Stop charging me! I'm trying my best!

Ok, so I am really, really doing my best to pay off my debts. I haven't been able to meet the payments to this one particular company, but I've paid them what I can every month. Yet every month they charge me £24 on top of the original debt, for not being able to pay what they want. This is the same fee they charge people who don't make a payment at all. I feel like I should get a break, since I have spoken to them every month and paid as much as I possibly can. I will never catch up with my payments if they keep doing this.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Write to them. Contest the charges. Stop phoning - they can ignore that - and put it on paper. State your case clearly. Do something about it instead of accepting it. If you do nothing, they'll stiff you every time - that's their job. If you make noise and refuse to pay their ridiculous charges, they'll have to stop. Look back through your discussions - there's one back a ways where we talked about this and I posted loads of info on how to go about stopping them from screwing you over.
I remember what you said about the bank charges, and I will be trying the same thing with this catalogue company. Unfortunately I didn't get anywhere with the bank charges.
• Puerto Rico
You should try refinancing to a lower interest or to a longer maturity. If you refinance to a longer loan you will pay less each month. This can lower your minimum payment enough so that the amount you are paying now covers the minimum and a little extra. It will be better for you since you would avoid fees. It works as a short term solution until you can find a way to pay everything faster. Remember that a longer debt means more interest paid in the end. This is assuming that the company has loaned you money if its for some service or a subscription you may not be able to refinance at all.
I can't change how much I have to pay, its a certain amount each month and it builds up if I can't pay. Its stupid, if I can't pay, say, £50 one month, why would I be able to pay £100 the next, plus charges? I am paying what I can and they know this, I've explained that my circumstances have changed and I have a lot less money, but they don't care. If I pay £40 and should have paid £50, they add another £24.
I wonder if they charge you £ 24 each month besides the original debt according to the provisions of the agreement.If so,it cann’t be helped.I guess it is overdue fine or something.however It sounds like usury.
I agree that it does irritate to someone if you are conscious in paying your debts and you are religiously paying it monthly then there comes that mountainous interest that is added on your account adding insult to injury I would say isn't it ,persons involved in this kind of business must at least show a little sympathy to those who are paying their debts religiously right I know you can agree at me with that perhaps.Maybe programs like amnesty for example must be employed by these establishments to fill in such inadequacy what a relief maybe right who guess maybe it can help hopefully.
spirit through life, never give up.
@Cherish14 (2695)
i know how that works like they keep adding up the interest or something like that that's why people have a hard time paying their debts. i wish they could be more considerate, it is not reasonable to keep charging people so much interest.
@yanzalong (10174)
Just ignore them. They are very cruel. what debt is it, credit card? Debts are everywhere very cruel. I hate debts, really.
@tabatha7 (189)
wow, that's a lot of money! and kudos to you for making an effort to get out of debt! they shouldn't charge you the full amount that they charge people who don't pay anything. it seems very unfair. how can they expect you to pay off the bill if they're going to do that? i'm so sorry that they are doing this to you.
@ErinCW (37)
I know that they do it to encourage people to make the full payment, but your right, the logic is so beyond lost. "Oh, you don't have any more money...okay then, I'll just add this $40 charge to your account on top of what you already owe!" Drives me crazy. I would guess that there are A LOT of people living pay check to pay cheque, especially with the way the economy is now and how high the cost of just living with the basics is. So when a payment is late or only half paid, or even not paid for goodness sake, don't then tack on more money we have to pay! We don't have it!!! My bank does this. If a payment gets pulled from my account and for any number of reasons I was short, they put what money they took back in and then the bank charges me $40. THEN, the company charges me and most times it's around another $40! That makes me $80 more in debt than I already was. How they think I can afford that if their original payment just bounced I will never know. Money means too much to some people. I wish it didn't drive our world because it makes it nearly impossible to survive if you don't have a certain amount.
@superbadx (484)
I don't know where did you get this loan, but it must be a huge amount since they can actually charge you another 24 EUR every month for not paying to their terms. But i won't blame it all on them since you should know the requirements of the loans before taking it. As the above^ post said, you should think about getting a longer maturity of the loan as they will charge you less. Giving loan is a business and that's all they will think it is and will never get personal. They only care about the money and it's their leverage you are short on in since they will get to charge you more for it. My only advice to you is try to get it over with and try to be careful next time. Because if this loan you are taking is legal, they have every legal rights to charge you with that amount they are charging.