People with All the Power

@erikmama (12929)
Seem to be those who are the most sickest, rudest, dishonest people ever. I had to take a class yesterday, and this class, presented by a Sergeant at the Police Department, discussed just how dirty cops and that depertment were. He told us how cops would lie and make things up, trick you, make your life hell, etc. etc. He told us how cops would plant things on you if they wanted to and have you arrested for bogus accusations. How many have these ego trips with them and their pwoer gets to their head. He confirmed cops do havehttp://www.mylot.com/images/emotes/confused.gif quotas and if they need to meet them they will mess with you for anything. There were so many other things told! I was not shocked, however, but I think it is a shame that those we are suppose to trust, who are put into power are dirtier than anyone else in the world! Maybe not all, but at least 40%! A crying shame. Any thoughts?
This will never change either. there are some really nice cops out here where i live. we don't have that tpe of reputation around here.
@erikmama (12929)
I live in Nashville and I guess it is a big city thing. It is good to know that there are still good towns/places out there. I know there are good cops here, too, but the things this office stated makes you really wonder!
@Runite (307)
This country is so free that it's corrupt. :\
@MyLifez (54)
Sometimes it does seem like the people who can make your working life so miserable are the ones in power. On the other hand, I've gone on a few job interviews recently and some of the people I've met have been very nice. I think you just have to check out a lot of places and hopefully you can turn down the crappy sites and get a job offer from the good people. If you have to take whatever comes first, just try and stick it out until you can find something better. Good luck to you. I know I just had a recent experience in a hospital internship that has really put a monkey wrench into my college career. I won't go into all the details, but it is very discouraging when I was doing extremely well for 3 years in college and met up with one difficult person in my internship and now things are heading south. It isn't right that one person should have that much power of another person's life.
@erikmama (12929)
I don;t think we can judge a group of people as you say, it is the person and not thr group. But, I do believe that a police office is often one who lets it go to his head, and while he may not be breaking laws or justice, they are showing their authority more than they should.
You know it does seem sometimes like people who let power get to their head gravitate towards positions where they are going to have power of other people. There have been a few times in my life, where the biggest jerk in the office will be sure to get the promotion and the nice person (who would be a great boss) gets passed over. Argh....! Not sure why that is. I can surely see that some police officers get a taste of power and like you said, they let it go to their heads. I guess what goes around, comes around....so eventually karma seems to have the last say. Have a great day!
@bounce58 (17524)
I actually grew up in a place where people in power, mostly cops are notorious for being corrupt. They did all these things that mentioned. But I don't blame them for it. It was just a by-product of the environment. I think that most honest cops there wouldn't stand a chance with their ideals. They would soon be swallowed by the system they are in, or be kicked out of the force. That's why I moved out here. It isn't pefect here, but I think it's better.
@erikmama (12929)
Hi Bounce! Wow...where are you from? I think that it sucks, personally. Just knowing that, should something go wrong, there is a chance of a bad cop coming to my resuce...yah! Just what I wanted to happen.
It is shame to those people who are in high position and do hide bad deeds and shame too them. They should not be in the position but let them out ,and confess and find other best and good example. What a shame.
@erikmama (12929)
Shem on them, indeed. They should not be in power. We need people that care about their jobs, do it honestly, and as they are suppose to "protect and serve" us. I hope the numbers arent' truly this high, but I do not doubt it. I think it is ia sad world we are living in.
I don't know that we can put a percentage on it, but just like people, of course there are dishonest cops. Cops break the law too. Just because it's their jobs to enforce it doesn't mean that they actually follow the book themselves. No one is perfect. Although it does make things quite hypocritical to be enforcing the law one minute and then breaking the law the next minute... I certainly hope 40% of cops aren't dirty though! That's a huge percentage. Hopefully like 10 or less.
@erikmama (12929)
I think it is sad but it seems there are more bad people in the world today than there are good. I know there will be bad apples no matter where you go, but when someone is elected into a postion of power it should be something that doesn't go to their head, and the honor to protect and serve (or whatever there role may be) should be met. I have dealt with both good and bad cops. I guess it is the situation, I don't know.
Let's just say, I have known some great cops, and some scum. I do not doubt the 40% figure.