M is for Must Find a Job!!

@jerzgirl (8013)
Gloucester City, New Jersey
Sunday was my last day of work for this tax season. Even though there were two more days left for filers, I wasn't scheduled for either one. I now have to get started finding work to continue on through the year. I had an appointment scheduled with a temp agency on Monday, but I had to change it because I was unable to get the testing done with our internet being down. Money is another M word that is important here - the reason for the need to find a job. With two of us out of work and already being behind on rent, it is an absolute necessity to find a paying job so we don't lose our home. Monday, the next M word, is when I'll be going to get the money I offered to share with my daughter so she can get her engine fixed in her car. It's all I have, but we need a vehicle desperately. With hers having blown a rod when she was only one payment away from paying it off and only a couple of weeks after she lost her job, it has made for a very frustrating and depressing time for her. She's always been someone for whom things work out. Although I know they will work out eventually, she's not used to not having something come through right away for her. She's never been on unemployment before, so it's an entirely new scene for her. Have you been in a situation where things have been piling up like this - stuff in the "going wrong" category of life?
It seems I have been there for quite a while. I actually do have things I do for money, and we do meet the budget every month, but there is nothing for emergencies.
@jerzgirl (8013)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
What kinds of things do you do besides the 'lot to make ends meet?
I really hope things turn around for you and her. The unknown is hard enough, but with time running out it makes it even worse.
I know the feeling all too well. Randy lost his job in September and we used most of our savings to move in October. I thought if we moved to a bigger city there would be jobs available, but I was wrong. Now that randy is hurt (he has a foot condition called Charot's Foot) and is unable to work. We had a lot of dr appointments to attend and I need to be there. Until we get his disability and things calm down with his dr appointments I will be able to look for work. Right now I need to prioritize and take care of randy first. I hope you can find work soon. I know that with a bad economy it is hard.