National Holiday on Friday and Monday--All Fully Booked!

@yanzalong (10151)
Indonesia
Travel plan should be made far in advance when there will be national holiday that falls on Friday and Monday. Today I watched TV news telling that all flight return tickets were all sold out. If you have made no preparation you won't be able to travel and enjoy your great weekend. Hi, how would you spend this very long, long weekend? If you are loaded, this is gonna be the greatest time travelling to where ever you like. For me, I would just sit in my living room doing mylotting as usual.
@doggydimon (1379)
Last week we also had a 5 day weekend but I decided to just stay within the city. It would be futile to try to book to some local destination and some nearby countries during those period because you will get frustrated due to waitlisted flights and hotel bookings. If you get a confirmation, it is way too expensive. Even you book it in advance, it still is fully booked and you will only get waitlisted seats.
@yanzalong (10151)
I didn't spend it elsewhere either because it cost a lot of money to spend such a special weekend. I know it's great to see those neigboring countries.
And besides, it is not bad to see the city so quiet and peaceful. No traffic and not much people in the malls because everybody is elsewhere. hehehe... It is fun to discover something new in your own city.
@bonding2 (219)
• South Africa
whenever i am traveling on holiday ,i make sure i book my flight in advance , i learnt this lesson the hard way once and since then i dont take nay chances
@yanzalong (10151)
Yes, you are right. If we book in advance, the cost is also lower. We got some 15 - 20 % discount if I am wrong.
@Sanitary (3969)
It's lucky for philippines to have such a long holiday, stretching from friday to monday, returning to work only on tuesday. We barely had such long holidays unless it's in december during christmas or chinese new year. With such long holidays, it would be good to do some traveling within philippines. There are many spots and tourist areas to explore, within budget. If i'm there, i would definitely take time to travel around, especially to Hundred islands.
@yanzalong (10151)
There are so many beautiful places outside the country. I'd very much like to visit Europe but it would cost such a lot of money. I don't think I'll be able to do that except it would be the cost of the government like it used to.
@ARIES1973 (9531)
• Legaspi, Philippines
Hi there! Yes I agree with you. Travel should be booked in advance not only to prevent closure of bookings but also if you booked in advance you can also avail of certain discounts and promo fares being offered by the travel agencies or airline itself. For me I will spending it here in our home because I am just waiting for the enhancement training which will be happening 5 days from now.
@yanzalong (10151)
Hi, how would you spend your vacation? I guess it depends on how much money I have. If I have more money and the time allows, I will travel to places I have never been to. what's your take on this?
@adhyz82 (36289)
thats why the traffic when the national holiday always higher.. especially when the national holiday in friday..
@yanzalong (10151)
I know Makasar is a very big city as well and crowded when holidays are in season.