I can't stand having to say no over and over again..

I came home and my daughter was no where to be found. so,now she is calling me to come pick her up. that is a 30 minute ride and I can't afford to waste gas. I gave her four train tickets to get back and forth. now,she is saying she is cold.. I keep telling her to walk with something. so,I told her I am not coming back out there. Plus,she should want to get on the freaking train anyway. last night she saw someone get shot and the boy died today.. y I hate having to say no but come on now. I only have $60 left and that is for gas in my car. I don't know what will happen that will cause me to need to drive.
@MandaLee (3726)
I hope she figures out a way to get home on her own.
Me too because I am not going to get her..
@MandaLee (3726)
I don't blame you one bit. Please keep me posted.
I will thanks.
@Rahulsan (83)
I know it must be driving you mad to know that she wants to be picked up. She may be scared after what she witnessed but, I don't think that is the case. If she is old enough to go so far out, she should have the brains to come back without troubling you. It actually may do her some good to face the cold and get back on her own. It is of no use saying no again and again if you keep giving in to her, its time you took a stand.
Good Luck!
She will get here sooner or later. I will not be going to get her tonight.
I do not blame you for not wanting to pick her up since she has been giving you trouble. I am not certain, but I wonder if you did pick her up if she would have started yelling at you and started a fight. I know that gas prices are terrible all over and we try our best to not drive unless it is necessary. Your daughter is old enough to get to places on her own.
She would not be yelling at all. She would be quiet and sing to the radio.
sharon and know why? because again she has pushed your buttons. bu t seriously will she be okay there ? i mean she is still a kid in so many way.this is the mom coming out in me.does your sister or your mom have a car they could pick her up in an emergency?I know I keep saying let her get home be herself but I would hate anything to happen to her oh sharon don't let me upset you, you do what you have to do.
She could get a job and get her own ride. If you don't feel like going that far you shouldn't. SHe should think before she takes off that if I go this far I may have to walk back. Duh! And it is not your responsibility to be her taxi. Why can't her boyfriend give her taxi fare? Well, I know but......!!
They are not together right now. he hit her the other day.
I recall that.
@bjc66bjc (6745)
WOW, gifts was that shooting in Mt. Vernon last night....that a sad sad incident to witness...But is she get on the train soon she will be home before it gets really cold... Good for you tsking that stsnd and sticking to it...
@bing28 (3798)
I'm sorry of having a negative comment from others but I think if she can find a way of returning home immediately she will without bothering you. You know the first thing to come in the minds of our children is to ask help from their parents, she's cold that's why if possible she don't want to wait for the train to come so requesting you to fetch her. If you have relatives near the place you can advise her to stay there first for her to be relieved from the cold until the next train come or until you find it possible for you to fetch her. This is just a suggestion friend sorry if it's contradictory to others' opinions.
@winterose (39918)
we all hate to do that but we have too, your daughter is a spoiled brat, and when she is going to live on her own next month she is going to have to do it so it is good practice now,.
Well said winterose, she proberly is just being a typical teenager but mummy wont always there to bail her out so its time for her to stand on her own to foot
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
Sorry to hear she is giving you a difficult time again. Sometimes it is like training a puppy, you have to do or say things over and over again until they finally get it, or the light bulb goes on. You need to do what is best for you. You never know when you will need the car for an emergency or when something important needs to be done. Hugs
Come on mom. Just say no - it's called tough love. Obviously, you give in to her alot - just toughen up and you will be alot happier and you will have taught her a good lesson for when she is an adult.
@olliekobra1 (1826)
Kids will be kids but if you have got her train tickets then tell her enough is enough and get the train, you have to put your foot down.
@Cherish14 (2695)
i know that would cost a lot and also a long way to drive. gosh, is she okay? she is probably scared because of what she saw. but she has tickets with her. so how is she now?
@carolscash (9500)
Well, the mother in me says that you should have gone to got her, but I understand that you need to conserve the money that you have for gas. She needs to be able to call you in an emergency and know that you are going to be there for her. I wonder how she got where she is and why she didn't take a jacket. She needs to come live with me for a week or two and she would be a whole different child because she would learn that a lot of parents do not tolerate this type of behavior.
• Turkey
I do not know the circumstances that makes you feel you dont want to go pick your daughter up but maybe i can give you something to seriously think about since as a mother who would give anything i own in this world if only my 24 year old son was able to phone me today to ask me to pick him up, i know what it is to remember each moment that i didn't help him. Alas, that can never ever again happen since he was murdered in 2008. If only i did not have an all out argument with him the last time i saw him alive, if only i did more for him rather than trying to teach him to be "tough"..didn't help one bit to protect him from his murderer in the end..If only..
@sid556 (31005)
HI Gifts, A 30 minute ride in the car is sure to be much longer on the train so I get why she might not want to but maybe on the way home, she will have time to think some. She may be mad for you not jumping to give her a ride but she might also think twice before putting herself in the position of needing one next time. I see it's been hours since you posted this. I hope you didn't give in and go get her.
as a daughter, you should teach her to take bus to arrive home and ask her the reason why she is cold and walk away,you must pay more attention to be care of her.i feel very sad that the girl see that,it affects him.the child need to be knowed by their parents,so you can chart whith the daughter and listen.you must find something,good luck