cake in a mug

@jazel_juan (15768)
Yes i didn't know there is such thing as cake in a mug. See, My husband's nephew is such a wiz at these things, so crafty and inventive and loves to read. Saturday, we were at their home and he told me he wants to bake and showed me the recipe of a cake in a mug.. lol it is a 5 minute recipe and cooked in a microwave. Ingredients are few and yes we tried it! lol..it is a chocolate cake and well it works, it is delicious even just like a regular chocolate cake, just that is it smaller and bakes faster! It was fun baking with the kids actually, they got all excited with the smell of it from the start lol... and since i do not have a microwave, i didn't see its use back then hahah..i want to go and buy one now as i want to bake fresh goodies for the kids, good for their snacks in school instead of buying them biscuits right?
@mtrguanlao (5527)
Wow,that is very interesting jazel! i wish to do it but I don't have a microwave oven too,lol! Can it be done in an oven toaster instead? I love desserts especially cakes! and I do make some no bake cakes at home. Can you share with me that recipe jazel,pls! Hehe!
@jazel_juan (15768)
i also love cakes and i also do no bake cakes at homes..sometimes that is..but most often i do ref cakes using grahams I do not think a toaster will do as it needs a lot more heat than that lol... go and buy a microwave! I am planning on buying one if i get to save for one
Oh yes,I do graham cakes too,haha! I even posted those recipes in my food blog,hehe! My family loves it so much,they said it's irresistible,hehe! I think I might consider buying one,lol! You better share me the recipe when I already have a microwave oven okay! By the way,thanks for the BR.
@jazel_juan (15768)
i am into food!! what is your blog? share it too me.. i have a blog but it is a mixture of all topics..versatile sure i share you all recipes..
@almond24 (1251)
• Hungary
I have tried it too with a home made recipe and it's great! And perfect when you don't want to make a lot, just something sweet for dessert. I'm not a fan of microwave, but I did this a few times. You only have to be careful with the "baking" time, I managed to burn the cake when I left it in for just a little longer, and it was a pain to get it out of the mug.
@jazel_juan (15768)
lol that is why we kept our eyes glued to it so it won't burn!
• Marion, Kansas
I have that recipe somewhere, but have never tried it. When kids cook with you they get to learn things, like math and science and nutrition. It sounds like a really good time.
@jazel_juan (15768)
yes it was a good time and plans on doing it more..do try it, if you want fast snacks you can do it right away
@lizzyt2007 (1312)
• Craig, Alaska
don't you know that eating from microwaves very bad for your health? I am posting a discussion on it. other than that I've heard of chocolate cake made in a cup. Never made it though.
@jazel_juan (15768)
i honestly do not know because i never really had microwave..