You Are NOT the Father

@erikmama (12929)
Here in America talk shows are really popular. One of those is The maury SHow. He does A LOT of DNA testing, and 80% of the time the man tested is not the father, after the girl has screamed and yelled and cussed and all sorts of other things, insiting the man is the father. Sometimes these women have MULTIPLE men tested! I don't understand why someone who has slept with 5 to 10 men could bring herself on a TV show like this! Especially knowing that she has slept with other men. Does she not know whay people think of her? IS that not something she finds a bit embarrassing? I just don't get why people do some of the things they do, like this. Sure, I watch it and laugh at them. Gives me the daily dose of drama. But I would NEVER go on one like this! What do you think?
I guess they're either really crazy or get paid really good money to do these DNA tests, and yell and scream and cuss; I sure would never do it! I know it's probably fake but even if it is, it sure does get boring to watch after a while. "I'M 110% SURE HE'S MY BABYDADDY!" *2 minutes later* "HE'S NOT THE FATHER!" Maury needs to get back to his "Man or Woman?" episodes... or hey, what about those episodes where those girls are afraid of things like pickles and cotton balls?
@erikmama (12929)
There have been a few people talking about getting paid for it...guess tht wasn't something I had thought about. But I know that a lot of the times it sure seems like it is real. I think more often than not it is real...you can tell when it is fake, or these people are as good fo actors as Denzel. Every now and then he throws in something different, but it isn't to often.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Personally when a woman comes on a Show like this to find out who the Father of their child is, especially if she has slept with multiple men, to me this is discusting. Why would anyone want to come on National TV to expose their life like this? How often do you think any man in their right mind is going to want to be in a relationship or sleep with this woman again? I truly feel Sorry for the kids involved and this woman really has no MORALS or self respect.
@erikmama (12929)
Me too. I dont see how a woman could sleep with so many different men in such a short amount of time. I wouldn't come on TV airing my dirty laundry like, that, I know. UI am sure there are many men who would sleep with her again... that is just how some men ae. But they are always going to see her easy...and nothing more. So sad.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Yes, it is quite sad, and people forget about the children being brought up around this, and what are they going to be told later on?
@bounce58 (17524)
I think it's really sad. I don't know what their motivation to go into these shows. Maybe it's the money offered to them by just appearing in the show, but you're exactly right, it also says something about themselves. Yes, other people don't have the right to say anything about you. But your family, relatives, or even worse -their kids could see their moms on TV that they don't have enough respect in themselves.
@erikmama (12929)
I wouldbe embarrassed if my friends or family went on there as I am sure some of these people are. But then again there are just as many who like it and find it entertaining. I had not even thought about the money. That is always a big motivator ot get a person to do just about anything, even if it does mean degrasiding themselves on national TV.
@bounce58 (17524)
Right, you are!
@char2011 (69)
I think it's really funny when this happens on talk shows. Some of the women are so sure they have oboy slept with one man and the person being tested is the father. They must say it do much they actually start to believe. I think it's very embarrassing when some womn come on talk shows and hae tested multiple men and still no father. Like what h save they been doing screwing 3 different men a day. It's the kids I feel sorry for.
@erikmama (12929)
Well, how can it be embarrassing if they know they have slept with other people? it would be for me. I think these women just convince themselves that it is the one who is the father because they want to be with a man so bad. It is entertaining, it is funny, but those who go on those shows make complete as@*@ of themselves. They should be emabssesed!
I know lol
@djbtol (5498)
If a girl sleeps around with 10 guys, then she really does not care who the father is. Seems a little silly for her to decide later that it matters. As far as what people think of her, she will tend to spend her time with people that believe like her and she will be quite comfortable.
@erikmama (12929)
Maybe she had a change of heart.People can change. Of course, I don't think this is the reason they are appearing on national TV and making fools of themselves. I still do not understand why someone would do it, but I suppose everyone is entitle dot do what they want and will as long as people like me keep watching it!
@leighz (457)
You are spot on girl. Also, if a h*e wants child support, she should make sure she only sleeps with those who can afford it. Making that as a business is totally irresponsible. Getting STD is another story.
@SarahAlyx (181)
I think its ridicolus. I dont even watch them any more because its gotten so stupid. I know that it sure as he** would embarass me for the whole world to know that I don't know who my baby's daddy is. I mean cmon they only do it for the attention.
@erikmama (12929)
I think it is crazy, too. I admit I still do watch it, however. I know it must be for the attention, but I mean, really??? Is that the type of attentuon they really want? Sometimes the storeis are so real and I feel bad for some of the girls on there who are obviousilly not in their right minds.
