Mortgage Closing Cost Issue With A Lawyers Office. Would You Pursue?

@Muelitz (1592)
It is my first time to purchase a property in Canada. The lawyer's office that I dealt with made a mistake in computing my closing cost. I got charged $2,000 more. I tried calling and e-mailing them but they kept on referring me to the bank I took the mortgage from. The fact is, I already received all documents from the bank that made me believe the lawyers office is at fault. I do not know who to contact to complain about the lawyers office. If you were in my shoe, would you pursue and try to recover the 2K or just leave it and charge it to experience? Does anyone know I can call or contact to help me with this? Thanks
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I would definitely try to find someway to pursue it. I can't guarantee it will be easy, infact I am sure it will be a headache, but 2K is a lot of money and nothing fun to be dealing with. Make sure you get all necessary documents copied and keep the originals for yourself. As for what to do, maybe call the bank and see what they would suggest?
@Muelitz (1592)
I have received all the necessary documents from the bank. I am in the process of writing a formal letter for the lawyer
@mensab (4208)
two thousand dollars is a lot of money. if you can spare yourself from losing two thousand and time consuming follow-ups, then it is advisable that you let it go. but you have good reasons to pursue it. you have every right to pursue it. only that you have to spend some time and energy to pursue it. i do not know how much you earn, but i think it is worth it to pursue it.
@Muelitz (1592)
I will certainly pursue this. Money does not grow on trees Hahaha!