Dearra's latest rant

@dawnald (84124)
Shingle Springs, California
So this morning Dearra was telling me about this comedy sketch that she had listened to. The person was asking why the manufacturers of feminine products put little feminine things on them, flowers, hearts, rainbows. Well really, do you feel like flowers and rainbows when you're having your monthly guest? Dearra thought they should put sharks or fire breathing dragons. After all, who, on their period, is waltzing through a field of flowers chasing butterflies and singing a happy tune? NOT....
I agree! If I had my choice , I wouldn't have had any period , Ever. I never wanted children.So all this period stuff is mute.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Heck even if you did want children, surely there was a better way to design the system!
I realized from my first period , G-d is a man and He is still pi$$ed off about Eden. Or Zeus was in a rush this is making Pandora, that He didn't think it all out. This is why whenever some feminists calls G-d a woman I say If G-d is a woman The b!tch has some explaining to do!
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
lol yeah!
i just love that "have a happy period" commercial. yea,come say that to me while i'm crampy. dragons..monsters..any of that'll work.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Volcano?
that too:)
@jdyrj777 (6559)
I remember reading a pamplet that was given out when they showed the "film" at school about trying to keep your spirits up. Flowers, rainbow and hearts are happy things. Sharks and fire breathing dragons are not the upbeat happy things unless your onto them.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
I think that's the point tbough
@jdyrj777 (6559)
exactly
I hear ya. Dragons and sharks. I think your daughter should write to the company and tell them her feelings. Women now days aren't really into rainbows and flowers and hearts anyway. Even the young one obviously. Sometimes these comedians come up with some great ideas about life and how to live it.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
She shoiuld!
Yep.
I must have not been around when this discussion occurred. I actually find that amusing and funny.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Was in the car on the way to school
ahh, where most things occur.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey dawny! I'm definitely with Dearra! I think most women are. I don't understand why the hell they put the damn flowers, hearts and friggen rainbows on the boxes, but I'll guess they were definitely designed my some moron male! I definitely would have picked the fire breathing dragons, a picture of Lucifer or the sharks, myself personally! Or maybe a picture of "Norman Bates in the "Shower Scene" of "Psycho"?
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
]
@SViswan (12095)
Lol...the things kids say! But that sure is right...what Dearra said. I think the manufacturers want us to think that it would be all flowers, hearts and rainbows if we use their product....without which we would be stuck with sharks or fire breathing dragons.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Or nothing
@fannitia (2172)
• Bulgaria
She's right of course! Well, the system was really ill-conceived. I was lucky because my monthly guest was always late and sometimes he didn't show for months. But I paid for this with useless treatments and worries about a possible sterility. Finally,in defiance of the doctors I gave birth to a child. But if there is a God who made us, I'm not grateful to him for this mess.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Nope- this points toHim being male!
@jillhill (37357)
Thats for sure.....no one feels like runnoing through the fields much less getting flowers or butterflies! I like the commercials too where gals are out doing all this stuff and the product is supposed to make the difference.....right.....NOT
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Dear marketing exec...
I don't really mind the decorations. Now, I find the hearts and flowers commercials utterly stupid, but hey, why not pretty up the products themselves? I'd laugh so hard if they put a fire breating dragon on a maxi pad. I guess I like the irony of decorative lady's prodcuts.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
I don't mind them either, but it is kind of silly.
I actually never quite paid attention to it before. But now that you mention it...flowers and rainbows and stuff don't really seem to suit it, now do they? and it's funny because it's not like the print is going to sell anymore. We just need them! We don't care what the heck they look like, right? It's like I'm walking down the aisle and am having a tough time to choosing because the print is so ugly on one versus the other. My goodness. I'd be debating on the price and leak prevention ability first! Who cares about the print, right?
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Especially leak preventipn
HA HA!! I think they should do away with any little designs period (ha ha - period) - just to make them cheaper for us to buy!! I guess they're trying to make us think these sweet images make our feminine "experience" more pleasant - if that's even possible. That's too funny about sharks or fire breathing dragons . . . seriously, huh?!
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Images of painkillers?
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Swords and warrior women fighting men? Now THAT sounds more like it.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Chopping their heads off more like
@savypat (20248)
I guess it comes down to what you want to wear between your legs, sharks or flowers. Maybe Superman or Batman would be more popular. Myself I neer gave it much thought, I just wanted something that didn't leak.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Thick enough pad, that's all I care
@p1kef1sh (45645)
Perish the thought that it might be some stereotypical view that girls like pink and fluffy rather than crimson and bloody ........
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
naw
@lynboobsy11 (11347)
I'm not having them since 14yrs ago, I'm just happy and enjoy using feminine wash with a color pink bottles and flowers on it.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Lucky you!
@JenInTN (27568)
I think she has a really good point. I am leaning towards the fir breathing dragon.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
I like the blood volcano too
@KrauseHome (31742)
A Shark of Fire eating dragon. Now this would be a Good idea, and take off all the happy things. Because many times I know when I am going thru this time of the month it is not fun. (Especially now since getting older and going thru the change.) This idea must be from a man, and many times if it is, I wish they had to go thru the mood changes, cramps etc. and see how they feel.
@dawnald (84124)
• Shingle Springs, California
Many women have wished that!