me thats for sure. when she blows her check she will see all i did for her.
@beenice2 (2274)
Which king of leftover she hangs with, how old is he, does he work, yes she should have a real good man that can help her instead of make her beg for money.
@beenice2 (2274)
Is it him that make her ask for money, or make her spend her money on him?
I agree with what everyone else has said. You have a love-hate relationship with her. You love her because she's your child, but her behavior causes opposite feelings. You have less than 2 months til she's 18, she's on her own and the Bank of Mom is closed! If she can't go to school she needs a JOB, something that earns her a check and maybe some responsibility! Why are the bf's things there? I'd toss those right out the door, he doesn't belong there. You don't want him in your home so out his things go.
I put them out in the front if they get stolen i don't care. when he kicked in my window he did not think about me.
sharon this loser needs turning oiver to the police as the manage does not want him there that makes him trespassing and he can be tossed out, so maybe kay kay goes too well sorry charlie but soon she is on her own
he only way she is going to learn to care is if you kick her out of the nest alltogether. Quit giving her stuff, and quit taking some of the responsibility. She needs to be completely on heown. My step-daughter didn't learn a damn thing until I convinced her father to close his damn wallet!
That's what I was thinking too!
I can't kick her out till she is 18 years old.
No, you won't ever see that money again. No, she won't do anything with her life if she is with him. Since it is your home, you may feel free to dispose of anything in it that doesn't belong there--including your daughter's boyfriend's clothing. I know that I certainly would.
I put that bag out in the front of the house. i hope someone steals it.
@sid556 (31005)
I am not at all surprised and neither should you be. Rather than stress over this as it won't do you any good and it is not going to bring your money back, I hope you learn from it. You need to stop giving her money. Instead, you should have taken her to get the shoes and then taken her to her hair appt. and paid the fee to be in the show yourself. If you did not have the time to sit around with her then you could have gone in and paid ahead of time for these things and if she didn't show, at least you could have gotten your money back. How much did you lose?
I went to get the shoes with her and her man showed up so i left. the hair supplies I could have bought if it were on my mind because I was in the town with the store there. after the loser showed up i was done and left her.
@blue65packer (11835)
Time to disown your daughter. as long as she is dating that loser she will never give a crap about you. Right now it seems the loser is more important and nothing else. If you don't you will end up in the hospital again and we know you don't want that!
Next month she is getting her lawsuit and moving out. I will distance myself from her at that time. he will be going to jail for 10 months so she will be most likely looking for me to be there. I am so pissed with her.
Hi Gifts, since you know what your daughter does, this should not be a shock to you. I think I would handle things a bit differently with her. I don't think I would hand her money for anything, because she will likely spend it on something other than your intended purpose. If anything, I think I would pay for whatever it is she wants, OR I would not hand out money at all and give her a little tough love. I'd let her know that I wouldn't help her with anything as long as she is with that loser because she lies and mususes the money you give her. I'd just be done with it and not give her a red cent as long as she cannot be trusted. let her earn your trust back. That's just my thoughts on the matter, Gifts... I don't know the situation, but I think you are just throwing good money after bad and it is not even appreciated.
That is just what it is and she will learn one day. the good thing is next month she will get her lawsuit and be moving out by june. so, wish me luck.
@CTHanum (8254)
I can understand your situation since you as her mother you could not see her penniless and wanted to help her but I am pretty sure she was not that grateful and never see what you have done for her or she realized about it but she just does not care about your feeling..You can have a talk with her telling her that you are being strict for now on and not going to help her anymore. She need to learn that..
@beenice2 (2274)
Is there any strong figure in your house that would look up to, your husband or somebody that if she doesn't pay attention about you and your feeling well there is surely somebody that will make her listen to what has to be said and will wake up from her dream land.
Hi. I cannot imagine how hard to have a child like yours. I just hope she would learn someday. Maybe if she would experience something that she would regret someday, that's the only time she'll learn how she should live her life.
@longbangod (1791)
Oh that's sad news. I hope that she will really learn to do the right thing in her decisions. In the Philippines it's not the usual thing to happen. We are still a bit conservative that's why girls don't just easily leave their home unless when there is a very strong reasons. Anyhow I am wishing for the best for you and your daughter. Just pray for her and soon everything will be alright.
Wow, your daughter does sound very selfish right now and it reminds me of how I once treated my parents. I did not care about them at all and frankly I hated both of them. All they ever did was what they thought was best for me. I only share this to say that somewhere in my mid twenties I started to realize that my parents deserved a lot better than the treatment I had given them through my teenage years. I am now forty and it hurts me to think of the money I wasted and the lies I told them during my selfish time. As you title suggests, one day your daughter will learn to care. Live Free!
sharon she is not yet of age so perhaps you co uld use some leverage some way to get her to q uit with that sorry excuse for a man she is wasting her time on.I know how you feel and why does she throw away the chances you have given her? Have you really come down hard on her about the loser,you are so kind hearted but this time get tough , tell her she is going down the wrong sorry damned road with that cretin. I dont know mayhbe when he beat on her he jarred her common sense loose. lol no ask for your money back , d emand it back and tell her she is nogt yet of legal age and you can force her to leave that lout no good louser.Karen you are so afraid to hurt her damned feelings but s he walks all over you ,hurt them if it will stop her screwing up her y oung life.