What do you like and dislike about the Internet?

@kbkbooks (7030)
I like the Internet because it is very useful. I research all my medications online when I have questions. I research information the doctor tells me about my illnesses. I love meeting people through chat and blogging and forums. I have met a few chat friends in real life all over the United States. For sure you have to be careful who you chat with and what information you share, but it is possible to really get to know some people well and develop good friendships. I do believe you have to monitor kids carefully, little ones and teens.
@Krisss (1231)
I love the internet because of all the information that is out there. In my life, the biggest changes have been communicating with friends all over the world. Booking travel, digital photography. There are some huge downsides though. My kids are older but I think younger people have too much information not all of it good at their fingertips. I think kids need serious moderation on the net. Their minds are just not mature enough to deal with everything that is out there.
@kbkbooks (7030)
Thanks for participating in this discussion. I really agree with you. My children are in their early teens and pretty mature, but I still monitor their activity to some degree. Fortunately I have great kids with good values, so I don't worry much. Additionally, we talk openly about many things so if I ask them what they have been up to lately, what they have been doing, who they are socializing with, I know I can trust them.
@tibido (4081)
internet, now, is orrible
@kbkbooks (7030)
Some days that is true for sure. Stuff is slow or just plain stopped. Also, I agree it's easy to pick up malware and virii.
@jay80son (2049)
I like Internet because there a lot of freeinformation for any kind of thing !!!
@kbkbooks (7030)
I agree. Thanks for responding.