@erikmama (12929)
Ahh yes, another things I love about maury and the other shows. You get to see just how ignorant some people really are!! I love it! And that is pretty gross, I completely agree!!
@burrito88 (2779)
There are too many stupid people around. Just look how the fill up shows like this or Jerry Springer or Steve Wilkos. There's enough to spread over to the daytime courst shows, how many of those are there now? There there are the reality shows like Jersey Shore or the Khardashians. Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. Some of these people seem to be taking Warhol at his word, but others are taking up more time than they deserve. I don't watch this stuff. Can't they bring back reruns?
@erikmama (12929)
I do watch it. I find it to be comical/ I can not understand why these people do the things they do. If this is for a shot at 15 minutes of ame they need to expand their horizons and find something better.
@superbadx (484)
I myself actually understood the american humor or jokes like this. I actually love them ! But as i watched them like all episodes of those talk shows, stand up comedy and stuff, i would also be thinking that is it all true or just a joke ? Because all i can tell is that it's true but they make it a joke for people to laugh. I really understand what you are thinking about those women. I don't know about they themselves though.
@erikmama (12929)
Sometimes is real Sometimes it is fake. I think usually you can tell the difference. Ther are some that have folled is I am sure. Still, it is funny and enetertaining, to me at least.
@veejay19 (3592)
Utterly shameless,thats what i think of such people.They are either too stupid or they are after their ten minutes of fame, does not matter how it comes.Mee too, i wold rather die than be seen on such shows that give cheap publicity.Wee too had such a program on a tv channel featuring an anchor whose middle name was controvery.She used to bring couples on the stage and make them bring out the worst in them in the open.There was a lot of outrage amongst viewers and ultimately the program was deleted.
@erikmama (12929)
I thin they are to stupid... Surely no one would want such ateention. Wouldn't you have better luck doing prono or something?? I know, I know. I would NEVER, not in a million, billion gazillion years do something like this! I also wonder what people do before they fo on these talk shows. I mean, if my boyfriends tells me we are going to Jerry Springer because he has something to tellme, I be darn if I wait until the show to hear it cause you know it is bad and I dont wanna be embarrassed on TV!! We like that kind of stuff here, though. It is entertaining.
Ugh, I agree with you totally. So STUPID! I have thought about this too so many times. If I did not know who my kids father was I would be mortified. I would have a hard time telling my own family much less going on TV and admitting that! They have no self respect at all...
@erikmama (12929)
I know what you mean! And just knowng that you have slept with 5 guys but are on national TV swearing up and down he the only one and is a deadbeat, and then you hae those with the real crazy girls... LOL...Guess they just don't care what kind of attention they get unless they are getting it.
Ha ha ha, day time television is RIDICULOUS. It's either a judge show, like Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, whatever, or Maury. And Maury is so bad that yes...it can be funny. I don't see why America seems so entertained by DNA testing. I mean, the folks that are on there, no offense, but 99% of the time are usually total white trash. (Just saying what we are all thinking - lol). I get annoyed when I see this show, which isn't very often because I do work during these hours (thankfully, considering how bad day time TV is). I wonder how people go up there. I suppose they probably make some money off of it of course, and that's probably the motivation. But basically admitting you are a s*ut on national television...Well, it's not something I would do. . *shrugs*
@erikmama (12929)
I agree! But it is lots of fun to watch as others make complete idoits of themselves. I like my court shows, too, except Judge Joe Browsn. He's a little too much for me. I am not sure why we are so entertained by these things, and I am going to say it isnt the actual testing but the eopeople being tested and the things they are doing.
I definitely join you on this one. Also on many of the "reality shows". How can a person stand to embarrass themselves that way? And of course the television powers that be capitalizes on our curiosity and love of drama, and makes sure we have plenty to watch of this type.
@erikmama (12929)
I am not a big fan of the reality shows, but I do like to watch the other "trash." I do not know why people choose to do it. I know that I would never even consider something like this. We have to have these kinds of things in out lives! It gives me my daily does of drama while they get rich !
@petersum (4525)
American humour (oops humor!) is generally not understood very much in Europe. Now we have to question what is American entertainment! Weird!
@erikmama (12929)
LOL!! Yes, I suppose thats why other countries, like Europe, fare so much better than the U.S. What is humor in Europe, may I aks?
@amy77824 (147)
I remember watching i show like this and the same women had come on to the show twice but about two different things with two of her children.
@erikmama (12929)
Ive seen that happen a couple of times, too. I just cannot believe how ignorant some people are and the things they will do to get a free trip and a hotel room! Some of it is real and that is the sad part.