I am so glad I have to places to get free clothes.

I have to break down my budget and pay off some bills. The weather is changing and I need more clothes since i gained 15 pounds. so,I will have to go to one or both of these places and get me some clothes. They are beautiful and in great to new condition. no stains or holes or anything for that matter. Do you have such a place where you live..
@Loverbear (4928)
When I was so sick and lost 180 pounds I would have been bankrupt if I tried to replace my wardrobe in a retail store. I went to my favorite Goodwill outlet store where I could buy my clothes by the pound. If I couldn't find it at the outlet store I went to other thrift shops where the clothing was still in really good shape. We don't have places that give away free clothes, the area I'm in is too "snooty" for doing something like that. There are two classes here, the very well off and the very poor. The very well off doesn't like to help the very poor so we're on our own when it comes to clothing. I haven't needed much in the way of clothes since I am taking online classes. I can kick back in my favorite over sized tee shirts and baggy jeans and not worry about dressing up. Come to think of it, we were invited to a semi formal function and I realized that the most formal (or semi formal) item I had to wear was a black garbage sack! We didn't go to the event, neither Bill or I do the dress up thing. Remember Paper Dresses?
I shopped at the good will for most of my daughter's clothing till she got to big and wanted better names. I love the thrift shops around here.
I wish we had a place like that. The weataher is getting warm in Las Vegas as well and money is so tight. I od need clothes, but I am going to have to wait. We just spent money on getting another used car (our old car just gave out) and if we had not needed one we would not have bought it. I am glad that you have a place to go to get things you need.
I wish everyone could have a place like this. it really helped me out this winter.
Here they give it free to those who are homeless and who have very low income, are handicapped, but I see average families struggling to buy their kids anything new for school.What they need the most is good shoes.I sometimes can't believe how poverty is rising around me,even those who work can afford less and less.
Here anyone can get them just get on line early and pick through everything..
Goodwill or Salvation army are the closest things we have to that in our area. Chances are though that you will get dirty clothes or ones with holes in it because of the poor area we live in. Consider yourself very lucky to have these clothes available to you.
That is great to shop at in some areas. but,mine are free and I need them like that..
We have alot of second hand stores in this area. Some are nice and cheaper than others. Even the Salvation Army has gone up in price. There are some nice ones though. I don't get out much to check them and don't have alot of bigger sizes anyway. I have two outfits I can wear right now and that is all. I need some too.
@NailTech (6890)
No do you have to show proof of income to them? I am hoping to get some charity medical care for my huge cyst that I have, please pray that I get it. I don't have any insurance. I have a thrift store to go to somewhat nearby and they used to be dirt cheap but have raised their prices so just go there and buy stuff as I need them, not often now as I have alot of clothes now anyways.
@fannitia (2170)
• Bulgaria
We don't have salvation army nor charity shops. But at least we have second hand shops. I have to say that even there the prices go up but I still can find very cheap clothes with good quality. I'm happy to get this because the new clothes are out of reach for me :))
@inertia4 (27665)
There are no places like that near me. Or if they're are I have never seen them. But thats cool. I would not mind places like that at all.
hi gifts yes we have salvation army and good will, aqnd one run by a tustin ladies club that has all donations and some are really so great, brand new,they look like someone bought them, did not like them and decided to sell on commison to this club. they are really inexpensive and its just a matter of finding your size is all.i am glad you have these p laces with good clothes for inexpensive prices.I am so large thoughj I can seldom find something to fit me which is why I= am still working on getting down to 150 pounds, I am at 193 so have a ways to go yet but am not giving up.
@asliah (11149)
hi, actually here in my country have many stores who sell second hand clothes or usually we called ukay-ukay,i buy my clothes for my work and also my daily clothes at home in ukay ukay for the affordable amout/prices, sometimes there are some clothes that the a really new and original too.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I am sure there are places but I've not had the need for them in many many years. I have so much clothes from different "weights. I never seem to throw any away. I need to go through them and maybe organize them and get them packed up, as my previous packing job just isn't making the cut.
@bonding2 (219)
• South Africa
there are such places everywhere but the difference is that in some places the free clothes are so worn out that only real desperate people collect them, it vaires from economy to economy
@cutepenguin (6457)
No, we don't have a place like this but I think it's a great idea. I know there are programs so that women who are in shelters can get some clothes for themselves and their kids, and their are programs for homeless men to get some things, but nothing available for the working poor. I get my son's clothes free because my older cousin gives me her sons' old clothes. I'm pretty lucky because it would be expensive otherwise. I'm saving up rewards points and online income so that when hand-me-downs are no longer working for us, I'll be able to afford clothing.
@Cherish14 (2695)
oh so do they just give away clothes? i wish there is something like that here too
@jazel_juan (15767)
well we have our ukay ukay shops or the second hand shops where we can shop clothes for less. clothes are pretty cheap and nice if you know how to really look for it
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
Yes we have so many shops here like Second hand store or Bargain store, and maybe like what they call from salvation army. Clothes are nice and branded but still you have to dig to the bottom so you can see all the clothes, they have shoes and bags also.
My sister lost a ton of weight because of lupus, and my step-daughter gained a ton of weight because of medication for something else. As a result, I got a ton of new clothes from both of them. Really nice clothes too!!!