Are We There Yet?

@debrakcarey (19924)
Study these words, they are the tactics of the enemy. They are the mind set of those who think YOU are not smart enough to defeat them. A reformation means that masses of our people have reached the point of disillusionment with past ways and values. They don’t know what will work but they do know that the prevailing system is self-defeating, frustrating, and hopeless. They won’t act for change, but won’t strongly oppose those who do. The time is then ripe for revolution. The job of the organizer is to maneuver and bait the establishment so that it will publicly attack him as a “dangerous enemy. The organizer dedicated to changing the life of a particular community must first rub raw the resentments of the people of the community; fan the latent hostilities of many of the people to the point of overt expression. He must search out controversy and issues, rather than avoid them, for unless there is controversy people are not concerned enough to act. Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the[u] enemy thinks you have. [/u]The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people. The third rule is: Whereever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat. the fourth rule is:[u] Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. [/u]the fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. the sixth rule is: A good tactic is one [u]that your people enjoy. [/u]the seventh rule is: A [u]tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. [/u]the eighth rule: Keep the pressure on. the ninth rule: The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself. The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a [u]constant pressure upon the opposition. [/u]The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside. The twelth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. We are in a war; and these are the tactics of those opposed to America and the Constitutional Republic we are governed by. They have money, they have power and they believe they have the high moral ground. Those who currently occupy the White House, some who sit in the Senate and House - either intentionaly or by being subverted to the cause themselves, are deliberately destroying our nation, ripping apart the fabric of liberty in our Bill of Rights. They are not just misguided and their ideas are not just 'a different opinion' to those who love liberty. They understand how to change from within, to demoralize from without. And they think you and I are to stupid and to lazy to stop them. They try to divide us by class, by worldview, by race, by gender. They have made us believe it is an 'us against them' when it is really US against THEM. IF all of us said NO to their tactics and stopped allowing them to divide us, what a force we could be in November.
@Rollo1 (16685)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Unfortunately, these tactics will always work because humans are basically emotional beings. It is always so much easier to convince most people with emotional appeals than with cold, hard facts. Worse, most people will deny (with great emotion) that they've made up their minds based on their emotions. Their emotional decisions are so close to being a part of them, that they cannot be persuaded otherwise, ever, by anyone or anything. These tactics play on people's weaknesses, their need to part of a crowd, clique or movement, their need to feel emotionally and morally superior. So, if a group identifies something as a "wrong" or an injustice, then those who wish to believe themselves morally superior, must be on the side of those fighting that "wrong". In truth, no wrong or injustice may exist or it may be something quite different than the example the crowd has identified. You can never convince a true believer in the cause to change their minds, no matter what tack you take. Those who might be persuasive, who have the intestinal fortitude to stand up and tell the truth, to shine the light on issues and causes and try to bring a counterpoint will be thoroughly vilified so that only a very few will not be afraid to be associated with them. We are there. It is depressing but it seems almost all civilizations get "there" within about 300 years. Only repressive societies and monarchies ever seem to last longer. This makes you wonder about man's ability to govern himself. But I don't believe the founding fathers were wrong. Man governing himself is not impossible, it is the best form of governance. But over time, when nations forget the struggles they faced to secure liberty, they seem to forget also the worth of it.
@dragon54u (31636)
Sorry Rollo, I meant to put this under Debra's main discussion.
@debrakcarey (19924)
The problem with emotion is we just go with the flow. We don't think about why we are feeling what we are feeling. You're right, we don't even realize that's what we are doing. The emotions of 9/11 were so very strong in me. I was a little afraid I'd have a melt down in the days and weeks surrounding that awful day. As I prayed about it, trying to maintain some equalibrium, there was a very strong 'feeling' of this is more than it seems. As awful as it was, there was more, I was convinced of it. Something under the surface that I couldn't put words to. That is when I decided I was going to find out what it was. And that is why I am a political junkie today. It's difficult, when you have to live life AND try to piece all the pieces together. So many different things that seem disconnected, but are very much connected. It helped that I was already a history junkie, that helped. It also helped that I was never a follower, that I could see past the group mentality. In fact, I have found that often, if the group is heading one way, I will deliberately head the other. I do agree and my son feels very strongly that the republican form of government ususally falls apart after 200-300 years. He and I agree that it is a lack of morality, people want what they want and they want it NOW. They don't want to work for intangibles, they want toys and amusement. It is not easy to be a free person. And 'they' have made an entire generation doubt the rightness of the American form of government. They've told us our founding fathers were nothing special, our culture is nothing special, and our enemies have the right to hate us. We've thrown out God, we don't want to obey the rules cause they don't fit our lifestyle. I really believe satan is working overtime inciting violence and hate amongst our people. Well, I've written another book. Thanks for your input, dragon and rollo. You both have pretty much said it all. I do think we need to be aware of what tactics they are using, they are purposef, it is not by accident and what is scary, is their tactics are working.
@debrakcarey (19924)
* purposeful
@2004cqui (2823)
We would still have people who pick the party based on past behavior. For instance. My parents chose the democratic party because my father was in the union and for no other reason. My in-laws chose the republican party because they had a small business (one employee, the owner) ane for no other reason! I honestly think humans are basically sheep. We tend to stay on the freeway, where everyone else is, rather than taking a more logical route.
@dragon54u (31636)
My grandparents were all Democrats but that was way back...my mom always said her father would be horrified at the Democrat party as it is now. Voting from habit is ignorant, people should look at the issues and make up their own minds--if they did, we'd be in better shape.
@debrakcarey (19924)
I remember the first time I voted. It was for Carter, (yes, I can admit it) and I was around 18. I picked him because of party. And because my Mom voted for him. She encouraged me to pick who I thought, but I was so immature about politics, I was totally NOT prepared to make such a decision on my own. I get the idea that if someone can be sent to war, they should be able to vote. But at 18, who is prepared to do either? As for being sheep, I agree. The scriptures refer to us as such. We follow. Even when we 'think' we are leading. We are just leading 'other sheep'. There needs to be a shepherd, and some follow the 'good' shepherd, and others follow the wolf in 'sheeps' clothing. Sorry, I didn't mean to get off on a sermon, but lately I've been seeing just how closely life does fit what the scriptures say about the human condition.
For you to answer the question “are we there yet?” you need to know where you are coming from and where you need to go. We have forgotten where we are coming from and have no idea where we are going. Reflecting on the past will give us an idea of where we want to go and how to get there. Only then can we have change.
@bagarad (12716)
• Paso Robles, California
It seems the morality part is what makes it possible for a country to be self-governing without imploding from within. Our founding fathers said this form of government would only work with a moral people. The enemy also knows that, so the first target here was the family. They've pretty well finished destroying that except among the most religious people. They have also gotten the main stream to call evil good and good evil, so that now we are just as bad as Sodom was. Without revival in the hearts of the people, I don't think we can succeed in turning the nation around. We can't expect God to hold off judgement forever. We have the same moral problems that destroyed Israel, other ancient empires, Greece and Rome. When that happens, God often lets a younger and stronger nation invade. I just pray God will have mercy upon this country.
@debrakcarey (19924)
I agree with you whole heartedly. I just finished reading a book by Jonathan Cahn, Harbinger. It will scare you to read it, but it is an excellent book on warnings. We've had two, are we ready for what follows?