Sagging Clothes is Against the Law

@erikmama (12934)
They are considering passing a bill here in Nashville that would make it illegal for people to wear sagging pants in public. Not sure the consequences. I am sure a fine or something. Personally I don't like to see people's butt's handing out, but to make it a law?? And to waste so much money on making it a law seems a bit ridiculous to me. You aren't going to stop it. And then, who is to saty who is sagging to much an dwho is not? What do you think about a law such as this? Are there any unusual laws in your city/state? Does the governement just waste our money or are these like these necassary?
@TheworD (42)
O thank God! I hope this catches on. I'm a 80's baby, so when the sagging pants came out, it was in Jr High. I hated it then but now I hate it with the passion of 1000 fires. I find the whole trin stupid, and an massive eye sore. Who told these guys that this was sexy? but don't stop there, how about the new pants below butt trin with skinnys? As if the original wasn't enough. Skinnys on men doesn't do it for me but when they sag the back, what the hell! I feel that finally tax dollars can be well spent, its time to kill this trin once and for all. The dumb trin has absolutely no cultural gravity, and fact is for all who don't know. Sagging your pants is a trin that came from prison. It means that your butt belonged to someone, think about it!
@erikmama (12934)
I think it is a crazy law, but I do agree with all of the statements that you made. I see guys dressed in the msot ridiculous of ways and I don't get it. And then to get to see their butts! Wow! I must be soo lucky! But I think a law is a little overboard with it. How can it possibly be enfordeed? And if the palnts are sagging to low, isn't it already indecent exposire already??
Alright, yeah, good point! this trin should fall under indecent exposire. Law or not, something has got to give. It's a reflection of a generation that has not educate themselves.
@Cale2012 (115)
For this topic law, I remind I have discuss similar law with my classmates in class at one time. My teacher read a ridiculous law that it regulate that people can't naked in the restauant,if you obey first time, you will be punish 1000 thousands, again you offend this law, may you will be put into prison for some days. And teacher said what do you think? and why ahthority make rule like this?
@Cale2012 (115)
just punish 1000dollars not 1000 thousands
yes, it's so stupid and a waste of money to try to pass a law like this. does any one really know how this all started????? inmates would allow their pants to sag to show that they were "available". :) :D :) :D :) :D i'm just thankful my son doesn't like sagging pants.
@erikmama (12934)
I did not know that. But...regardless it is one of those "fashion statements" for some. I don t like it, but it is such a waste of money and time.
@doroffee (4230)
• Hungary
There are a lot of things that would be more important, even in the judiciary system, than fining people who wear saggy clothes. It doesn't hurt anyone in a way that most crimes do...
@erikmama (12934)
You are sure right about that. I find that all too often they are always worried about the wrong things. It is such a shame.
@cher913 (25891)
my hubby heard about this. here in Canada, you really don't see too much of that although my daughters would disagree because they both go to highschool and see it alot. i dont mind if people take the liberty to dress as they please, but i also do not want to see any one elses body parts that shouldn't be showing!
@erikmama (12934)
I seen a guy lose his pants coming out of the store yesterday. I see it all of the time, and it is really annoying. I am not sure why people think someone thinks it is cute to show tehir boxers and their butt. You are lucky to live in Canada and not see this day n and day out. I think they should have the right to dress as they please, unless that means seeing their underwear.
I heard they passed one in Montgomery,which is like 2 hours from where I stay and are thinking of passing one in Birmingham, which is like an 1 hour away. I do think they said they would fine people for having sagging pants which I honestly don't see how they could really enforce it. I too would rather not see someone's underwear but I don't see how they could tell someone how to dress. Also it makes me wonder if they would only target males for doing this "crime." I do think they say it would fall under decent exposure but I have seen many women show much more and nothing is ever said to them. I have heard there is some stupid laws here in Alabama but I really don't think they are enforced much. I know if this was passed in my town, many would not follow it nor do I think they would pay a fine. Most people nowadays have trouble paying their bills and may not even have enough to buy clothes. And I think the fine is like $100 which many cannot afford. Also the police need to be worrying about serious criminals. I don't see how they would have time to worry about people dressing a certain way.
@erikmama (12934)
Enforcing it is also something i wonder. What is sagging to much? People do have the right to wear comfortable lose clothing if they choose. I think ther just wasting money with this bill, and I dont want to see their underware but really, it can already fall into incedecent expsore if it is really that bad. I am sure this is one they will really try with to start but hopedully just another thing they have wsted money on in the end.
Obviously I am against such a law, because it not only seems ridiculous but also gives the government too much control over us. However, I would also wonder what would be the definition of "too saggy". I mean, some people are more comfortable in tighter fitting clothes while others are more comfortable in looser fitting attire. In addition, some people get "hand me downs", because they can't afford to buy new clothes, and these "hand me downs" generally do not fit exactly right. Or what about the people that are losing weight and can't afford to buy an entirely new wardrobe, especially if they have not reached their target weight?
@erikmama (12934)
I agree our lives are already controlled enough and I thought of the same things as you. How are you going to know that you are sagging to much and when you aren't? I think it is crazy they actually passed this law and wasrted all this money.
I do not like sagging pants. I do not know why some guys think that is cute it is not. As for making it a law that people can not were sagging pants I think that is just an other way for the governement to waste money and put this country even more in debt.
@erikmama (12934)
I think you hit the nail on the head!! It isn't hot, it isn't cute but a law is going a little bit to far with it!
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I do think that it is a waste of money to make those laws. Have you seen those funny law sites that say what different laws were way back when? Some of them are out right disgusting but they are also very stupid laws as well. I think that if the government paid more attention to what we need passed into law and not what is just silly like this, we'd be getting somewhere.
@erikmama (12934)
I have seen those sites. And I am sure that this is one of those laws that will make it on there should it actually be pasded/ The bad thing is that it has passed the first set of votes. Think I will go look at that shite cine you refreshed my memory!! THose in charge always focus on the stupid stuff rather than the important stuff and I guess that is why the world is in such a bad situation today.
@TheIzers (680)
I think that's waste of money, they can put the money at public school to provide more reading book for children or something. I hate to see young people wear saggy pants but I just try to ignore it. I think we just need to make class act to the fashion company to stop making that kind of pants, or taking other approach through school but not spending public tax for this kind of thing.
@erikmama (12934)
There are so many ways this money could be used. I hate it to, but I mean, a law against it would just be to much. Hopefully when they get older thy';ll learnd. And, if they are saggiing and showing to much it is indecent exposiure anywya, right??
@megamatt (14331)
Yeah, this is an absurd law alright. Then again, it just shows you that the government is distracting themselves from the real problems that are happening, whether it be at a local, state, or national level. Distracting themselves with trivialities like this, like something like sagging clothes to say the very least, that is absurd. I would be embarrassed if I was the person who had to enforce this law. And while someone is enforcing this stupid law, other more horrific things are happening, which distracts from society. Plus this law also sets a dangerous precedent and opens the door for more restrictive laws which are going to influence what we wear elsewhere. It all starts so innocently.