My friend got approved for medicaid..

I met her when I went to the hospital. She had no insurance so after getting out she did not have medication. so,I went with her to social services to apply for medicaid. after a few hours I had to leave her. but,later I called and she got approved. so,in four weeks she will get her meds. She keeps vomiting because she can't get her pills. so she vomited 8 times out my car window as I drove on the parkway. My mother gave me ten of her pills and I went back to take them to her house. she went from wearing a 2 to now wearing a zero. and those are too big for her. I felt bad for her.
@kingparker (9698)
It is so sad that in U.S. so many people are still without insurance, due to the expensive price of it. I felt so bad for those people, and I felt so bad about this system. Luckily, your friend got approved from the medicaid, otherwise, it will hard for her if she got sick. Somehow, we have to make this health insurance affordable to the massive public.
She is very happy about it as well. thanks so much.
@laken02 (3067)
wow sounds like she has some serious issues going on, thank God she got the medical card.. and can get her mediaction, i take medication as well and i can not do without it, we have good insurance thru my hubbys work but the medication immon is still expensive ot is 60.00 a month suppply and that 's with my insurance wothout insurance i would not be able to afford it at 500.00 .. wow.. sometimes i get good prices on meds like my folic acid pills were less then a dollar.. so im glad we got his good insurnce.. and glad i got my pt job to help pay my 60.00 monthly meds.. i hope your friend gets better i will say a prayer,,
I wonder why she waited so long to apply?
I feel sorry for her, it is so sad to hear how people in the US still don't have access to medical insurance. I think that everyone should have access to medication, no one should be denied treatment and medicines...
@sid556 (31005)
Gifts, forgive my blondness which I'm sure you are used to by now but I'm so confused by this.How did your mom come to have this girls pills? What is wrong with this girl that she keeps vomiting and losing so much weight? Ok I re-read this. Your mom gave you some pills to give to her? So your mom is taking the same kind of meds that this girl needs? I agree that it is sad that someone has to suffer because they can't afford the medicines they need. I work full time and I can't afford to step foot in the doctors office and I'd be devestated if I had to be on meds because I know they are so very expensive. I have a friend that just got diagnosed with MS and her meds are so expensive that even with insurance she is paying a hefty price. That was nice of your mom to give her those to hold her over but is that going to compromise your mom's health? 10 pills seems like a lot. I'm sorry your friend is going through this.
The poor person. Sounds like this medication is an emergency situation. It's gooing to be a month before she can get them? That seems rediculous to me. The pills were too bug for her? I guess I lost you somewhere.